Forums46
Topics538,305
Posts9,735,554
Members87,078
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: New idea to control the hog poulation!!! [Re: don k] #1341417 04/01/10 12:59 AM
B
bearman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Well around here in southern arkansas we have a bad case of them to. But some of the problem is u have hunters who catch them on someones land an they turn around relocate them down the road on someones else land that doesnt help either.

Lets face it hogs r like fireants once they get started its almost impossible to get rid of them. But me i am all for WPI Fund boys. I know u Texas boys have a serious problem with those suckers but as fast as they multiply i dont c how they could ever b wiped out. It would in opinion take a full fleged task force of hunters from all the states that were just mentioned above to form some kind of alliance an work together as one but still i dont know if that would work. But it would b fun as hell tryin. Cause i have come across some serious hog haters on this form as well as hog slayers so i no u Texas boys no how to getter done.

Re: New idea to control the hog poulation!!! [Re: Woods Plumber] #1341421 04/01/10 01:03 AM
D
deewayne2003 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Well if they were brought in from other states for the bounty your still taking hogs out of the equation; and as for the internal tag scheme....they would be breaking their own laws by releaseing swine for sporting purposes.

Also as for the big price tag of bounties if they are issued....It is estimated that every feral hog will do on average $1,500.00 of damage to farm land in its life time...Property devalued = less tax revenue for the state on property values.

Last edited by deewayne2003; 04/01/10 01:06 AM.
Re: New idea to control the hog poulation!!! [Re: deewayne2003] #1341428 04/01/10 01:10 AM
P
powerstroke Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
I could go with the FEMA trailers

Re: New idea to control the hog poulation!!! [Re: deewayne2003] #1341670 04/01/10 03:08 AM
W
Woods Plumber Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
W
Originally Posted By: deewayne2003
Well if they were brought in from other states for the bounty your still taking hogs out of the equation; and as for the internal tag scheme....they would be breaking their own laws by releaseing swine for sporting purposes.

Also as for the big price tag of bounties if they are issued....It is estimated that every feral hog will do on average $1,500.00 of damage to farm land in its life time...Property devalued = less tax revenue for the state on property values.

I agree the only good hog is a dead one, but this would burn up the money. Hogs can breed faster than Obammyy can print money.
They would have to make an exception for the releasing the tagged ones. It would be no different than when they shock up fish for a fish count. You do it and you go under the jail.
The only people that would be against this would be the hog dog runners. They like the more the better system. ( most of em anyway )

Re: New idea to control the hog poulation!!! [Re: don k] #1341697 04/01/10 03:19 AM
B
BAR940 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Why would anyone really need any incentive to kill a hog? They are nothing but an annoyance and a nuisance. A plague. Kill em all...buzzards and yotes have to eat as well.

Oathkeepers.org

28th State Militia
www.28thstatemilitia.com
Montague County 337th Jim Bowie Militia III%
Re: New idea to control the hog poulation!!! [Re: Woods Plumber] #1342988 04/01/10 09:34 PM
D
deerslayer78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Well the whole tag thing is kinda like the "Crappiethon", where you catch Crappie and hope there is a tag protruding from him to collect big$$$. I for one think that people just need to take appropriate measures to control the hogs on their property as far as crop concerns go. The rest is up to us (the general public) to weed out the hogs as needed. Many people around my area hunt hogs with dogs and on horse back already and most landowners will gladly let you come take em out if they are ready to have something done about them. You can't blame the state agencies for not wanting to invest money into hog removal when it is just like a merry go round, they will keep popping up and continue to breed and eventually outsmart even the best of hunters, lol. I say just take out as many as you can and go from there....

You Only Fail If You Never Try!!!
Re: New idea to control the hog poulation!!! [Re: deerslayer78] #1343926 04/02/10 12:55 PM
W
Woods Plumber Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
W
Originally Posted By: deerslayer78
Well the whole tag thing is kinda like the "Crappiethon", where you catch Crappie and hope there is a tag protruding from him to collect big$$$. I for one think that people just need to take appropriate measures to control the hogs on their property as far as crop concerns go. The rest is up to us (the general public) to weed out the hogs as needed. Many people around my area hunt hogs with dogs and on horse back already and most landowners will gladly let you come take em out if they are ready to have something done about them. You can't blame the state agencies for not wanting to invest money into hog removal when it is just like a merry go round, they will keep popping up and continue to breed and eventually outsmart even the best of hunters, lol. I say just take out as many as you can and go from there....

I agree with you we all need to take out as many as we can , but that is still not enough. Our hogs on my lease went nocturnal this past year and would not even come to corn feeders until after dark. Last year I killed around 12 this year zero. Its gonna take something like what I am suggesting to get people to really hunt and trap them hard enough to turn the corner on the dang things.

Re: New idea to control the hog poulation!!! [Re: don k] #1345453 04/03/10 05:10 AM
T
Tactical_Smurf Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Bounties cost to much, I can't remember which county it was but I think it was Anderson or Henderson here in ETEX got a grant to do this they offered 7 dollars per tail. In under 3 months they spent the 10K grant.

Certified Glock Armorer - Because my Sig Sauers Don't Fail.
"We are prepared to give all of our Tomorrows, for a single child's Today" - Kidnap Rescue Operator
Re: New idea to control the hog poulation!!! [Re: Tactical_Smurf] #1345465 04/03/10 05:43 AM
W
Woods Plumber Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
W
Originally Posted By: Psychosmurf
Bounties cost to much, I can't remember which county it was but I think it was Anderson or Henderson here in ETEX got a grant to do this they offered 7 dollars per tail. In under 3 months they spent the 10K grant.

I bet only 1/2 came from that county and no telling how many cut the tails off and then let them go ???

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide