Print Thread
Attention #132298 01/13/07 02:42 AM
D
dannylilly Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
There is news on aol that they are voteing to stop coyote hunting contest. If you like to do that sort of thing then check it out under coyote killing contest howling promt, and vote. JMO

Re: Attention [Re: dannylilly] #132299 01/13/07 02:46 AM
S
SaginawHunter Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Look in the open hunting section there is a thread on this

Re: Attention [Re: dannylilly] #132300 01/13/07 02:49 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Relax, they are not voting to stop the hunt, they(AOL), is taking a poll on how many people are against such a hunt and how many folks support such a hunt.

Re: Attention [Re: Crazyhorse] #132301 01/13/07 03:33 AM
D
dannylilly Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
crazyhorse, isnt that more fuel to the fire? Thats where it starts, before you know it, they will be trying to ban it other places, if given a chance. I just thought I would give a heads up on the matter. I seen it and thought, better share it with fellows who are in those contest.

Re: Attention [Re: dannylilly] #132302 01/13/07 04:56 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Whether it is more fuel to the fire or not, it isn't going to matter. Hunting, as we know it today, is headed for extinction. There is nothing we can do, even if all licensed hunters and their families agrred and voted as a block, to stop what is going to happen over the next 10 to 15 years.

People don't like to or don't want to hear the doom and gloom of the furture, but if all of us will stop for just a few minutes and take a really good luck at the state of things, it is plainly apparent.

We can't just stop and look at what is going on in our little corner of life and say everything is okay. We are part of a whole, and the attitudes and social acceptance of hunting in general for the public, nationwide has changed.

I feel that those of us in our 50's and older may not live to see it, but I think the younger folks 30's and younger, will see hunting either die or be reduced to the way it is in Europe and England, here in the U.S..

Unless something really drastic changes to our economy, prices for hunting anything are going to continue to rise. An expanding population in the U.S., both from the birth rate and immigration, is going to use up more and more of the available open land. Fuel prices are going to continue to increase. Our children are being taught, albeit subliminally in most cases, from pre-school, that hunting is wrong. More and more people are moving from rural areas into the cities, they are getting away from the land, and the people that are now buying that land are doing so for their own use, taking it out of the system completely.

I know that a lot of folks on here do not like it when I start talking about this stuff, and for the life of me I can not figure out if they think that if they ignore the problems they will go away, or they see the problems, but just do not want to admit that they are there and nothing can be done to stop it.

I will hunt as long as I am able. My sincere hope is that our future generations would be able to do the same, I just have my doubts about the future.

Re: Attention [Re: Crazyhorse] #132303 01/14/07 03:38 AM
B
biz Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
i agree totaly chc,not to mention that china is gona own us.....

PULL the TRIGGER, SHOOT to KILL!!!
Re: Attention [Re: biz] #132304 01/14/07 03:41 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Hunting will not change for me in 10 to 15 years. Sorry. I know too many people and places to hunt... Maybe for some who let it, but not all it won't change. Sorry that is my belief and it won't change.... Only way it has changed in the past 10 years is it has cost more but so have my salary increased and land increased. And so have most hunting opportunities increased with better game! I say bring it on. I can now hunt Dallas county for dove and in the past I could not. Now tell me how that happened?

Re: Attention [Re: Txduckman] #132305 01/14/07 06:15 AM
S
scruboak Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
I know ,Ignore it scrub is saying it , But Im gonna say it anyway, AOL is anti and has been forever and you would be suprised how many hunting people still subscribe to there service.netscape is AOL also, Ban them from your check book .They fired a group of guys a few years back for going to a gun range on there lunch hour.If an establisment is against hunting or guns we as hunters and outdoorsmen should send them a message but we dont .No smiley here.I think as far as land goes here in the state of texas is is being subdivided down and then down again till we have the discussions about the bastard with a blind on a fence line more and more and the other landowner has a blind close or on the fence also.My example is one I know of out here where I live .The guy wanted 200 acres and bought 400 sold the other 200 in 3 plots , thus 3 wars going on .Where I went in ohio to hunt a few yrs back, all there land has passed down and been sold till most of it is 100 acre squares.So more fueds are gonna equal what someone keeps saying and I dont think its a doom and gloom reality check I believe it to be fact ,you see hints of it everyday right here on this board.Everyone wants to get the law involved instead of going over and shaking hands and finding out what the real deal is.While Im on the subject a land owner pays taxes and some pay more than others but we should all respect our neighbors till we know what the real deal is.The guy that owned the land before you may have been a real wart on a hogs tail to deal with.Land changes hands like the weather in tx changes today.Play nice your neighbor may save your life one of these days.

-----------------------
www.facebook.com/RoadsideBBQAndMore
Re: Attention [Re: scruboak] #132306 01/16/07 03:53 AM
B
bayourat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
You have to remeber AOL is owned by Time Warner, they have given Millions of dollars to HCI and other gun control groups for years. If you have AOL or Warner cable finding another IPS or cable provider you wouldn't be funding the enemy. The NRA used to have a list of companies that donated to gun control groups and anti-hunting organizations. Might be worth a look to see if I can find that and post it on here.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide