Forums46
Topics539,690
Posts9,752,603
Members87,175
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: duckhunter42] #1591587 08/11/10 11:20 PM
C
cmelvin Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Originally Posted By: duckhunter42
Originally Posted By: Featherduster
I must stick up for these guys. I know the duckmen on a personal level and it's hard to think somebody would hate on them. Someone complains that their not hardcore because they aren't folding birds every second of the show. I mean come on! Do you seriously think just because your last name is robertson that your supposed to be a duck God or something. I tell you what makes them "pimps" as somebody would say is they ain't scared to put on tv that they shot one bird on opening day. Pick a shallow spot! Yeah right, if anybody knew anything he has 25+ blinds to hunt out of...all of em have 20+ ft. of water. There ain't no shallow spots. I just think it's funny how somebody on TV had a bad hunt and the whole world of waterfowlers is stunned. I like the real life stuff, if I wanted to see straight kills then I would just watch the DVD. If your looking for tips from them which somebody feels that they left out, you can buy their newest DVD Ten Commandments. As far as showing products with the camera and advertising their sponsor goes...it worked!!! Also if you would read the Title of the show is called, BENELLI presents, Duck Commander. This is benellis doing folks not theirs. If you wonder why season 1 isn't on DVD it's simply because benelli doesn't want to put it out at the time. Their in control. Anyways if you have to make a DVD every year about killing birds and the birds simply aren't in your area because of MOTHER NATURE then why wouldn't you pack up and travel to where their at. I know I would. Also if anybody would know anything about them, every single one of their DVDs are hunting with other outfitters. Funny how this is a shock for some people. I mean what are people askin for, Jeff Foiles hunting resident geese like all of his fallin skies DVDs. Gimme a break. and by all means this shouldn't be something to start bashing each other about seeing that some of you guys on here do that on a regular basis. Just not my style.....also if you haven't heard Phil Robertson preach before, you should.

well said!!!

x2

I have found that diversity adds balance to things. And thats why i shoot a diversity of animals. so i can bring balance to my freezer
Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: cmelvin] #1591665 08/12/10 12:03 AM
H
Hopedale Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Man, I just watch the show from last night, and I'm sorry, I just flat out enjoy the show. And no, it ain't got nothing to do with the fact they're from Louisiana.

[Linked Image]
Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: garrett] #1592097 08/12/10 02:55 AM
P
pikefall04 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Originally Posted By: gr_elliott
Originally Posted By: ducknbass

I got 30 seconds in and had to close that video...cant handle it

+1

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: pikefall04] #1592117 08/12/10 03:00 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Man, their video's bring back the memories (saying that since I have had 2 kids since watching them on a regular basis). 2 am playing cards watching Traditions at the cabin. Wake up in 3 hours and sit and wait and bam.

They filmed their show in their friends spot in the summer so all the public barnies will hunt their. They don't video their honey holes. Guys on the THF would cyber scout and hunt them. rofl

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: Txduckman] #1592217 08/12/10 03:44 AM
D
duckboy007 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Y'all go back and watch the videos from the early years through, and tell me they aren't all that. The show is something completely different, and almost an inconvienience. These boys are trying to make a DVD every year, and now there's another camera crew in the way. While they are trying to run a call making business.

My dog snores.
Secret Agent Custom Calls
Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: sptaylor] #1592279 08/12/10 04:12 AM
F
FowlDreams Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: gr_elliott
1st Dc is not a great hunting show. I think we can all agree on that.

2nd Its better than the flyway highway. Think we can agree on that.

3rd Gr's sig is propbably the best sig on the THF. Think we can agree there as well.

I hunted with old fowldreams a lot last season...that really is his motto

Originally Posted By: sptaylor
Now that was a trip I will never forget... Hopefully FD didnt get any "lasting" memories barf

Ya'll are just jealous and everyone know's it!!! And the only thing close to my motto in that sig is that I love women grin

Silver Creek Guide Service 817-597-0781

Instagram: @fowldreams @silvercreekguideservice @fdwc_calls
Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: FowlDreams] #1592724 08/12/10 03:03 PM
S
sptaylor Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
[quote=FowlDreams
Ya'll are just jealous and everyone know's it!!! And the only thing close to my motto in that sig is that I love women grin [/quote]

Didnt mean to get you riled up man, we know you love women. And the offer still stands for me to move her house with my truck if you want bounce

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: sptaylor] #1592734 08/12/10 03:09 PM
garrett Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: sptaylor
[quote=FowlDreams
Ya'll are just jealous and everyone know's it!!! And the only thing close to my motto in that sig is that I love women grin

Didnt mean to get you riled up man, we know you love women. And the offer still stands for me to move her house with my truck if you want bounce [/quote]

did you see her tattoo? it said "if wal-mart aint got it, I dont need it". it was right accross her lower back where all the good girls get tats rofl

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: garrett] #1592742 08/12/10 03:13 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
yall run into my sister some where?

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: ducknbass] #1592758 08/12/10 03:19 PM
garrett Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
yall run into my sister some where?

corsicana, fowldreams got to know her a little better than the rest of us though...nice girls from what I hear, your parents did a heck of job raising her up

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: garrett] #1592805 08/12/10 03:47 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
LOL

I assume fowl is gonna do right, and adopt her 12 kids???

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: ducknbass] #1592895 08/12/10 04:29 PM
F
FowlDreams Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
F
LOL

I assume fowl is gonna do right, and adopt her 12 kids???

lmao actually.... it was only 4!

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: FowlDreams] #1592950 08/12/10 04:57 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
My sister lying again.

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: Featherduster] #1592980 08/12/10 05:08 PM
C
cforand1293 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Featherduster
I must stick up for these guys. I know the duckmen on a personal level and it's hard to think somebody would hate on them. Someone complains that their not hardcore because they aren't folding birds every second of the show. I mean come on! Do you seriously think just because your last name is robertson that your supposed to be a duck God or something. I tell you what makes them "pimps" as somebody would say is they ain't scared to put on tv that they shot one bird on opening day. Pick a shallow spot! Yeah right, if anybody knew anything he has 25+ blinds to hunt out of...all of em have 20+ ft. of water. There ain't no shallow spots. I just think it's funny how somebody on TV had a bad hunt and the whole world of waterfowlers is stunned. I like the real life stuff, if I wanted to see straight kills then I would just watch the DVD. If your looking for tips from them which somebody feels that they left out, you can buy their newest DVD Ten Commandments. As far as showing products with the camera and advertising their sponsor goes...it worked!!! Also if you would read the Title of the show is called, BENELLI presents, Duck Commander. This is benellis doing folks not theirs. If you wonder why season 1 isn't on DVD it's simply because benelli doesn't want to put it out at the time. Their in control. Anyways if you have to make a DVD every year about killing birds and the birds simply aren't in your area because of MOTHER NATURE then why wouldn't you pack up and travel to where their at. I know I would. Also if anybody would know anything about them, every single one of their DVDs are hunting with other outfitters. Funny how this is a shock for some people. I mean what are people askin for, Jeff Foiles hunting resident geese like all of his fallin skies DVDs. Gimme a break. and by all means this shouldn't be something to start bashing each other about seeing that some of you guys on here do that on a regular basis. Just not my style.....also if you haven't heard Phil Robertson preach before, you should.

I agree with about 90% of what you said. First, Phil doesnt even own DC anymore, sold it to Willie. He is still THE Duck Commander. Willie is the one who has taken the show from hardcore hunts to us watching Jasp break in to his office to steal crap... The dvd is were all the action is. This show is not about hunting it's about the lifestyle of DC. I live in east Texas and we had a very hard season last year, same thing. But these guys do it for a living, it is what they do. I have no problem with Phil and think Jasp is a stand up guy, but..... Willie is a joke... Even took his own brothers idea for Buck Commander and left him out. Phil is all about killing ducks, Wiilie is about having his face on an RV. Hard to think that Phil being such a great guy and preacher, would allow his son to be such a jack a$$. I know Willie is a grown man, but when it comes down to the end of the day its all about the dollars....

Willie better remember one thing.....Pride goes before destruction, and a stiff spirit before a fall.Proverbs 16:18

PS I have Phil preach many times...

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: ducknbass] #1593023 08/12/10 05:30 PM
F
FowlDreams Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
F
My sister lying again.

yeah well I only saw 4 rofl

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: FowlDreams] #1593039 08/12/10 05:39 PM
L
longone Offline
Tracker
Tracker
L
Miss them "duckmen" I, II, III days,

DC TV is 90% about the operations of DC and has nearly nothing to do with killing ducks. It is slowing turning into what ALL hunting shows have become... 21 mins. of selling crap, 4.5 mins of actual hunting...

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"
is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".
Type VII/Class II SOT..
www.tacticalhogcontrol.com
www.cottonwoodarmory.com
Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: longone] #1593244 08/12/10 07:12 PM
B
black312mag Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
i was gonna come up with some long winded bit about this but... I like the show, Its a hunting reality show and for that its not bad. I watch it between the commercials during the texas rangers games :-)

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: black312mag] #1593282 08/12/10 07:31 PM
M
mwaites Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
Your missing the point of the show if you are watching it for kills. It's about their life and what they go through to make the DVD's and calls. Very entertaining in my book. I love the fact that they make a tv show and only kill one duck... they are human. I will say I thought last season was better than this season though.

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: mwaites] #1593351 08/12/10 08:08 PM
F
Featherduster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted By: mwaites
Your missing the point of the show if you are watching it for kills. It's about their life and what they go through to make the DVD's and calls. Very entertaining in my book. I love the fact that they make a tv show and only kill one duck... they are human. I will say I thought last season was better than this season though.

Perfectos!!!!!!

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: cforand1293] #1593430 08/12/10 08:54 PM
F
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: cforand1293

I agree with about 90% of what you said. First, Phil doesnt even own DC anymore, sold it to Willie. He is still THE Duck Commander. Willie is the one who has taken the show from hardcore hunts to us watching Jasp break in to his office to steal crap... The dvd is were all the action is. This show is not about hunting it's about the lifestyle of DC. I live in east Texas and we had a very hard season last year, same thing. But these guys do it for a living, it is what they do. I have no problem with Phil and think Jasp is a stand up guy, but..... Willie is a joke... Even took his own brothers idea for Buck Commander and left him out. Phil is all about killing ducks, Wiilie is about having his face on an RV. Hard to think that Phil being such a great guy and preacher, would allow his son to be such a jack a$$. I know Willie is a grown man, but when it comes down to the end of the day its all about the dollars....

Willie better remember one thing.....Pride goes before destruction, and a stiff spirit before a fall.Proverbs 16:18

PS I have Phil preach many times...

Which one is Jasp?

[Linked Image]

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: Marcstar] #1593655 08/12/10 10:19 PM
D
drakedoctor Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Here is a thought! Why would a man that shot Brownings in all of the shows that I ever watched, and I own all the original Duck Commander videos by the way, switch over to Benelli late in his life. He obviously doesn't need money, he turned down the NFL to hunt ducks and he has made a fine living doing it. I smell hypocrisy!

Live to hunt, hunt to live.
Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: drakedoctor] #1593712 08/12/10 10:48 PM
L
LuckyDucker Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Pssst.. they switched boats, camo, and decoys since those first videos too. eek2

Who needs progress.

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: drakedoctor] #1593713 08/12/10 10:48 PM
N
nogeese Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
N
Originally Posted By: drakedoctor
Here is a thought! Why would a man that shot Brownings in all of the shows that I ever watched, and I own all the original Duck Commander videos by the way, switch over to Benelli late in his life. He obviously doesn't need money, he turned down the NFL to hunt ducks and he has made a fine living doing it. I smell hypocrisy!

huh???

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: mwaites] #1593717 08/12/10 10:49 PM
N
nogeese Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
N
Originally Posted By: mwaites

hey get out of my chatroom! smile

Re: Duck Commander is way over rated [Re: nogeese] #1593810 08/12/10 11:34 PM
D
Deadeyedaniel Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
you dont see much of them hunting at all. it basicly just about there family stuff...... come on show some hunting!!!!!!!!

webbed feet and cupped wings = love
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide