Forums46
Topics538,099
Posts9,733,027
Members87,066
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: R.G.C.] #1563283 07/30/10 01:54 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
He may give you a discount.

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: ducknbass] #1563284 07/30/10 01:54 PM
R
R.G.C. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted By: ducknbass
Got a dollar says he's better than RGC

I aint going to argue on this one. I can hold my own but I am no where near being the best. back

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: WhiskeyandMe] #1563401 07/30/10 02:54 PM
B
Blast Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: WhiskeyandMe
Mr. Harper????

I presume???? nidea

J.J.

HEY BOY!!!!! I wondered if you and Cappy were still around and Yes Sir, its me. How you been?????? I havent seen you in ages. How did you know it was me and tell these boys whether I am full of chit or not.

Man last year jerked a knot in my ole arse. Its good to hear from you.

Harry

Last edited by Blast; 07/30/10 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling

For Man, there is no greater burden than potential
Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: R.G.C.] #1563405 07/30/10 02:56 PM
B
Blast Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: R.G.C.
Mr. Harper????

I presume???? nidea

J.J.

I take it you might know this person J.J.?

If so can you give us some insight as to how good he is after you know for sure

And be kind!!!!

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: WhiskeyandMe] #1563409 07/30/10 02:59 PM
B
Blast Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
B
Oh, BTW...

Harry, is a "GREAT" guy...and know's not only how to blow a duck call but how to teach someone to blow one! up

J.J.

Your a kind man my friend, I "preeshate cha" and my yeller dawgs doan stink! I stink on occasion but not muh dawgs!

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: No-Tox] #1563433 07/30/10 03:05 PM
B
Blast Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: No-Tox
You should go to the Refuge Texas Forum and give those guys some lessons. They all suck over there!!!!!

This is just my opinion, no no its not my opinion it has been my experience that, in any state SANCTIONED contest one is really only competing against 3 to 5 competitors. The same holds true on any sanctioned regional except instead of 3 to 5 contenders, there are 7-10 "contenders". Not that the rest aren't any good, its just that in a state or a stand alone regional there will be a handful of real contenders for the title.
Now the mega regionals with a group of regionals together, it can be like blowing in a mini World's with 25 to 35 real contenders all looking for a "seat on the bus" as its called if you qualify to blow in the World.
Harry

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: Blast] #1563584 07/30/10 04:18 PM
W
whby05 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
hey blast did you get my pm? it was the one with all the questions....hahahah

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: whby05] #1563594 07/30/10 04:24 PM
D
duckiller Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
How much does a 1 hour lesson run? What does it include?

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: duckiller] #1564036 07/30/10 07:38 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: duckiller

........good question. I need to polish up on my callin and I need a sho-nuff go getter to help me figure out how to call greenheads.

I just can't seem to kill any mallards so this may be right up my alley! up

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

All posts made by the Wonder are a lie, tale, fib or some other stretch of the truth.

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: whby05] #1567319 08/01/10 06:29 PM
B
Blast Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: whby05
hey blast did you get my pm? it was the one with all the questions....hahahah

I did my friend, and I am just covered up with my business right now. I will answer all the questions this evening (Sunday 8/01)

Harry

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: duckiller] #1567322 08/01/10 06:31 PM
B
Blast Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
B

The jury is still out on the cost, dont worry about it yet. As far as "what does it include", that is up to you. What is your goal? What do you want to improve on? Where do you want to go with it?

Harry-in short, it can include anything you want it to.

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: 1 Year Wonder] #1567332 08/01/10 06:34 PM
B
Blast Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: 1 Year Wonder

........good question. I need to polish up on my callin and I need a sho-nuff go getter to help me figure out how to call greenheads.

I just can't seem to kill any mallards so this may be right up my alley! up

If you believe your calling is keeping you from killin Mallards that suggest that 1. your seeing Mallards, 2. You have Mallards that work your spread, 3. The Mallards that do work are A. Hard to "close" B. Slowly but surely work in wider and wider circles until they lose interest. C. Suddenly flare off for some un-discovered reason.
So, back at cha. Why do you feel its the calling?

Harry

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: Blast] #1568280 08/02/10 03:06 AM
D
duckiller Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Blast

The jury is still out on the cost, dont worry about it yet. As far as "what does it include", that is up to you. What is your goal? What do you want to improve on? Where do you want to go with it?

I don't need lessons, I was just wondering what the going rate would be.

Say a guy had a brand new yentzen duck call and wanted a 1 hour lesson on how to blow a call...what would you charge him?

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: duckiller] #1571838 08/03/10 04:28 PM
B
Blast Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: Blast

I don't need lessons, I was just wondering what the going rate would be.

Say a guy had a brand new yentzen duck call and wanted a 1 hour lesson on how to blow a call...what would you charge him?

If he had a brand new yentzen, I wouldn't charge him anything as he has some catching up to do and, even though a Yentzen won the World's a long time ago, its going to be a long road to hoe blowing that double or even the newer triple reed call. But since you dont need lessons, why are you curious? I mean, hypothetically?

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: Blast] #1571947 08/03/10 05:07 PM
D
duckiller Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Like I said before, I was just wondering what the going rate would be.

To be honest with you it just kinda suprises me that someone would pay money for a duck call lesson. With all the CD's, and you tube instruction now a days what's the need. Plus just about anybody that sells calls will sit down with you and help you out.

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: duckiller] #1571967 08/03/10 05:15 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Blast Killer is just messing with you. He is gonna be your 1st customer.....

Like Killer said sounds kinda wierd, never even imaged that I would read a post advertising duck calling lessons. But hey maybe you will be make a little extra cash to help you out none of my business.

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: duckiller] #1572020 08/03/10 05:34 PM
B
Blast Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
B
Like I said before, I was just wondering what the going rate would be.

To be honest with you it just kinda suprises me that someone would pay money for a duck call lesson. With all the CD's, and you tube instruction now a days what's the need. Plus just about anybody that sells calls will sit down with you and help you out.

Exactly, I was never charged by my mentors either. This all came about because I am scrambling for cash right now and it was more of a "thinking out loud while I'm typing" moment. I dont think I can charge anything to anybody really. With so much given to me freely, I think the thing to do is pass if forward. I agree with all the available media online it makes for a great library but, what you said in the end is the deal. The feedback is the key. That feedback should come from someone that has an attractive style of calling TO YOU. It seems it should be a program of ATTRACTION rather than promotion.
I am willing to listen to anyone and just be sounding board but to be honest, I am just one guy, one judge, one duck. Just like a bunch of Mallards, they all sound different, and as a bunch working be it a single, a mating pair, or a bunch of green heads what worked on the last bunch may not work on them and some of them wanna hear something different.
Harry

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: ducknbass] #1572027 08/03/10 05:36 PM
B
Blast Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: ducknbass
Blast Killer is just messing with you. He is gonna be your 1st customer.....

Like Killer said sounds kinda wierd, never even imaged that I would read a post advertising duck calling lessons. But hey maybe you will be make a little extra cash to help you out none of my business.

You know like I said above, I dont think I COULD charge anything just because its been so freely given to me. *shruggin* I may not even have what some of these guys would find "good duck callin"
Harry

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: Blast] #1572210 08/03/10 06:50 PM
M
muddyz Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Anyone can listen to a cd, tape or video and try to imitate what they hear. But then you really don't know what you sound like and when it sounds bad, you may not be able to figure out what is wrong.

I know I have never been able to call anything...a turkey or a duck, despite practicing and listening to tapes and vids for hours.

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: muddyz] #1572458 08/03/10 08:13 PM
W
WhiskeyandMe Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: muddyz
Anyone can listen to a cd, tape or video and try to imitate what they hear. But then you really don't know what you sound like and when it sounds bad, you may not be able to figure out what is wrong.

I know I have never been able to call anything...a turkey or a duck, despite practicing and listening to tapes and vids for hours.

Muddyz, I know I am totally hijackin' Harry's thread here...but another guy off the forum is headin' up here tomorrow for me to help him with his calling. You are more than welcome to come up here also, if you want to... (around 4 pm)

Just give me a pm.

J.J.

Looking for a Deer, Dove, Duck, Crow, Goose, Hog, or Turkey Hunt? Check us out! www.kentoutdoors.com

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: WhiskeyandMe] #1573232 08/04/10 01:03 AM
M
muddyz Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Man and I happen to be in town this week and everything. Only problem is I promised my little girl I would take her to the circus and tomorrow night is the time!

JJ you are offering up some really good programs for hunters and I just saw the invite for your January event. If we don't meet up before then I will make that one.

We need a preseason skeet shoot and calling seminar. I guess you did that a couple weeks back though. blush

Re: Duck Calling Lessons in the DFW Area [Re: muddyz] #1573412 08/04/10 02:16 AM
W
WhiskeyandMe Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: muddyz
Man and I happen to be in town this week and everything. Only problem is I promised my little girl I would take her to the circus and tomorrow night is the time!

JJ you are offering up some really good programs for hunters and I just saw the invite for your January event. If we don't meet up before then I will make that one.

We need a preseason skeet shoot and calling seminar. I guess you did that a couple weeks back though. blush

Have fun with your girl at the circus!!! (family is more important anyways!) up

Whenever you want to head up here you are more than welcome!

With everything going on...there is NO WAY I can put together another skeet shoot/calling clinic... loco_too

Holler at me whenever! up

J.J.

Looking for a Deer, Dove, Duck, Crow, Goose, Hog, or Turkey Hunt? Check us out! www.kentoutdoors.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide