Forums46
Topics538,520
Posts9,738,135
Members87,095
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? #1603705 08/17/10 09:06 PM
S
SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Ok guys hear is you chance to have your word herd. What things would you guys like to see in a predator hunting DVD we are in the process of making ours and I have a ton of things wrote down on how we want to make it but I think wear alot of folks go wrong is they don't ask the people buying the videos what it is they like and dis like. Besides lots of predator hunting action and I can already hear you guys anwsering my ? With well you need to take me lol.... What are some things that you would like to see for instance education stuff I get a ton of pms from folks asking how to ? All the time and I don't mind helping at all so we have decided to address alot of these ? In our DVD and still manage to keep it action packed and funny too. So hear we go I will use the opions you guys give me to create somthing great but I need feed back and don't hold back I really want to make a DVD that you guys can enjoy and also learn alot from . Thanks in advance for all you guys help just thought I would give the people buying the DVDs a chance to get in a word for a change. Also this DVD will be day and night hunting on public and private land in a few diffrent states just too let you no that we don't just hunt places on private ground but that we can call up predator's on public land that has been hunted year after year and using mainly hand calls to get it done. God bless skinner

Facebook @
Take'em Out Predator Productions
www.Takemoutbowfishing.com

Going threw life without loving God is like a dull pencil it has no point
Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER] #1603735 08/17/10 09:14 PM
C
catchrcall Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
the set ups. I want to see where you set up, when, and why. I want to see what kind of calls you use and when you use them as well,but mainly the setups. I've never called at night so that's all new to me.

Stand up for your rights to own and hunt with dogs
Join the Lonestar Working Dog Association
www.lswda.org
Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: catchrcall] #1603797 08/17/10 09:26 PM
T
t george Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
i would want to see the setups, calls and sequences... and lots of kills both short and long!

learn something new everyday and you will have never wasted a day.

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: t george] #1603873 08/17/10 09:48 PM
S
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Dang you guys are quick keep them coming setup is going to be one of the things we will go over for sure and all the calls used in the video will get deminstrated and discused as well after all the 2 guys putting out this video are Tj Shockler and my self and why not discuss it when you have a world champ and custom call builder at your disposal lol... We will also have a few friends and even some ladys and kids hunting with us.These are already some things we have been discusing about puting on our DVD so sounds like we are on the right train of thought any ways. Keep the input coming this is great. Seth

Last edited by SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER; 08/17/10 09:56 PM.

Facebook @

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER] #1603920 08/17/10 09:58 PM
F
FISHUNTER Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Less talkin....more killin. The best preditor video I have ever seen was a sample that was given to our company to consider purchasing. We didn't end up buying it and it ended up going home with me. 2 guys in there late 20's hunting all over Tx (mainly west/south) kill after kill after kill....constant action with little talk. rifle

Last edited by FISHUNTER; 08/17/10 09:59 PM.
Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: FISHUNTER] #1603983 08/17/10 10:16 PM
S
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
We have came up with and idea that should work for the people who buy a video for the action like you self and the folks that want to learn a thing or two it should work out great like the best ofboth worlds type thing but just remember your never too old to learn somthing new and that may help you call up more predators in the field but I understand what you mean about too much talking and not enough hunting don't worry their will be tons of action and some in your face close range kills too we even have a few 10 yard kills at night that you can count the hairs on them lol .....

Facebook @

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER] #1604228 08/17/10 11:59 PM
F
furdown Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
I like them to slow it down some, show the yote coming in. I enjoy seeing how they how the come in and react to the sorroundings, then show the kill. I would rather see all that than just showing them in shooting range and popping them.

At night it might be hard to do that but thats just the nature of the beast. But i agree with the others with the setup, the calls used.

�There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never cared for anything else thereafter.�- Ernest Hemingway

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: catchrcall] #1604534 08/18/10 02:06 AM
G
GAS Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
G
Originally Posted By: catchrcall
the set ups. I want to see where you set up, when, and why. I want to see what kind of calls you use and when you use them as well,but mainly the setups. I've never called at night so that's all new to me.

plus a clock in the video to see how long you are at a set and how long it really takes for the yot or what ever you are hunting to come in.

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: furdown] #1604535 08/18/10 02:06 AM
G
gogburn Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
I'm more into the "How To" videos. I'm old but I can still learn.

I don't like just watching the guy under the tree, blowing a call, shooting a coyote. Just kill shot after kill shot. Nothing wrong with kill shots, I'm just looking for more information.

I want to know why he chose that tree, that call, that time, that place etc.

One of the best ones I've seen was called "Hunting the Night Shift". There was supposed to be a sequal but I never found it on a shelf.

Good Hunting,
Gary
Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: gogburn] #1604579 08/18/10 02:22 AM
D
dk5265 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Setups. How to play the wind. What gear you use. I'd like to see hunts in south texas. I'd also like to see a variety of animals-coons,cats,yotes,foxes,etc.

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: gogburn] #1604594 08/18/10 02:27 AM
Rockinmyshoe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Decoy dogs would be both entertaining and educational. I would like to have the host talk about the hunt after the tapeing
instead of whispering during the actual hunt.
X2 on clock timer so we can see how patient you have to be on some sets.
Thanks for asking for our opinions
clap

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: Rockinmyshoe] #1604888 08/18/10 04:31 AM
S
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Great answers guys I had a bunch of this stuff on our list like a wind direction at the bottom of the screen and timer. Also as far as getting more than just a bang and flop video it’s a double edge sword with filming predators because they come in so fast and it’s hard to always no 100 percent wear at. That being said the only answer to that is too film a lot of stands and maybe 3 out of 10 you will get a whole lot of footage of them coming in and even sneaking sometimes we have a few clips that fit this bill. And the whisper stuff well we try and do a small amount of commentary before and after each set up instead of talking during the hunt but you can also add voice over’s in your DVD with editing too. I know one thing for sure we will show you it as it happens the good bad and the ugly lol.... none of this shoot the coyote then go back and fake a shot stuff after filming this last year the folks that do this on TV you catch it really easy and it just doesn’t have the same effect as capturing that person face the first time around. I love that you guys are responding so well this helps us put a product out there that you want to see and buy instead of the same old stuff. I knew a long time ago that between me and my dad and TJ that we had tons of experience and knowledge to share with people and that the DVD was going to be the best way to get it in front of lots of the folks who wanted to enjoy and learn from our trial and errors. So that’s exactly what we are going to bring to the table and tons of verity like foxes, coons, bobcats, ringtails, and coyotes not to mention the comedy every time we go out it seems like I get another blooper that makes me laugh so hard I want to cry. Keep them coming guys and thanks for the input. Seth

Last edited by SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER; 08/18/10 04:34 AM.

Facebook @

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER] #1604892 08/18/10 04:32 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I would like to get your opinion of what the animal is thinking when he is coming to the call. Should you shoot now, or give him time to come closer.

Someone mentioned total time on the set. How long were you at each stand , how long did you blow each time. The clock was a good idea, I understand you have to edit it.

Unless you're making money off of the equipment don't spend so much time on the equipment or brands. I understand you have to speak for your sponsors, but make the thing about learning

We want to see alot of kills

We want to see the proper way to use a decoy

I understand if you are a holy blower that the average joe is going to be lost but , demonstrate sounds that tend to call in one animal over another, preferably cats.

Don't make a video blasting stupid gray foxes

Show how to light up a stand and when to turn it off for those that don't know.

Show that it doesn't matter what caliber you use that it is going to blow a big hole in the animal anyway with varmnint bullet.

How far between stands.

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: Brother in-law] #1604908 08/18/10 04:44 AM
S
SowHntr Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S
Misses, mess ups, Some humor, made to seem more like the average joe hunting. Maybe a clip of a dry run, When we watch hunting shows it is only the sucessful side of it. I always wanted to know if that tv personality had to sit there for two days without seeing an animal, they make it look like you just need to sit here and do this and you will harvest something. hunting is not easy it is an Art.

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: dk5265] #1604988 08/18/10 05:43 AM
J
jdw Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
i agree that the education part is left out on alot videos whether it deer hunting, predator hunting. etc... ive stopped buying $30 hunting dvds just to watch people kill game without explaining situations and tactics. videos should be a learning experience. i dont mind watching monster bucks or wiley coyotes get shot but i like to learn other peoples tactics to become a better hunter.

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: jdw] #1605007 08/18/10 06:05 AM
S
schuler23 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
i wana watch your mistakes!! like errors, misses ect. and i want you to point them out. what u did wrong and what you should have done. most dvd edit that out and just show the good shots.

also maybe at the end show like the best 5-10 shots like while the credits are playing.

it would be cool to see you call in a coon. you now something other than coyotes and fox.

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: schuler23] #1605433 08/18/10 02:28 PM
S
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Great stuff guys I am writing all this stuff down and will try my best to use all that I can . What's funny is that hunting has become more like bass fishing in a way every one has this secret way of doing this or that and no one wants to let the cat out of the bag in fear of someone else catching or shooting their bass or coyote. Well we learned a long time ago that not sharing the secrets to that we no our any one else for that matter will couse this thing we call hunting to become non exsistent do to the fact that their our alott more people on the other side of the fence then we thank. So we will share every thing we can to help you guys call in more predators after all that's what it's about. It doesn't really matter becouse we learn something new every time we go out and hunt. I will through this out their we haven't looked into a editor fir the video yet
and we are still collecting footage for this winter but if any one hear does editing or can
get us in contact with a pro that would be great. You guys just keep in mind that
making one of these the right way is not cheap and takes alot of time and effort on many diffrent levels to get to the finished product but this is a passion that we want to do no matter what it cost so one way or the other we will get er done lol ... Thanks Seth

Last edited by SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER; 08/18/10 02:32 PM.

Facebook @

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER] #1606076 08/18/10 07:09 PM
T
tjshockler Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Im glad we are getting all this input from you guys as this is the way a dvd should be.Plenty of instruction and plenty of action.Another thing we will focus on is locating coyotes before trying to call them in.Simple and effective!

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: tjshockler] #1608486 08/19/10 06:18 PM
C
CoyCat Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
I think a lot of people make the mistake of getting to excited and pulling the trigger to quick. I like to let the animals come in up close and personal. Especially at night. Maybe have some stands in the video where you wait, wait, and keep waiting. Its hard to be patient but i like them close. Try to get them close up shots. Sounds like ya'll are doing one heck of a job. I will definitely be looking forward to the finished product.

AEG

"If a leaf falls from a tree, a Bear will smell the fact that it fell, a Hawk will see it fall, and a Deer will hear it fall... A Coyote will do all three..."
Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: CoyCat] #1608552 08/19/10 06:56 PM
S
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Thanks for all the feed back guys we really do try and pay attention to the little things that get missed on other videos and one things for sure we work hard at this and take pride in it this is not just a dream it's our lifestyle we have been doing this for almost as long as I can remeber and love every moment of it. I know that the finished product should be A hit to say the least. God bless Seth

Last edited by SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER; 08/20/10 02:25 PM.

Facebook @

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER] #1609863 08/20/10 03:05 AM
C
cattle69 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
All I ask is make it a hunting video, not an infomercial. I get tired of seeing people getting sponsored and just using their stuff. With todays editing it really is no telling what calls or loads they use, but by god they will definitely say it is whatever they are sponsored by.

[Linked Image]
President and cofounder of magical pellet club.
Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: cattle69] #1610343 08/20/10 02:18 PM
S
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Don't worry we won't use a product unless we think that it's worth a darn and even then that's our oppion on it that's all no one is saying you half to run down to the nearest sporting goods store and buy that product we would only be saying that we enjoy using this brand call ect. And don't worry to much about that we won't be pimping sponsors the whole video lol.... We are pretty much funding this on our own dime we do have a few sponors but mainly just us doing what every other predator hunter likes to do calling up predators in a few diffrent ways then every other video and teaching you methods that have worked for us not only for are every day use but as a full time job as 2 of us have worked for the state of Texas as Gov trappers to get rid of predators that cause problems for ranchers and farmers as a full time job. Cattle69 don't worry this DVD will be right up you guys alley trust me!

Last edited by SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER; 08/20/10 02:22 PM.

Facebook @

Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER] #1615029 08/23/10 12:48 AM
D
darrack Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
How about what weapons and info on them. I have seen alot of shows that i wondered what rifle was being used, why and what bullets. It will also offer some proof to rumors on certain weapons.

GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE
Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: darrack] #1615223 08/23/10 01:52 AM
S
Silverboar Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
2 must haves...

1) Close up impact shots...

...and...

2) Cool music...

Yrs.: 4 Hunts: 285 Hogs: 97 Ratio: 34.04%

Sniper Hog Lights Pro Staff
Boar Hunter Magazine
Re: What do you guys want to see in a predator hunting DVD ? [Re: Silverboar] #1616195 08/23/10 03:46 PM
U
UltimatePredator Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
U
You guys can look forward to an entertaining dvd from these guys. I am certain that it will without a doubt be different than anything that has ever been put out there so far. Seth and Tj are a couple of great guys and not to mention have a ton of knowledge that I am sure every predator hunter on this site can learn from. Who knows mabye we will all get an opportunity to see the "robot" as I have had the chance to witness in person. Dont worry guys if Seth decides that his incredibly horrible dancing doesnt make the cut, I still have the master copy for everyone to enjoy if they so wish.

CARNIVORE'S night hunting Professionals!

Only on Pursuit...

www.ultimatepredatortv.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide