Print Thread
Jim Zumbo's blog #149150 02/18/07 07:38 AM
C
Cruz Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
C
Check out his blog and the comments he gets. http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/
IMO he deserves what he gets.

Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: Cruz] #149151 02/18/07 10:27 AM
S
Sethfish Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
The beautiful thing about freedom of speech is everyone is entitled to express their opinions. That is why we have the "election process" so that in most cases the popular opinion of all participants will prevail.
It is my opinion that black panthers are alive and well, some don't believe that, but I do.

Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: Sethfish] #149152 02/18/07 12:54 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I agree with Sethfish and the "election process" giving voice to the majority. In reading thru the first 50 or so blog comments I was amused by the unrelenting negative references to a politician who's presidential campaign is known for a comment made periodically ... " there are no do overs in life ... you have to take responsibility for your actions..." It will be interesting to see how THAT plays out in a court of not just public opinion in the form of Votes...but in a Court of Law with the current office holders, lobbyists, influence peddlars and supplicants.

Sunshine and transparency in government is the greatest source of truth and honesty I know of...blind unquestioning advocacy is NOT, at any level of public discourse or in government from Federal, State or County levels.

Case in point ...Dallas County is going to be paying an as yet unknown price for having the largest number of DNA based capital case convictions being over turned by any County in the USA ...and more such cases over turned than all but two States...and yet under the previous District Attorney still had denied access to over 4-500 cases to even be examined that have had requests under the 2001 revision of the Law. Why? 'cause according to one comment in yesterdays Dallas Morning News that really knaws at me..."cause it wouldn't be a popular thing to do with the other Counties District Attorney's and Police Chief's".

So rather than let the sunshine in and either confirm the rightous conviction, or release the innocent, it is more important to maintain the Dallas County's District Attorneys office "Popularity"??? BSBSBSBS and a prime example of the "blind advocacy from the self annoited being exercised on a local level IMO...YMMV though depending on your understanding of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights...or personal agenda.

I do believe that Mr Zumbo has overstepped his legacy and will fade from sight given this public statement. To paraphrase ..."every man is created equal under the Law" and 2nd Amendement to the Constitution is the basis for "the right to bear Arms" is the Law and I doubt any Political Party has the willingness, stupidity, ability or where withal to change the 2nd Amendment...but that my own opinion.

In the near future we will have the opportunity to choose another national leader, as well as some of the state and county level leaders who more affect out daily lives than whoever sits in the "magic chair". I will be weighing the pros & cons of each candidate based on a total picture and Vote my as much as possible Educated Opinions... not just some fractured self serving sgenda promoted by the self annointed. All of this is just to say ...if you don't VOTE ...shaddup and go along with the rest of the sheep.

It seems to me that too many "do overs" have been given to the annointed few who's agendas are never to be questioned ....and why I have the signature line in my posts that I do.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 02/18/07 01:48 PM.

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: WileyCoyote] #149153 02/18/07 01:54 PM
S
Sethfish Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Next time you should go into a little more detail to back up your opinions. I agree totally, the people who usually complain the most are the ones who give the least amount of effort to actually changing things, this is the government's fault, well guess what they were elected. I salute you WC, you speak the truth.

Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: WileyCoyote] #149154 02/18/07 01:55 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Mr. Zumbo's been watching too many war movies, and watching too much CNN.

Brain washed by the anti hunter, anti gun crowd.

As far as the evil rifle not belonging in the woods. I love to have my SKS semi-auto ten round knockaround rifle that's cheap and shoots cheap ammo, with me when I'm out and about in the woods filling feeders and maybe doing some fence work and just walking around. It gets abused more than I'd want to treat my hunting rifles, and believe it or not most of the time it doesn't get fired. Haven't terrorized any of the neighbors with it yet either.

WC: Good post, but the problem I have with these politicians these days is once they get elected they do as they please, cave into the power groups with the big money, and to **** with the platform they ran on.

Last edited by Jimbo; 02/18/07 02:03 PM.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: Jimbo] #149155 02/18/07 01:58 PM
S
Sethfish Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

we have a post going with total agreement, let's put up the high fence right now.

Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: Sethfish] #149156 02/19/07 04:08 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Looks like one of his sponsers has already cut their ties with him. His freedom of speech rights are the same as ours but they are going to cost him. See the link below.

Remington web site

MC

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: WileyCoyote] #149157 02/19/07 04:28 PM
J
JBCooper Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Great post Ron!

I still find it funny how many of the voting public are oblivious to how politics work. Every branch of government from national (president) on down, are prime examples of the "good 'ole boy" system. Unfortunately, all we can do is keep a close eye on candidates, and most times, we are forced to pick the lesser of two evils. Like you said, those who vote at least get the comfort of knowing they did their part to stand for, or against, any matter they so choose.

Jim Zumbo will soon enter the realm of "obscurity" and "has-beens." That is of course, unless he joins the other side, which will in turn, try to make him the voice of gun control.

Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: MikeC] #149158 02/19/07 04:49 PM
S
SwaggerFan Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither...
Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: MikeC] #149159 02/19/07 08:05 PM
G
grm Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Good for Remington, perfect excuse to go buy a new rifle and shotgun (Remington).

Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: grm] #149160 02/19/07 08:17 PM
J
JBCooper Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
I speak only for myself but it does my heart good to see Remington and Outdoorlife.com respond with such speed. That tells me that they're at least concerned with public opinion. Allbeit the power of the dollar and loss of revenue. Never the less, I'm glad to see them take action so quickly....even if it is "damage control."

Re: Jim Zumbo's blog *DELETED* [Re: JBCooper] #149161 02/19/07 09:51 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Post deleted by Sniper John

Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: Sniper John] #149162 02/19/07 10:26 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
That's what you call a bad day at the office.

Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: Guy] #149163 02/20/07 12:04 AM
cbump Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
outdoor life took down the blog...i didn't even get to see what he said!

Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: Guy] #149164 02/20/07 12:16 AM
J
jsoukup Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Holy cow! I missed what he said on the blog. I get the jist of it though. I can't believe Remington dumped him, yet again, I can believe it.

I watch Zumbo's TV shows and he's always hunting with that lady from Remington. Linda something... they seem like they might be a little more than hunting partners, but that's merely a casual observation. But if they are, talk about a damper on your sex life.

Too bad though. I like(d) Zumbo. His was one of the few shows I watched with regularity. I applaud Remington in these days of politcal correctness. I'm proud to shoot their guns and ammunition.

Hmmm... so who's left to watch... Jim Shockey. I love his show but he's a canadian. Nugent. I love Nugent, but he is a crazy SOB. I still love him.

Shoot straight and always carry a 7mm Remington Magnum.
Re: Jim Zumbo's blog [Re: Cruz] #149165 02/20/07 02:39 AM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Zumbo bit the bullet Oh well let your arse overrunth your brain, and all is history

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide