Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,346
Posts9,736,086
Members87,082
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Cass county thanks for being classy. Anti hunters!! BUT STILL A SUCCESS STORY! :D #1813086 11/08/10 01:20 PM
B
Beman Deamon Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
Who ever you are THANK YOU!! Thanks for driving your junky truck up and down co 2924 and 2921 shooting rounds from your window. in your attempt to run off every deer in the county, you failed. Your consistent 9mm shots (close to 50) had deer running like mad, straight to me. There I sat all cammo covered, looking like a marine sniper with my 308 perched in my lap, with every deer in the county looking for safety. My sweet little patch of oats was the perfect false security they needed. You will be happy to know I got 2 deer while you were shooting all around my place. They never knew I was there with you making all that racket. Tho I did not kill a monster I did kill a good cull buck and a old doe, thats fine with me, Im sure I will spend more days in the field, than you will riding around shooting. PM me your number so we can correlate and you can run them for me again!! Thanks for being classy Cass county.

I will post pics in a bit, I shot a 4 1/2 yo buck with 4 points, no brow tines no G1's just 2 crab claws, 18" wide and a heavy doe. Did not see anything but birds and a few yotes till the shooting started. I got a monster on my trail cam so he is my target now that I got some meat to chew on.

It was 29* and so cold my boots were sticking to the stand, what a great opening weekend!!

Last edited by Beman Deamon; 11/08/10 02:02 PM.
Re: Cass county thanks for being classy. Anti hunters!! [Re: Beman Deamon] #1813112 11/08/10 01:36 PM
K
KennyLee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
You didn't call the law? I'd call the local GW just to tell him/her what happened. I know they'd appreciate it.

Re: Cass county thanks for being classy. Anti hunters!! [Re: KennyLee] #1813121 11/08/10 01:46 PM
H
Hookem'UTbass Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
That close to know it was 9mm and no license plate and a call to the law for shooting from a public road from his window?

Re: Cass county thanks for being classy. Anti hunters!! [Re: KennyLee] #1813125 11/08/10 01:46 PM
B
Beman Deamon Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
I ran into the GW at the local feed store in Linden, told him of my place and my problem. He said he would do something.

Im still happy sittn here eating back strap and egg tacos laugh

Re: Cass county thanks for being classy. Anti hunters!! [Re: Hookem'UTbass] #1813127 11/08/10 01:48 PM
B
Beman Deamon Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
"That close to know it was 9mm and no license plate and a call to the law for shooting from a public road from his window?"

Does this answer your question/questions? Please use some punctuation in your statements. That is hard to read.

Found casings all over the main road by my gate, thats how I know it was a 9mm. I dont hunt by the road so the LP was out of the question.

Last edited by Beman Deamon; 11/08/10 01:51 PM.
Re: Cass county thanks for being classy. Anti hunters!! [Re: Beman Deamon] #1813642 11/08/10 04:06 PM
R
RangerRick Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
I doubt they read this forum,but if you had a camera a pic of a license plate might have been real handy an more productive after the fact. Glad you got your two deer..and 29* is cold..brr(Ive sleot ina tent with it 18* outside but still anything under 32/freeze actual o feel as) is cold to me!!

The way things should be are not often the way things are.....
Re: Cass county thanks for being classy. Anti hunters!! [Re: RangerRick] #1813703 11/08/10 04:20 PM
B
Beman Deamon Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: RangerRick
I doubt they read this forum,but if you had a camera a pic of a license plate might have been real handy an more productive after the fact. Glad you got your two deer..and 29* is cold..brr(Ive sleot ina tent with it 18* outside but still anything under 32/freeze actual o feel as) is cold to me!!

Yeah me too, it was more of a rant than an actual outreach, but on the slight chance they do laugh. It was nice and frosty each morning,the shivering makes you feel alive. lol Ive had my coffee and some backstrap so I am in a better mood laugh. No hard feelings to the animal lover, he/she is only making them more tolerant to human activity. I may have to put a camera up by the gate to see who it is. I'm sure a personal letter from the JP would do the trick. I'm more for pulling strings and keeping things off the radar, but if i have no choice on the record we shall go. Im off to work and to dream of my tree stand in the deep east Texas woods.

Re: Cass county thanks for being classy. Anti hunters!! [Re: Beman Deamon] #1818081 11/09/10 07:27 PM
B
Beman Deamon Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
Game warden just called my gramps and said he issued a ticket to someone "hunting from the road" with a 9mm pistol today about 1000' from my main gate. AWESOME!

Re: Cass county thanks for being classy. Anti hunters!! [Re: Beman Deamon] #1818150 11/09/10 07:40 PM
E
ETXFIREMAN 1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
That's good news but it prolly won't stop them.

Originally Posted by BMD
No doubt about the AR crap, just damn shame hunters don't have self control and knowledge

Re: Cass county thanks for being classy. Anti hunters!! [Re: ETXFIREMAN 1] #1818200 11/09/10 08:03 PM
K
K.P Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
That's pretty typical for Cass Co!

Quick story- About 6 years ago I decided to take my wife hunting with me. She had always wanted to go so we got grandma and grandpa to watch our son and she came along. Thanksgiving night we get to the lease ( in Case Co. half way between Atlanta and Linden ) and have a great dinner, get a fire going enjoy the evening and decided to go to bed around 11:00. About 11:30 I hear the sound of ATV's and they are very close...I grab the flashlight and .357 next to my bed, jump out of the trailer, not turning the light on yet and I can see the ATV's coming down the power line. The other guys that are on the lease with me have since joined me at the edge of the power lines. As the ATV's make the last hill just before our camp, I hit the Maglight and 2 of the 3 ATV's crash into each other trying to turn around. They take off just as you would expect. We call the sheriff, he makes it as far as he can but the county road leading to our lease was flooded and he would not drive down it in his cruiser, so he calls the GW. The GW arrives about 30 minutes later and we give him the details. He takes off down the road and catches the teenage kids on their ATV's way down the power line. Writes them a ticket for trespassing. Says that he would have fired a couple warning shots into the air, I did not do that but hind sight is 20/20. 3 weeks later when we returned all of our feeders had been knocked over, holes shoot in ALL of them and timers removed. Our camp had been destroyed and pulled down by, you guessed it, ATV's you could see the tracks in the dirt. Beer cans laid all over. We do not drink so we know it was from them. I packed up everything I could and have never been back......That's Cass Co. for you.

Saw several good deer on that property but we could never keep the poachers off, not to mention the vandals on ATV's.

Congrats on your deer! Did not mean to hijack your thread, just add to the Cass Co. drama.

"Violence does solve problems" ~Chris Kyle
Re: Cass county thanks for being classy. Anti hunters!! [Re: K.P] #1818304 11/09/10 08:34 PM
C
cable Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I worked in Atlanta for a year. Don't miss it.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide