Print Thread
Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease #152491 03/01/07 08:07 PM
S
SALTSTORM Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
7000 Ac year around Deer, Turkey, Hog Lease located 15 mi NW of the town of Uvalde has eight spots available. Very nice Camp house accommodations w/water and electricity, full kitchen, full bath, common room, large screened in porch, covered parking large smoker, three bunk rooms and available trailers.

Lots of Deer up to 150 BC class, Outstanding Turkey, and large Feral Hog Population. Ranch under Game Mgmt plan which allows every hunter one mature trophy buck, one cull buck and two does per year. Almost all remaining members protien feed and have incorporated watering stations inside their feed pens which has dramaticly increased size & quantity of deer on lease

22 Hunters total on entire lease when all spots filled, 8 spots available are the result of the removal of an unruly group who began acting as if camp rules did not apply to them.

Ideal candidates will be committed to maintaining functionality of camp house and lease.

4 wheelers are highly recommended as several areas of lease are difficult to access with a truck.

Yearly cost of lease is $1,850/spot w/guest privledges.

I will begin showing lease to interested parties by mid March so PM me if you are interested.

Start Your Six-Figure Storm Claims Career Today!
www.RealityRopeAccess.com
(936) 537-6759
Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: SALTSTORM] #152492 03/02/07 12:08 AM
B
burleson,tx Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
crazyhorseconsulting may be iterested.

Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: burleson,tx] #152493 03/02/07 12:27 AM
K
ksk Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Does the ranch surround Turkey Mountain or near it?Thanks..

Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: ksk] #152494 03/02/07 12:41 AM
D
DTCOOPER Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
By saying year round, I assume it is available for bowhunting as well as rifle hunting? Don't mean to be redundant, just want to clarify..
Daniel

Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: DTCOOPER] #152495 03/02/07 12:15 PM
S
SALTSTORM Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Bowhunting is permitted and I really have no idea where turkey mountain is located. Furthermore I would rather not give out the exact location of ranch on this post as a precautionary measure to protect our camp and gear stored on it.

(936) 537-6759
Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: SALTSTORM] #152496 03/02/07 07:58 PM
S
SALTSTORM Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
ADDITIONAL LEASE DETAILS FROM PM QUESTIONS:

Subject: Re: Lease

Good questions,

To begin with there is no place to fish on this lease, several wells are pumping water at all times for cows and wildlife but that is it. Terrain is rocky and hilly with 1000 ft tall mesas and deep/lush canyons many of whitch are practically inaccessable. Water and electricity are available w/ full functioning bathroom and kitchen and a very nice game cleaning station.

All legal game animals are ok to hunt we do have a good deal of prediters (bobcats) some exotics and the occasional mountain lion sighting.

Cows are the only type of livestock run on property.

Several areas already have blinds and feed pens available and in place, ready to move into and other areas would require a couple of days of work to set up pens, feeders etc as well as some hand clearing.

lease fees are made by paying 1/2 in Feb and 1/2 in Sept.

Guest privilidiges are for a non-hunting guest however, the overwealming majority of the camp seems to believe that a guest that hunts out of their members stand and off of their members deer allowance is acceptable.

We are looking for hunters that will respect the lease, other members and the game that they shoot. To me and several other members, this lease is located on sacred ground because it is where I & others have shot their biggest deer and had some of the best times at. We want people who will contribute to the functionality of the lease, in other words, contribute to improving it and at very least clean up after themselves.

To begin with I will say you are allowed one area where you can put a stand and as many feeders and feed pens and watering stations that you want. Believe me that the work involved in doing this will be enough for the first year, After that I don't believe that putting up a second stand will be met w/any disapproval as long as it is does not interfere w/other hunting areas. There is a large portion of this lease that goes virtually unhunted as many blinds are located fairly close to camphouse.

Every member has the right to decide who they want to have access to their hunting area. I personally share my hunting area with a few others who I know will take care of my blind and feeders in exchange for hunting their areas and taking care of their things. Several other members keep their areas all to themselves and that is perfectly ok.

Overcrowding is not a problem, in fact I have never seen more than 12 hunters at the lease at one time. Approx 6 members of our core group spend less than five days a year total at the lease. 8 of the current members have their own trailers and don't even sleep in the bunk house. The bulk of our members reside in houston.

(936) 537-6759
Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: SALTSTORM] #152497 03/02/07 08:07 PM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Sounds like an excellent deal for the money. You won't hardly find any leases under 2 thousand, and if you do, they won't have all the extras that are listed here. Good luck filling it, hope you get some good guys on here.

I am just curious though, and you may have covered it. Why is there room for 8 hunters???? Sounds like a mass exit of sort.

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: 7mag] #152498 03/02/07 09:05 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Quote:

I am just curious though, and you may have covered it. Why is there room for 8 hunters???? Sounds like a mass exit of sort.

I think he answered that in the original post.

Quote: 22 Hunters total on entire lease when all spots filled, 8 spots available are the result of the removal of an unruly group who began acting as if camp rules did not apply to them.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: Jimbo] #152499 03/03/07 12:57 PM
S
SALTSTORM Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Thanks Jimbo, and let me take the oppertunity to clarify this point to save me and those interested a lot of time and gas money. Deer leases have a strange effect on certain people in the sense that it can turn otherwise decent people into total jerks by simply adding one gun, an unlimited supply of alcohol and 6-7 cronies with simular values. The members that were removed from this particular lease must have grown up with mothers who did not mind picking up after them. Members of our camp are responsible for their garbage by burning it or removing all that they generate from the premises however these people filled 11 55 gallon drums w/ mixed garbage over the course of last deer season and left it for the racoons to spread out all over the yard. Other infractions included no respect for others property, driving into camp w/ loaded weapons pointed at other members, not logging in harvested game, leaving their 6 & 7 year old kids alone and unsupervised in camp while they went hunting etc. etc..

To tell you the truth, I am tired of sharing my lease w/ a handfull of people who are only intrested in what they can take from it. I know that their are real hunters w/redeamable values out there who are looking for and deserve a lease with all that this one has to offer so please do not respond to this ad if you have no desire to contribute to the overall functionallity of lease.

PS For the record, I have no problem w/the responsible use of alcohol. Alcoholism is defined in terms of the negitive behavioral impact it has on the drinker or the lives of those around them.

Last edited by SALTSTORM; 03/03/07 02:34 PM.

(936) 537-6759
Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: SALTSTORM] #152500 03/03/07 01:41 PM
S
SALTSTORM Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Just a few lease pics:
Deer blind on lease for sale

Bobcat and Dbl Bearded turkey taken

Some Deer taken in 03 season

320lb hog & hog dmgd feed pen

(936) 537-6759
Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: SALTSTORM] #152501 03/04/07 05:57 AM
K
Kenith Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
I will call you and see if we can set up something for next weekend to view the place thanks.

Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: SALTSTORM] #152502 03/14/07 08:27 PM
T
Tx_Phantom Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Quote:

driving into camp w/ loaded weapons pointed at other members

DAMN! I would blow a gasket over that!

Tx_Phantom

Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: Tx_Phantom] #152503 03/19/07 12:37 PM
S
SALTSTORM Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Lease has been shown and filled. I received over 100 inquiries about this lease during the first week that it was advertised, would suggest immediate action on any future lease you see posted that you are interested in. A whole lot of competition out there.

(936) 537-6759
Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: SALTSTORM] #152504 03/22/07 01:41 AM
L
lloyd Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
hello i am very interested in your lease and have 2 other friends that i am currently sharing a lease with that are also very interested. all 3 of us are very much into growing mature trophy deer and not having to worry about other hunters shooting deer that we pass on because they should not be harvested. Can you please contact me by e-mail at lchrislip@msn.com so we can coordinate a date and time to see the lease.
thank you in advance. lloyd chrislip

lloyd
Re: Eight spots available on Uvalde Co. Deer lease [Re: SALTSTORM] #152505 03/22/07 02:40 AM
kwrhuntinglab Online Shocked
"The Guardian"
Online Shocked
"The Guardian"
Quote:

Lease has been shown and filled. I received over 100 inquiries about this lease during the first week that it was advertised, would suggest immediate action on any future lease you see posted that you are interested in. A whole lot of competition out there.

Lloyd, you missed the boat..........He posted that he has already filled the lease.....

Spend time with the ones you love. Time is not guaranteed.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide