Print Thread
Springer spaniel #1626223 08/26/10 09:18 PM
T
Texas redneck kid Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
I have a very beautiful spring spaniel she's a pure bread an has pappers does any body else have a pure read male or know some one who does an is interested in breeding?

The Texas redneck kid
Re: Springer spaniel [Re: Texas redneck kid] #1627075 08/27/10 01:58 AM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I know a guy with an excellent pup. When do you want to do this?

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Springer spaniel [Re: reeltexan] #1627324 08/27/10 03:04 AM
T
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
Man really any time well just have to talk an set up something

The Texas redneck kid
Re: Springer spaniel [Re: Texas redneck kid] #1631990 08/29/10 04:06 PM
C
CSF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
How much for a pup once they're on the ground?

Re: Springer spaniel [Re: CSF] #1634669 08/30/10 06:44 PM
T
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
Well I bought mine for A little over a grand so some where in that price range if the male is full blood

The Texas redneck kid
Re: Springer spaniel [Re: Texas redneck kid] #1637700 08/31/10 06:56 PM
H
HupDog Daddy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
just curious about you dogs pedigree --- where is it from? Have you had hips and eyes tested?

" Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch"
Re: Springer spaniel [Re: HupDog Daddy] #1638955 09/01/10 02:58 AM
T
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
I'm not sure I go her from my aunt cause my little cousin coulndr keep up with her but if your really thinking bout breading let me kno an I'll find out wheres she's from but no I haven't got her eyes or hips tested

The Texas redneck kid
Re: Springer spaniel [Re: Texas redneck kid] #1639276 09/01/10 06:36 AM
F
FishHuntTx Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
So you don't know the dog's pedigree and the bitch hasn't seen a vet to have her eyes and hips looked at but you want to charge 1K for the pups? Is this correct?

Re: Springer spaniel [Re: FishHuntTx] #1639414 09/01/10 12:04 PM
T
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
My Uncil has her papper work I have to get it from him an no I haunt cheeked her eyes an hips but yea that's how much they payed for her an I wan 750 to a grand for her pups if that's to much for u then don't buy one it's that easy. Any ways I'm looking for a breeder first then I'll worry bout pups

The Texas redneck kid
Re: Springer spaniel [Re: Texas redneck kid] #1639678 09/01/10 02:33 PM
M
Mud Shark Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Sounds like you really know a lot about the dog and breeding... Also sounds like a great deal. Especially not knowing the pedigree....

Mud Shark

Re: Springer spaniel [Re: Mud Shark] #1639755 09/01/10 03:22 PM
T
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
I don't I'm not tryin to say I do I just knows she comes from a good line an if I had some one instrested in breeding I could find all that out in a few days so when some wants to get serious about it then I'll let them kno until then o well but if makes u fell better I'm getting the papers from my Uncil some time next week an I'll put all her info on here is that good enough for u

The Texas redneck kid
Re: Springer spaniel [Re: Texas redneck kid] #1640016 09/01/10 04:58 PM
M
Mud Shark Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
It just helps knowing what one is getting into breeding with a dog. And just because you paid X amount of dollars for a dog and you breed with a registered dog, doesn't mean the pups are worth a grand. The post was pretty vague and there are a lot of questions that you don't seem to have the aswers to yet. I'm just trying to help you out, if that's good enough for you...

I also like punctuation and correctly spelled words. It makes it easier to read.

Mud Shark

Re: Springer spaniel [Re: Mud Shark] #1640177 09/01/10 06:10 PM
T
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
Well I'm look for some one who wants to breed an if they let me know then I'll get them the information it's not lik I can't get it it's just l don't have it on me so ur u really wanna kno then I'll guve u my # an get the info an let u kno just send me a message an thanks for the help

The Texas redneck kid
Re: Springer spaniel [Re: Texas redneck kid] #1640553 09/01/10 09:30 PM
S
spinman Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Any plans for checking the eyes and hips etc.? Also does the dog have any titles, or do any hunting of its own??? If I was looking I wouldn't pay a cent for a dog whose parents hadn't been tested for diseases. I might end up putting WAY over a grand into that pup if it gets hip dysplasia, or goes blind or gets any other inheritable diseases. Just my .02

Re: Springer spaniel [Re: spinman] #1641017 09/02/10 01:11 AM
T
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
Yea I plain on getting her checking her when I get some one that wants to breed an I take her hunting if that what you mean an she has 13 nipples. I understand y'all wanna know all these things I don't have answers to at this moment but when I find some to breed her with I'll have all the info

The Texas redneck kid
Re: Springer spaniel [Re: Texas redneck kid] #1641643 09/02/10 12:33 PM
H
HupDog Daddy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
I'm not trying to pick on you Texas Redneck Kid. I do take the subject of Springer Spaniels VERY seriously. Just because someone pays a chunk of change for a dog does not make it worth that much. A reputable breeder will have all medical conditions checked on a dog before breeding and will insist on the dog being bred to have all the same medical issues checked BEFORE breeding. Just because a dog has a pedigree does not make it a great dog and does not make it worth a bunch of money. I only say this because people that have not studied and know the breed should really avoid making puppies. I am all about the betterment of the breed and the dog. Wanting to breed a dog just because or just for the money is a disaster waiting to happen.
If you do happen to go through with this plan here is some advice. If you are going to ask a premium price most of the people who know Springers will first want to see a pedigree, then the Hip scores and the tests for retinal folds and the genetic tests for fucosidosis.(sounds expensive huh?) Then to top it all off they will want a money back guarntee if there is a problem with the dog.
All the reputable breeders offer all these things when they offer pups for sale at a premium price.
On a personal note you are what is known as a backyard breeder. Knowing what I do about what you are attempting, I would do all I could to keep people from buying a dog from you. Just to keep the pups out of the genetic pool.

The Labrador suffers from several conditions such as hip displasia and something called EIC and some others as well. Most of which could have been avoided had proper testing been done BEFORE breeding! Because of the popularity of the Lab they are in very high demand, which leads to greed and disreputable practices. The results are many times spending a lot of time and money on dog that can't walk at age 5 or collapses after running a hundred yards. Very very sad situation that could and should be avoided.

If you truly want to do the right thing, have your dog get all the testing done then spend some time doing the research into a properly matched stud. If you would like some help I would be more than happy to help you.
Then if after all these things you decide it would be to the betterment of the breed to have some pups, you will have no problems at all selling them for top dollar!

Last edited by HupDog Daddy; 09/02/10 12:39 PM.

" Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch"
Re: Springer spaniel [Re: HupDog Daddy] #1641656 09/02/10 12:38 PM
M
Mud Shark Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Very well put!

Mud Shark

Re: Springer spaniel [Re: Mud Shark] #1643043 09/02/10 08:33 PM
T
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
Ok I mean I do understand an I
In the process of getting a apointment for her to have all these test ran an I do want a stud to match the only thing I'm have troubble with as of now is getting the pappers from my aunt I also understand I can't charge top dollar for a $5 dog u but once I get all the info about her I will post it I'm just looking right now to see if there's anyone interested in breeding an yea I could use your help hell I'm 19 I don't know alo about breeding but thanks for the help any other info would be helpful thanks

The Texas redneck kid
Re: Springer spaniel [Re: Texas redneck kid] #1646950 09/05/10 01:25 AM
B
Bily Lovec Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
I think you should get her fixed, hunt her and love her for her whole life.
its not required to breed dogs.

story time.
I had a boykin spaniel. paid about a grand for him. hollywood bloodlines. he was an incredible hunter, he was trained by the best spaniel trainer in north america. I turned down $5k cash for him during a pheasant hunt once.
eyes, hips, hearing, size, color, all perfect. but...
he was a tad agressive, too agressive. I refused to breed him because his level of agressiveness was not desireable in the breed.
IMVHO, only the BEST of the breed should be carried on to the next generation. Im not saying your dog isnt one of the best, but you havent told us anything to believe she is.

good luck, brother. The best dog Ive ever had was a springer.

Re: Springer spaniel [Re: HupDog Daddy] #1648572 09/06/10 11:59 AM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted By: HupDog Daddy
I'm not trying to pick on you Texas Redneck Kid. I do take the subject of Springer Spaniels VERY seriously. Just because someone pays a chunk of change for a dog does not make it worth that much. A reputable breeder will have all medical conditions checked on a dog before breeding and will insist on the dog being bred to have all the same medical issues checked BEFORE breeding. Just because a dog has a pedigree does not make it a great dog and does not make it worth a bunch of money. I only say this because people that have not studied and know the breed should really avoid making puppies. I am all about the betterment of the breed and the dog. Wanting to breed a dog just because or just for the money is a disaster waiting to happen.
If you do happen to go through with this plan here is some advice. If you are going to ask a premium price most of the people who know Springers will first want to see a pedigree, then the Hip scores and the tests for retinal folds and the genetic tests for fucosidosis.(sounds expensive huh?) Then to top it all off they will want a money back guarntee if there is a problem with the dog.
All the reputable breeders offer all these things when they offer pups for sale at a premium price.
On a personal note you are what is known as a backyard breeder. Knowing what I do about what you are attempting, I would do all I could to keep people from buying a dog from you. Just to keep the pups out of the genetic pool.

The Labrador suffers from several conditions such as hip displasia and something called EIC and some others as well. Most of which could have been avoided had proper testing been done BEFORE breeding! Because of the popularity of the Lab they are in very high demand, which leads to greed and disreputable practices. The results are many times spending a lot of time and money on dog that can't walk at age 5 or collapses after running a hundred yards. Very very sad situation that could and should be avoided.

If you truly want to do the right thing, have your dog get all the testing done then spend some time doing the research into a properly matched stud. If you would like some help I would be more than happy to help you.
Then if after all these things you decide it would be to the betterment of the breed to have some pups, you will have no problems at all selling them for top dollar!
excellent info...

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide