Forums46
Topics538,130
Posts9,733,279
Members87,070
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: don k] #1685855 09/21/10 12:48 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: don k
Sometimes you have to forget all this "Poltical Correctness" crap and get mean.

works most of the time up

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: rifleman] #1686030 09/21/10 01:59 PM
C
COWDOG Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Try and talk to him first...good luck
Set up a camera on the fence line. If he shots a deer and cross into your property without your permission...you got him.

"If I die in Dallas, drag my cold, dead body back to Fort Worth"
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: COWDOG] #1686177 09/21/10 02:54 PM
K
KennyLee Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Thanks for all the comments guys. Three days, two voicemails left, plus one email I sent, and no reply. We'll see what happens. Some good suggestions though.

I'm a pretty agreeable guy. Of course, I have to actually speak with someone to be agreeable. I'd likely give them permission to come onto my place and look for a downed animal or even give permission to shot a coyote or hog on my side of the fence. I've given such permission to other neighbors.

Of course, before I gave that permission I'd like them to move their feeders so that they're not shooting directly at me. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: don k] #1686211 09/21/10 03:03 PM
B
BenBob Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
If someone puts their stand on the fenceline looking back into their property, I would have to keep my mouth shut because they can control where their bullet or arrow goes, back into their own property. I might not like it, but at least it is safe. If their blind is off of the fenceline and their feeder is on the fenceline and they will be shooting into my property, then we would have to have a talk.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: USMarine] #1686306 09/21/10 03:36 PM
K
Kory Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
I hunt about 100yards from our fence line but the property next to us hasnt been hunted in years. Last year the other property owner lease out the property next to ours. Well these people parked their truck right next to the fence. I didnt say anything at first because they have the right to hunt all of their property and park wherever they wish. It wasnt until my dad caught them posted up with decoys, turkey hunting under my feeder until something was said. Needless to say, they will not be parking there this year and i have permission to shoot a deer on their side of the fence.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: Kory] #1690445 09/22/10 09:41 PM
S
Seed Man Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Easy Problem to solve:
-Drive up and down fence line during prime hunting times
-put out animal stopper (Deer Stopper) Pick it up at your local garden center/feed store
-Put up alarm devices to scare deer off

I guarantee if you make this individuals hunting total hell, he will move his stand and feeder!

THE SEED MAN RECOMENDS PENNINGTON SEED!
www.PENNINGTONSEED.COM

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: Seed Man] #1690457 09/22/10 09:43 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Feeders in West Texas often are toppled over by the bad west Texas wind!!!

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: txbobcat] #1690615 09/22/10 10:37 PM
P
PSE-Xforce-AXE Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
I have posted about this same thing several times! Come on guys, your fence line, your deer, your rights, your, your, your!! Have you talked to the guy???? I have a lease with 4 feeders on it and on top of the hill, where it is rocky, I have a feeder where the fence around it is connected to the property fence!!! It is on my side!! Your saying I cant hunt ALL of my lease because it is your fence line, and your deer??? COME ON!!!!!

I am a bow hunter and I will NEVER shoot anything that is not on my property! Look at it as another feeder YOU do not have to take care of!!! I guess what I am saying is just TALK TO THE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!! IT is NOT YOUR fence line and YOUR deer!!!

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: PSE-Xforce-AXE] #1690747 09/22/10 11:31 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
99% of the time when feeders are put on the fenceline they are trying to attract deer from the neighboring property because they have either overhunted their own or stacked too many hunters on it.

Can anyone say high fence???

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: txbobcat] #1690804 09/22/10 11:52 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: txbobcat
Feeders in West Texas often are toppled over by the bad west Texas wind!!!
We get those winds here in Bandera too. We had a neighbor a few years ago leased his place and the hunters put the feeder right on the fence and the stand facing toward the feeder. He had brush behind him so the only place he could shoot would be toward us. Amazing what the wind will do to a feeder when it blows it over. After two wind storms he must have figured it might be wise to move it to a place where the wind might not blow.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: don k] #1691560 09/23/10 03:43 AM
B
bossbowman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Same thing happened to a place I subleased this summer. The head guy calls me beginning of september all ticked off wondering why their feeders were stolen. I didn't understand until he explained to me where the had placed them... thats right THEY were the ones hunting the fenceline & the neighbor wasn't having any of that and just took the feeders. I didn't know what to tell him, thought they had more sense than that, but they didn't even realize it was a no no to do that. So the moral of the story is, do not hunt your neighbors fenceling or your feeder might walk off.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: bossbowman] #1691604 09/23/10 04:04 AM
T
txhunter24 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
im in your same boat kennylee.

Every good and perfect gift is from above . James 1:17
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: txhunter24] #1691679 09/23/10 04:50 AM
K
KennyLee Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
PSE: Read all of my posts in the this thread and maybe you'll understand why I called it "my fenceline". You'll also see that I don't call them "my deer".

I've now sent two emails and left two voicemails with the property owner, but haven't heard back. I'll give it more time, but ultimately I'll just get the Gamewarden involved.

I definitely won't break any laws or vandalize anything. I've had it done to me too many times to turn around and do so to someone else.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: KennyLee] #1691776 09/23/10 11:08 AM
H
Hoytman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
H
Kennylee glad your not gonna resort to stealing or knocking down feeders. Get the warden involved. I would not not steal somebodys feeder just because it was close to my fenceline and some of these guys seem to forget its THEIR fence line too.

(Sig Pic to be no more than 125 pixels tall)
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: Hoytman] #1691787 09/23/10 11:27 AM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
The Gamewarden will tell you there is nothing he can do, until the law has been broken, and then and only then will he act.

They can line up all their feeders and blinds on your fence line and there is nothing you can do about it because it's not your property and the deer don't belong to you.

Vandalizing or stealing from their property, then you are the one in the wrong, and need to be prosecuted.

Also there is a law against interfering with someone's hunt, so deliberate actions to scare the deer is also not legal, and they can also call the GW on you.

High fences are one solution, and talking to them may be another, but if they don't want to listen then it's just something you'll have to live with!

Last edited by Jimbo; 09/23/10 11:37 AM.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: PSE-Xforce-AXE] #1691801 09/23/10 11:39 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: PSE-Xforce-AXE
I have posted about this same thing several times! Come on guys, your fence line, your deer, your rights, your, your, your!! Have you talked to the guy???? I have a lease with 4 feeders on it and on top of the hill, where it is rocky, I have a feeder where the fence around it is connected to the property fence!!! It is on my side!! Your saying I cant hunt ALL of my lease because it is your fence line, and your deer??? COME ON!!!!!

I am a bow hunter and I will NEVER shoot anything that is not on my property! Look at it as another feeder YOU do not have to take care of!!! I guess what I am saying is just TALK TO THE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!! IT is NOT YOUR fence line and YOUR deer!!!

If I was your neighbor then this statement might be true..good fences make good neighbors and bad neighbors make high fences. Man if you got enough land to have 4 feeders move off of the fencelines and be a good neighbor. I have never had a problem with someone hunting their property or the deer on it. Your neighbors can not read your mind and know that you are not going to shoot on his property. What do you do when the deer you just shot jumps the fence into the neighbors? Trespass to get it back? Techincally it is half of his fence if he shared the cost of building it and it is on the property line. Try taking down that fence and see how quickly you learn whose fence it is. Both people own up to the fence if it is on the boundry lines. Now if it is on his property then he owns it.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: stxranchman] #1691816 09/23/10 11:51 AM
C
Canazes9 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Been there done that. Attempted the polite conversation, was told to go screw myself. Called the game warden, he listened, came out and looked the stand over. Said he would go talk to the property owner, but nothing else he could do if he didn't have proof of a bullet crossing the property line.

Final Solution: Built a little junky ground level box blind and placed it directly in the line of fire, right on the fence on my side, immediately behind the feeder. Figured I would have proof of the bullet crossing the property line soon enough... Neighbor finally seemed to understand and moved his feeder and blind - put his blind directly on the fence facing in towards his feeder. I was fine w/ that, problem solved.

David

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: PSE-Xforce-AXE] #1691909 09/23/10 12:50 PM
S
Stinger13 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S

Using the all caps is totally unnecessary. He has a good point, especially regarding safety. Just because your arrow won't go as far as a bullt doesn't make you right. I bow hunt also, but if a gun hunter did that to me, I would feel the same way. I expect you would too. Do you get along with your hunting buddies since you seem to scream so much??

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: USMarine] #1691956 09/23/10 01:04 PM
T
texas8point Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
The first thing I would do is change my attitude.....and I dont mean that in a bad way, but yall are kind of partners now. If what he is doing is legal than yall are going to have to adjust to each other. Talk it out, work it out are yall are going to have a very unproductive deer season and probably end up doing something you shouldn't.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: USMarine] #1692390 09/23/10 03:31 PM
L
Longleaf Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Of course - be neighborly, try all "diplomatic", politically correct and COURTEOUS routes to a mutually agreeable solution first.

Then: 1) Park your truck on your property where you always have
2)Relieve yourself near the truck, but not across the property line (free deer deterent).
3) Last but not least (and I wish I had taken pictures because I really saw a guy do this) drag in the entire tin roof of an old chicken house and prop it up with 2x4's on your property near the line! I think it worked because the "other" guy quit leasing the 10 acre open field and moved elsewhere.

There problem solved .... good luck!

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
www.LongleafHuntingReserve.com
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: Longleaf] #1692416 09/23/10 03:45 PM
R
rstewlandman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Longleaf
Of course - be neighborly, try all "diplomatic", politically correct and COURTEOUS routes to a mutually agreeable solution first.

Then: 1) Park your truck on your property where you always have
2)Relieve yourself near the truck, but not across the property line (free deer deterent).

I've read where human urine can actually attract Bucks in Rut, you would feel pretty dumb if the Muy Grande came runnin all rutted up to your urine, saw your truck and jumped the fence and then BOOM, neighbor got em.....

the man at the top of the mountain didn't fall up it
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: rstewlandman] #1692492 09/23/10 04:05 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Human urine is barely a deer deterent, if at all. Maybe the first time they encounter it?

I pee out of my blind all the dang time, and I've had deer walk right over it more times than I can remember. Didn't bother them in the least.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: stxranchman] #1692790 09/23/10 06:01 PM
P
PSE-Xforce-AXE Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

If I was your neighbor then this statement might be true..good fences make good neighbors and bad neighbors make high fences. Man if you got enough land to have 4 feeders move off of the fencelines and be a good neighbor. I have never had a problem with someone hunting their property or the deer on it. Your neighbors can not read your mind and know that you are not going to shoot on his property. What do you do when the deer you just shot jumps the fence into the neighbors? Trespass to get it back? Techincally it is half of his fence if he shared the cost of building it and it is on the property line. Try taking down that fence and see how quickly you learn whose fence it is. Both people own up to the fence if it is on the boundry lines. Now if it is on his property then he owns it.

This lease has just over 150 acres. If the other land owner wants to come put a stand up overlookin MY feeder, man come do it. Maybe we will be hunting it the sameday he shoots the next record buck!! I will clean the dang thing for him!! If my arrow goes into a deer and it jumps the fence into his property, I WILL call and let him know I am going to retrieve my deer. The reason the feeder is there is because of how rocky it is. They are just as welcome to hunt my feeder on the fenceline as I am.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: Stinger13] #1692794 09/23/10 06:02 PM
P
PSE-Xforce-AXE Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Originally Posted By: stinger13

JUST DON'T LIKE STUPID!!!!!

Using the all caps is totally unnecessary. He has a good point, especially regarding safety. Just because your arrow won't go as far as a bullt doesn't make you right. I bow hunt also, but if a gun hunter did that to me, I would feel the same way. I expect you would too. Do you get along with your hunting buddies since you seem to scream so much??

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: PSE-Xforce-AXE] #1692806 09/23/10 06:05 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

This lease has just over 150 acres. If the other land owner wants to come put a stand up overlookin MY feeder, man come do it. Maybe we will be hunting it the sameday he shoots the next record buck!! I will clean the dang thing for him!! If my arrow goes into a deer and it jumps the fence into his property, I WILL call and let him know I am going to retrieve my deer. The reason the feeder is there is because of how rocky it is. They are just as welcome to hunt my feeder on the fenceline as I am.

"I WILL call and let him know I am going to retrieve my deer"..and you will be trespassing if he said no. He does not have to give you the right to retrieve your deer just because you shot in on your side.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide