Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: 8Point] #1389710 04/26/10 12:32 PM
C
ccbaseball Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
my uncle bought the Stealth Sniper IR, the day time pics are awesome but the IR range is below average and not worth the money in my opinion. No malfunctions or problems besides short range on the IR. I just exchanged my new cuddeback capture(battery drainage issues) for the SNIPER PRO(flash) and a 12 volt adapter. I will see how this works, but I am hoping/guessing the camera will take good night time pics.

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: ccbaseball] #1390595 04/26/10 07:20 PM
C
CFR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
I've had a couple of Stealth Cams for a few years and hate them both. I finally quit putting them out this past year. I figured I'd just let the deer surprise me when they stepped out. I did not miss the cameras and don't plan on using them this year. I might feel differently if I bought some newer ones, but I have had such bad luck with the ones I have that I can't bring myself to try another one.

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: CFR] #1390616 04/26/10 07:33 PM
C
ccbaseball Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
no issues with my uncles sniper IR(except Ir pics are less then desirable) but thats with most irs. It runs smoothly and has had no problems. he also has AN OLD STEALTH that is the best camera I have seen. think its the I1590 I think. Awesome flash night time pics and lasts forever w 12v adapter.

Those are the only things I know about the 2 Stealths we have. I will test out my sniper pro in next couple weeks. Thank God Bass pro backs their electronics for 60 days.

Last edited by ccbaseball; 04/26/10 07:34 PM.
Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: ccbaseball] #1407473 05/05/10 02:57 PM
S
slpybeartx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
been on chasinggame.com for a long time. Fantastic resource.

I run Moultrie I40s. Straight batteries we get 3 months out of it. But, we bought the Moultrie Solar Panel last year and never changed batteries all season.

It is an IR camera setup 25 feet from the feeder. Superb camera for less than $200. Great night pictures and stunning color pics. The only knock about it has been that camera tends to be very sensitive to lowlight conditions... so lots of early morning late eveing pics are in IR, not color.

Previous cam was a Moultrie white flash... (D40?) and it was a piece.

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: slpybeartx] #1408161 05/05/10 07:06 PM
C
ccbaseball Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
my new sniper pro takes good pics but I might be worried about the trigger speed as of the 15 pics I had of deer 5-6 were barely caught in the pic, I will post updates.

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: oulufinn] #1410477 05/06/10 09:40 PM
K
Koolhandthehuntingman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
moutrie has a nice featured camera - they just can't build a good display - i am constantly switching them out!

If you are going to do it, give it your best!
Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: Koolhandthehuntingman] #1412913 05/08/10 04:17 AM
T
TreeBass Offline
Old Weller
Old Weller
T
I'm happy with the wildgame cams, cheap, take a great pic as well. Whatever you do, go solar

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others...

Like the THF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
Grizzly Coolers
Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: TreeBass] #1413072 05/08/10 12:46 PM
G
GLC Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Originally Posted By: TreeBass
I'm happy with the wildgame cams, cheap, take a great pic as well. Whatever you do, go solar

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: Koolhandthehuntingman] #1416280 05/10/10 05:13 PM
S
slpybeartx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: Koolhandthehuntingman
moutrie has a nice featured camera - they just can't build a good display - i am constantly switching them out!

There is a guy on the chasing game forums that has made quite a bit of money repairing these displays... the newer cameras are good to go... older ones will have a problem eventually.

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: 8Point] #1462348 06/04/10 03:20 AM
J
jacobo Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
My wildgame innovations 4.0 ir has not let me down yet. The batteries lasted about 5-6 months. The night pictures decrease in integrity though as the batteries start taking a dump.

Jacob's Euros
see my ad at the link below

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2822189#Post2822189

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: jacobo] #1464580 06/05/10 04:05 AM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
My experience with game cameras have been a big let down.

I've tried them over the years and found that the cheap ones are really a waste of money and time and the expensive ones will eventually end up like the cheap ones in a shorter time than you would expect.

Also the biggest let down is you get some huge bucks that show up on camera never to be seen in the stand, and vise versa.

Some bucks are camera shy and you'll end up seeing them and never once saw them on camera.

I finally about three years ago gave up on putting cameras out, and just depend on regular scouting and actual sighting of the deer to determine what's in the area.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: Jimbo] #1464694 06/05/10 06:23 AM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: Jimbo
My experience with game cameras have been a big let down.

I've tried them over the years and found that the cheap ones are really a waste of money and time and the expensive ones will eventually end up like the cheap ones in a shorter time than you would expect.

Also the biggest let down is you get some huge bucks that show up on camera never to be seen in the stand, and vise versa.

Some bucks are camera shy and you'll end up seeing them and never once saw them on camera.

I finally about three years ago gave up on putting cameras out, and just depend on regular scouting and actual sighting of the deer to determine what's in the area.

Have you tried a buckeye? If so you are the first person I have ever heard to be unsatisfied with one.

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: helomech] #1464752 06/05/10 12:00 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
I have had good luck with the moultries up until about the last 1 1/2 years. I've gone through 3 different IR 4.0 as the LCDs DO NOT LAST. I only have one out right now and just checked it this past weekend and now it has a line out on the screen. They are wonderful on batteries, have a decent trigger, and take very nice quality pics but the LCD problems are a big PITA!

I have one 3.0IR Cuddeback and it also gave me major fits with eating batteries. Here is a link on this forum you can read all about that. http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...Y_P#Post1065840 After dealing with the Pizz Pour customer service they ended up sending me somebody else's used camera and it seems to be taking a few more pics then the original one but still IMO, not near enough (400 or so)!

The one I like the best right now is the Bushnell Trophy Cam. It takes great daytime pics, decent night (a little weak on the IR), has a good trigger, and great battery life (around 2,500 with 8 AA). Here's the link to that thread http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1213856/BUSHNELL_TROPHY_CAM#Post1213856

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: Chuck McDonald] #1464792 06/05/10 01:20 PM
R
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
GO on ebay and see if you can find the same stealth model on sale. That is what I recently did.

DUH ! I wish I'd thought of that years ago! I look at all kinds of stuff on Ebay and NEVER thought of looking for game cams. I'll say it again... DUH!

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.
Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: RICK O'SHAY] #1464824 06/05/10 01:54 PM
C
Chuck McDonald Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Yeah there are some really good older models still out there just have to hunt for them. I am partial to the Stelth WD2 and WD3 and if mine would ever die I would buy replacements on Ebay if I could find them.

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: Chuck McDonald] #1465052 06/05/10 05:24 PM
R
retrieverman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Though I now have several, I still using the first digital Camtrakker that I bought new in 2003. The picture quality is superb too.

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: retrieverman] #1466009 06/06/10 05:23 PM
R
Ranger Man Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Bought a Cabelas (Moultrie) Spy I50 on ebay NIB in 2008 and it has produced several thousand pics and streams of video. It endured the extreme heat we had last year in Central Texas. Good battery life and display sound - accurate on time.

Also have 3 Moultrie D40's over 4 years old. They take great pictures but battery life sucks and setup display fades in and out with temperature extremes. Forget using date and time.

�Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.�
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: Ranger Man] #1466083 06/06/10 07:09 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
I had this posted in another section, but has only had 37 views, so I thought I'd bring it over here since this topic was ongoing.

I tried a search but came up short. I am investigating the different cellular trail cams out there and I am interested to see if any of you have any good or bad experiences with their use.

I own some very rural property that is a significant distance away from where I live and the shop has been broken into twice. My property is my family's future retirement home but we haven't built there yet. The previous owner built a metal building and that is all that's there, and it's what I am trying to protect as it has been broken into twice. I have electricity, but it will not be turned on due to our not being there the majority of the time.

Whatever I use must be battery powered and cellular as there is pretty good signal out there. I'd like a cam that will send me pics (email/text, etc.) of the bad guys, even if they steal or destroy the camera on-site. Moultrie's system seems to be the most promising and economical so far.

I can Google and learn of the various companies and products, but I am more interested in personal experiences.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you could provide in helping me catch these low lifes.

[Linked Image]
Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: Jimbo] #1466253 06/06/10 08:54 PM
T
TexasDefender Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Jimbo

If you quit using cams 3 years ago, you've missed a lot. Camera technology has increased tremendously. Cameras provide 24/7 monitoring which offers something "regular" scouting never can.

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: kry226] #1466259 06/06/10 08:57 PM
T
TexasDefender Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: kry226
I had this posted in another section, but has only had 37 views, so I thought I'd bring it over here since this topic was ongoing.

I tried a search but came up short. I am investigating the different cellular trail cams out there and I am interested to see if any of you have any good or bad experiences with their use.

I own some very rural property that is a significant distance away from where I live and the shop has been broken into twice. My property is my family's future retirement home but we haven't built there yet. The previous owner built a metal building and that is all that's there, and it's what I am trying to protect as it has been broken into twice. I have electricity, but it will not be turned on due to our not being there the majority of the time.

Whatever I use must be battery powered and cellular as there is pretty good signal out there. I'd like a cam that will send me pics (email/text, etc.) of the bad guys, even if they steal or destroy the camera on-site. Moultrie's system seems to be the most promising and economical so far.

I can Google and learn of the various companies and products, but I am more interested in personal experiences.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you could provide in helping me catch these low lifes.

I have 4 years experience with the buckeye wireless systems and they are the best on the market...the price reflects that. They can work on your "own grid" or you can use a cell base and transmit the pictures to the internet that way.

Check out www.buckeyecam.com and my site http://www.dfwheavydutyparts.com/camerasystems.aspx

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: TexasDefender] #1466905 06/07/10 01:00 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted By: TexasDefender
Originally Posted By: kry226

I have 4 years experience with the buckeye wireless systems and they are the best on the market...the price reflects that. They can work on your "own grid" or you can use a cell base and transmit the pictures to the internet that way.

Check out www.buckeyecam.com and my site http://www.dfwheavydutyparts.com/camerasystems.aspx

I appreciate the BuckEye suggestion, and I know they're arguably the best, but they're just cost-prohibitive right now. I don't live on this land yet and $2K, plus ancillary costs, will go a long way on insurance premiums and replacing what little I have in the shop. Additionally, I'd probably have a hormonal disturbance if the BG's decided to destroy my BuckEye. Thanks again, but it's just out of my league right now.

[Linked Image]
Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #1467220 06/07/10 03:43 PM
S
slpybeartx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS
I have had good luck with the moultries up until about the last 1 1/2 years. I've gone through 3 different IR 4.0 as the LCDs DO NOT LAST. I only have one out right now and just checked it this past weekend and now it has a line out on the screen. They are wonderful on batteries, have a decent trigger, and take very nice quality pics but the LCD problems are a big PITA!

I have one 3.0IR Cuddeback and it also gave me major fits with eating batteries. Here is a link on this forum you can read all about that. http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...Y_P#Post1065840 After dealing with the Pizz Pour customer service they ended up sending me somebody else's used camera and it seems to be taking a few more pics then the original one but still IMO, not near enough (400 or so)!

The one I like the best right now is the Bushnell Trophy Cam. It takes great daytime pics, decent night (a little weak on the IR), has a good trigger, and great battery life (around 2,500 with 8 AA). Here's the link to that thread http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1213856/BUSHNELL_TROPHY_CAM#Post1213856

Let me know if you need help on the LCD displays... I replaced mine and corrected the problem that was causing them to go bad. I learned how to do this on the chasinggame.com forums.

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: slpybeartx] #3408293 07/25/12 12:45 PM
R
RobD Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Reviving this thread to see if anyone has a working cell phone trail camera up and running today. Spring 2012 seems to have added a lot of new and improved cell phone cameras to the market. If you have one please post sample pics/reviews here. I'm looking at the MG582 if anyone can share real life experience...

http://r.ebay.com/L7rSpQ

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: RobD] #3408864 07/25/12 03:31 PM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: RobD
Reviving this thread to see if anyone has a working cell phone trail camera up and running today. Spring 2012 seems to have added a lot of new and improved cell phone cameras to the market. If you have one please post sample pics/reviews here. I'm looking at the MG582 if anyone can share real life experience...

http://r.ebay.com/L7rSpQ

I'm starting to become a cellular game cam expert or I will be in another year or two when I've tried all of them. laugh

Does the MG582 have a portal site you can view your photos and update account info & configs? that's the only thing I don't see.

Moultrie GMS - run, run away fast! they would be tolerable if customer service was adequate. too many people with too many Moultrie problems and customer service can't do much even if you get though after hour wait.

Smart Scouter - using this system right now, I like system, reliable and great customer service, only downfall system is so bulky and becoming outdated.

BuckEye - they have a great new compact cellular camera, I will try this one next.

Re: Game Camera Experiences [Re: Rob Lay] #3408906 07/25/12 03:40 PM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I just talked to BuckEye, I'm liking the sounds of it, but since I just got the Smart Scouter a few months ago I'm going to hold off (the X7D wasn't shipping 3-4 months ago).

X7D - $700 each, but nice small compact camera.

cell base - $1,3000 each, but just need one you can connect 250 cameras. they suggest Verizon, but in my land area AT&T is best and they only offer 1 Gb plan.

solar power - X7D does have connection for solar power.

Buckeye is the most expensive system on market right now, but I think the best.

anyone have reliability problems with Buckeye?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide