Forums46
Topics538,950
Posts9,743,363
Members87,130
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: HWY_MAN] #120814 12/12/06 07:58 PM
R
RonKaye Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I used to use the "but the other kids are doing it" defense, too.

Seriously, it boils down to different opinions. You can hunt with all the blind folks you want, but I just don't think it makes good sense, and cannot support laws that allow it.

Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: RonKaye] #120815 12/12/06 08:57 PM
P
PHishTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Quote:

You want politically incorrect? I'll give you politically incorrect. .....

I hope a blind guy doesn't read that.

Phish-TX

On edit: added quote.

Last edited by PHishTX; 12/12/06 08:58 PM.

Originally Posted By: WMI report
"If age structure is deemed to be valuable to management,...What percentage change in age structure or condition does TPWD recognize that it needs to detect in order to trigger a regulatory change?

confused2TPWDconfused2
Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: HWY_MAN] #120816 12/12/06 09:21 PM
R
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
COOL!!! I ALMOST ALWAYS HUNT FROM A BLIND,A LASER WOULD BE GREAT!

NO SERIOUSLY... PROBABLY NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE WOULD DO IT AT ALL.
I'M TRYING TO PUT MYSELF IN A BLIND PERSONS SHOES AND SEE IF I WOULD GET ANYTHING FROM IT...I THINK I WOULD TO SOME DEGREE, JUST KNOWING THAT I WOULD GET TO DO ONE OF THE THINGS I LOVE MOST A FEW MORE TIMES WOULD MAKE ME FEEL BETTER AT LEAST FOR THE MOMENT.

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.
Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: PHishTX] #120817 12/12/06 09:22 PM
D
DoNisUglyFat Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
you can probably barely support your habit.Is anyone against "Blind kids playing baseball with the beeping balls" they may hit the other kids in the head with the bat?

Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: DoNisUglyFat] #120818 12/12/06 10:27 PM
P
PHishTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
?????

"If age structure is deemed to be valuable to management,...What percentage change in age structure or condition does TPWD recognize that it needs to detect in order to trigger a regulatory change?

confused2TPWDconfused2
Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: PHishTX] #120819 12/13/06 11:51 AM
HighTechRedneck Offline
redman
redman
OK, let's not start the bashing. If you can't have a discussion on a topic with out starting the bashing and rude remarks then this thread will be deleted. Agree, disagree all you want but keep it civil.

VEGETARIAN,
an old Indian word for
Poor Hunter!
www.teamredneck.net
www.vaportrailscents.com
Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: HighTechRedneck] #120820 12/13/06 01:21 PM
P
PHishTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P

Phish

confused2TPWDconfused2
Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: HighTechRedneck] #120821 12/13/06 01:25 PM
B
BuckMark Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Wow...I am really suprised by a lot of the opinions about this topic....but, everyone is entitled to one. I don't see (no pun intended) a problem with this at all. It's not like people are not doing this already. Why shouldn't someone with a sight disability be able to enjoy the outdoors and hunt under the proposed ideas. As far as the "can't picture what is going on and they don't have a base reference for what the grass looks like or what a deer looks like"....are you kidding me. I think blind people are able to use their imagination and come up with what a deer looks like. I like the idea and think it will bring some smiles to a lot of people.

Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: BuckMark] #120822 12/13/06 01:57 PM
D
DoNisUglyFat Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Quote:

Wow...I am really suprised by a lot of the opinions about this topic....but, everyone is entitled to one. I don't see (no pun intended) a problem with this at all. It's not like people are not doing this already. Why shouldn't someone with a sight disability be able to enjoy the outdoors and hunt under the proposed ideas. As far as the "can't picture what is going on and they don't have a base reference for what the grass looks like or what a deer looks like"....are you kidding me. I think blind people are able to use their imagination and come up with what a deer looks like. I like the idea and think it will bring some smiles to a lot of people.

I have the same instincts as you on this one it would seem. The more they come in contact with each and every thing the more familiar it becomes.The same as a sighted person.How could anyone look at themselves in a mirror and think"wow you should only be able to hunt if you can see "ME" in the mirror? It would be so fitting if they would only get a chance at it.....I have lost my sight in my right eye due to the brain tumor/cyst I have been diagnosed with and that is my prevailant eye along with the hearing in my right ear.I can imagine what life will be like without sight and I don't see how anyone could want to keep another American citizen from enjoying the outdoors with such a selfish attitude.I can't wait for the GTG I really REALLY want to meet these fine folks now!!!!

Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: DoNisUglyFat] #120823 12/13/06 03:04 PM
R
RonKaye Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
"I don't see how anyone could want to keep another American citizen from enjoying the outdoors with such a selfish attitude."

And what about the sense of exhilaration one gets from driving a high-performance automobile or motorcycle? Is it also selfish to deny blind individuals the opportunity to taste that thrill on public roads? While there may not have been serious accidents involving blind hunters so far (and I really wonder at the accuracy of that contention), perhaps that is because most blind people have enough sense to realize that they lack the basic faculties necessary for the responsible use of firearms in an open environment. It seems that we're confusing "rights" with "privileges" in this discussion. We have the right to bear arms and hunt, but I don't accept that anyone has the right to engage in activities that pose a real danger to others, especially when those others are unaware of the danger - which another hunter, in range of the blind person's fire, would certainly be.

We've also discussed at length the responsibility of a hunter to do everything in his/her power to ensure a quick, clean kill. Placing a gun in the hands of someone who cannot see their prey, much less, the animal's kill zone, and expecting them to live up to the responsibility that I assume we all acknowledge simply doesn't jive for me. I just believe that along with our freedoms and rights come certain responsibilities, and if someone cannot live up to those responsibilities, they should not be exercising the rights.

Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: PHishTX] #120824 12/13/06 03:48 PM
HighTechRedneck Offline
redman
redman
Sorry, this was not directed at you but at all in general.

VEGETARIAN,
an old Indian word for
Poor Hunter!
www.teamredneck.net
www.vaportrailscents.com
Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: HighTechRedneck] #120825 12/13/06 04:55 PM
D
DoNisUglyFat Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
wait a minute now you say you drive right? then you in some way are posing a possible threat to everyone in your driving area.just because you have driven before and will continue to do so does not mean you will not injure or kill someone in the future with your automobil.We should maybe not let you drive because "I" feel you will injure or worse some one here in America.You believe someone who is blind does not have the same rights as you?If someone who is blind can not drive a high speed automobil do you think you could describe the feeling so that they could understand why you say it is so wonderful?Why should they who are already able to do less than "YOU" be denied the chance to participate in events that they can do?You say there are resposibilities to live up to.Why was hunters for the hungry started?Because a high percentage of hunters only kill animals for a trophy and could care less about the consumption of the flesh.There is going to be someone/there already is someone making shure the shot is placed properly.It is not just blind people leasing land and stumbling around shooting!!!!!I will bet that you have taken a shot that was less than wonderful more than once if you have hunted very long at all.So why should you be Holy and the blind be DAMNED?

Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: DoNisUglyFat] #120826 12/13/06 05:36 PM
R
RonKaye Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
There is one fundamental flaw in your argument: I can see where I'm driving and what I'm shooting at, without having to rely upon someone else's vision and judgment in making a split-second decision. Don't try and make this into a Holy vs. Damned argument, either. It's just about what I consider to be good common sense and responsible hunting. And no amount of "righteous anger" is going to convince me to abandon my own sense of good judgment, okay? Just accept the fact that we disagree.

Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: RonKaye] #120827 12/13/06 05:42 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Quote:

Just accept the fact that we disagree.

That should remedy that particular debate.

Re: Texas Bill: Let Blind Hunters Use Lasers [Re: Big Orn] #120828 12/13/06 05:53 PM
D
DoNisUglyFat Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
i agree and it is to bad that it is just you and i still standing there is much to BE gained from everyones input.A good debate/arguement is a healthy venue.I have one last question about the blind each person who has stated that they do not feel a blind hunter has a right to hunt has also in one bebate topic HIGH FENCES stated and i quote"If a hunter feels the need to hunt inside a high fence and they participate in a legal maner taking all game under state and local laws legaly then there should not be any problem.(here is the kicker) "WE should all learn to get along as hunters as a whole and not degrade one and another.Hunters need to stand by each other so we don't give the anti hunters any ammo! Now that DOES OR DOES NOT APPLY TO A LEGAL BLIND HUNTER?

From the article [Re: DoNisUglyFat] #120829 12/13/06 06:11 PM
O
OldChunkOfCoal Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
O
"Visually impaired people are allowed to shoot now with the aid of a sighted person, he said, a requirement that would continue if the sights were legalized."

They're hunting, anyway. This is just gives them a tool that, if anything, probably makes it safer.

If the blind enjoy hunting, I guess they are getting something out of it. I'm much more worried about a drunken, random jackass shooting me than a blind guy shooting me.

But I'm gonna be a diamond someday
Re: From the article [Re: OldChunkOfCoal] #120830 12/13/06 06:20 PM
R
RonKaye Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
"I'm much more worried about a drunken, random jackass shooting me than a blind guy shooting me."

I doubt that the Secret Service or his press secretary lets him hunt any more!

Sorry 'bout that...

I just think that rather than use technology to minimally improve what I feel is a bad situation, it would be better to correct the situation itself.

Re: From the article [Re: OldChunkOfCoal] #120831 12/13/06 06:21 PM
R
RustyShackleford Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
How do they decide who is the "sighted person" that aims the gun for them. Whats to stop them from aiming at a house or something and the blind person never know, then just say the blind person missed. Lots of things go go wrong here. I think it is ok but needs to be welled thought out and planned.

"Gentlemen, the crap has literally been scared out of me." -Dale Gribble
Re: From the article [Re: RustyShackleford] #120832 12/13/06 06:30 PM
D
DoNisUglyFat Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
i would hope that would never happen though "IT WAS FUNNy AS HE77" but that would take it right back to the drunkin jackass/sighted person endangering others not the blind person?

Not to be miscostrued as the debate over should seeing eye dogs be allowed to watch people get dressed!!!

Last edited by DoNisUglyFat; 12/13/06 06:33 PM.
Re: From the article [Re: DoNisUglyFat] #120833 12/13/06 06:50 PM
R
RustyShackleford Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Maybe the seeing eye dog should aim the rifle? Those dogs are so smart, train em to do that.

Re: From the article [Re: RustyShackleford] #120834 12/13/06 06:59 PM
D
DoNisUglyFat Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
They can't because of Nebraska incest laws......
They lick their paws .............
when you click on my label here ...
the little fight was due to "missing Decoys in Corinth"

Re: From the article [Re: DoNisUglyFat] #120835 12/13/06 07:07 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Let's don't:

too much, men.

I think this thing has about run it's course anyway...

Re: From the article [Re: Big Orn] #120836 12/13/06 07:08 PM
R
RustyShackleford Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
sorry, bad joke

Re: From the article [Re: RustyShackleford] #120837 12/13/06 07:40 PM
B
BassinJohn Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Hate to say it... but do I see a business opportunity? If this passes I may just start the 1st all Blind Deer Lease. I can see it now... duct tape, paper mache... sir here is your "trophy" buck. Wow, it sure was hard to track. That will be $12,000. Have a nice day, I will process your deer and mount your paper mache' rack. Dont forget to come back next year.

jk obviously

Re: From the article [Re: BassinJohn] #120838 12/13/06 09:14 PM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Another bad joke.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread