SpeedBead...What do you think #1516474 07/06/10 07:04 PM
C
cforand1293 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
C
http://www.burrisoptics.com/speedbead.html

Thought it was pretty cool, I think Phil and Jasp are using them in the DC video. Would you use one?

http://www.burrisoptics.com/tv1.html

Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: cforand1293] #1516495 07/06/10 07:17 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
No...

Take the bead off the end of your barrel and practice, in the long run you will be a better shot. Point a shotgun don't aim.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: Judd] #1516503 07/06/10 07:20 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I saw it and it reminded me of the red dot (or whatever they are called) scope on my buddy's AR. I'm a decent shot so I really can't see the need for it....but if someone sucks at shooting I guess it's worth a try.

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: Marcstar] #1516504 07/06/10 07:22 PM
P
perch jerker Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
I would not be caught dead with one of those on my shotgun. If You want to look like a barney go for it.

Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: perch jerker] #1516526 07/06/10 07:34 PM
C
cforand1293 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
C
I think the 250 price tag would keep most people away. Gone without help this long... Would be cool to try one out on someone else's gun..

Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: cforand1293] #1516555 07/06/10 07:51 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
If I got paid to put that thing on my shotgun I would. You kind of have to remember that when watching those hunting shows...they pretty much get sponsored to use everything. I don't blame them...but you just have to keep in mind if they were paying consumers like the rest of it they might not all be using some of that stuff.

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: cforand1293] #1516559 07/06/10 07:53 PM
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
On one hand I could see it helping folks with bad form or that are cross eye dominant (which I am but I was taught to shoot left handed as a kid) to point where they want to.

But on the other hand, it surely won't help correct a bad lead on a target. Only experience can help that.

I think anyone that shoots a lot, bad form or not, could gain a lot more with practice. I guess a combination of a lot of shooting with this sight could help get a newbie on target quicker, but once he has the feel for his shotgun and proper lead it won't do a lot of good. I guess I'm trying to say it could be a good training tool, but not something that you'd rely on in the long run.

Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: Marcstar] #1516583 07/06/10 08:12 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
Originally Posted By: Marcstar
If I got paid to put that thing on my shotgun I would. You kind of have to remember that when watching those hunting shows...they pretty much get sponsored to use everything. I don't blame them...but you just have to keep in mind if they were paying consumers like the rest of it they might not all be using some of that stuff.

good point, the duck commanders shot Browning Golds and wore Mossy Oak before the endorsements from the big money came there way.

and the Flyway Highway guy has one of those contraptions on his shotgun, that's enough reason not to get one right there.

#sigline
Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: LarryCopper] #1516608 07/06/10 08:23 PM
G
Gacman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Reminds me of that "butt-out" tool cabelas sells that removes a deer's anus. You just don't need one of those either. I have a buddy who might benefit from one though, the speadbead that is. Neither one of garrett's eyes are dominant, his lead on target is like watching Jamarcus Russell try to complete a pass (52.1 % completion rate for his short 3 year career), and his reaction time reminds me of watching paint dry during the wintertime. I'm just saying maybe, maybe he could benefit from one. I don't know if he reads these forums but I'll pass the speadbead on to him.

Originally Posted By: LarryCopper
On one hand I could see it helping folks with bad form or that are cross eye dominant (which I am but I was taught to shoot left handed as a kid) to point where they want to.

But on the other hand, it surely won't help correct a bad lead on a target. Only experience can help that.

I think anyone that shoots a lot, bad form or not, could gain a lot more with practice. I guess a combination of a lot of shooting with this sight could help get a newbie on target quicker, but once he has the feel for his shotgun and proper lead it won't do a lot of good. I guess I'm trying to say it could be a good training tool, but not something that you'd rely on in the long run.

Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: Gacman] #1516624 07/06/10 08:30 PM
T
TexasEd Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I would try it if it was free.

But I don't shoot too bad without it.

Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: TexasEd] #1516632 07/06/10 08:35 PM
T
Trigger27 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Friend of mine put it on his shotgun last year and he claimed that it really helped him. But, if I remember correctly, I think he said it wasn't very durable.

50 Days Till Dove Season!!!
Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: Gacman] #1516656 07/06/10 08:44 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: gacman
Reminds me of that "butt-out" tool cabelas sells that removes a deer's anus. You just don't need one of those either. I have a buddy who might benefit from one though, the speadbead that is. Neither one of garrett's eyes are dominant, his lead on target is like watching Jamarcus Russell try to complete a pass (52.1 % completion rate for his short 3 year career), and his reaction time reminds me of watching paint dry during the wintertime. I'm just saying maybe, maybe he could benefit from one. I don't know if he reads these forums but I'll pass the speadbead on to him.

thanks for reminding to click the "ignore user" button

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: #Hayraker] #1516674 07/06/10 08:50 PM
C
cforand1293 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Hayraker
Originally Posted By: Marcstar

good point, the duck commanders shot Browning Golds and wore Mossy Oak before the endorsements from the big money came there way.

and the Flyway Highway guy has one of those contraptions on his shotgun, that's enough reason not to get one right there.

amen

Re: SpeedBead...What do you think [Re: garrett] #1516685 07/06/10 08:58 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted By: gr_elliott
Originally Posted By: gacman

thanks for reminding to click the "ignore user" button

rofl

Y'all crack me up, that was FUNNY!

I should probably amend my last post, it could help a cross eye dominant issue but the biggest help to them is going to be to switch shoulders. Those with center dominance are just cursed, I feel sorry for them.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide