Forums46
Topics539,583
Posts9,751,310
Members87,167
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Perkjerker] #1187707 01/21/10 03:05 PM
T
Tuoms Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: PerkJerker
this is funny stuff.. go get em cory... everyone is a badazz when they are hiding behind a computer smile Guide business is tough.. I use the same fishing guide every year for stripers and we dont slay them every year. I use him because he is reliable, entertaining and cares about my clients (his also).. It is about the experience not the catching or killing.

Some people just dont get it.. everyone wants instant gratification

Agreed, my first guided hunt was a duck hunt in lubbock, it was my first year hunting, I expected to limit out, I think I shot one bird. I was pissed! Until I realized that just because you pay someone $150 it doesn't guarantee a good hunt. The guide service gave us a discount on a goose hunt the following year, and we've been hunting with them once a year ever since.

[Linked Image]
Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Tuoms] #1187715 01/21/10 03:07 PM
D
Danno Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted By: Tuoms
this is funny stuff.. go get em cory... everyone is a badazz when they are hiding behind a computer smile Guide business is tough.. I use the same fishing guide every year for stripers and we dont slay them every year. I use him because he is reliable, entertaining and cares about my clients (his also).. It is about the experience not the catching or killing.

Agreed, my first guided hunt was a duck hunt in lubbock, it was my first year hunting, I expected to limit out, I think I shot one bird. I was pissed! Until I realized that just because you pay someone $150 it doesn't guarantee a good hunt. The guide service gave us a discount on a goose hunt the following year, and we've been hunting with them once a year ever since.

Ding, ding, ding.

That's why it's called hunting not killing.

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Danno] #1187759 01/21/10 03:30 PM
P
Perkjerker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
My twelve year and I have this same conversation all the time about the experience vs what you kill or catch.

Enjoy the journey not the final destination

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Perkjerker] #1187824 01/21/10 03:55 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I wanna shoot some high fence ducks!!!

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Jasb] #1187913 01/21/10 04:29 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Jasb

I have been on some high fence duck hunts that were very tough, if your looking for easy pick a small pen, those large ones are just as tough as hunting low fence ducks

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Guy] #1187915 01/21/10 04:30 PM
D
Danno Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted By: Guy
Originally Posted By: just4fun
you are just trying to save face on here since this is where you try to pimp your service the most.

I often hear members use the word “pimping” when guides promote their business, why is that? To me that is a sucker punch, unless you have a logical reason for calling it “pimping”.

Actually, cheap shot is probably a better word for it vs sucker punch, you get the idea.

just4fun. You the same guy that joined this forum to whine about not being able to dove hunt "in the rain" with him earlier this year? Really? If I recall correctly, didn't he offer to send you some money for your trouble if you would PM your address? Hmmm...

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Jasb] #1187950 01/21/10 04:38 PM
C
cable Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Jasb

You have, we slaughtered Martys neighbor's wood ducks that kept tresspassing on his pond.

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Danno] #1188284 01/21/10 06:55 PM
P
panther Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: Danno
you are just trying to save face on here since this is where you try to pimp your service the most.

I often hear members use the word “pimping” when guides promote their business, why is that? To me that is a sucker punch, unless you have a logical reason for calling it “pimping”.

Actually, cheap shot is probably a better word for it vs sucker punch, you get the idea.

just4fun. You the same guy that joined this forum to whine about not being able to dove hunt "in the rain" with him earlier this year? Really? If I recall correctly, didn't he offer to send you some money for your trouble if you would PM your address? Hmmm...

So Cable, do you still think ole Cory has too much baggage to associate with?

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: panther] #1188305 01/21/10 07:04 PM
M
Moose K Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I would like to see the moderators make guides and outfitters advertise their business in the "outfitter and guide" section on the forum.

I'm not talking about a guy saying "I had a great hunt with Cory," or putting together a group hunt.

My issue with this whole deal is the biweekley advertisement in the migratory section. In my opinion, it belongs in the section that is dedicated to outfitters for advertising.

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Perkjerker] #1188306 01/21/10 07:05 PM
A
Adub2123 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
I am new to this forum, but I have had a bad experience with Drakes Guide Service, and did not want to say anything until after duck season. My cousin lined a dove hunt up with him for us back in September. We were a little late to the feild, do to an accident with one of our buddy's dogs early that morning. His guide set us up in a sunflower field, so we were thinking this was going to be pretty good. We only killed 5 birds between 8 of us, and it was not because of our lack of shooting skills. We did not see any birds, a little dicouraged, but still paid our money. We were staying in Bowie, at my cousin's inlaws farm. On our way back, we talked to cory, and he said that since we had such a bad hunt, he would take us all on a duck hunt towards the end of duck season free of charge. My cousin has tried calling him numerous times, left numerous messages, and Cory has not bothered calling back. We were going to give him a chance to call before we bashed him, but here it is Thurday Jan 21, duck season ends this weekend, AND NO WORD FROM CORY ! ! After reading all of the other stuff about his operation, sounds like he has more complaints than praises !

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Adub2123] #1188314 01/21/10 07:11 PM
D
DUAggie Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
popcorn

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Adub2123] #1188317 01/21/10 07:12 PM
A
aussie1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
popcorn

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: aussie1] #1188328 01/21/10 07:16 PM
M
maturner05 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
You know, I'm glad that Cory got a chance to explain himself, but if stories like these keep surfacing he is "gonna need a bigger boat."

Is it duck season yet?
Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Guy] #1188331 01/21/10 07:17 PM
S
sptaylor Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
crazywill this ever end???

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: sptaylor] #1188333 01/21/10 07:18 PM
A
Adub2123 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Maturner, whats up buddy, how did yall do yesterday morning ?

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Moose K] #1188341 01/21/10 07:21 PM
T
TreeBass Offline
Old Weller
Old Weller
T
Originally Posted By: Moose Knuckles
I would like to see the moderators make guides and outfitters advertise their business in the "outfitter and guide" section on the forum.

I'm not talking about a guy saying "I had a great hunt with Cory," or putting together a group hunt.

My issue with this whole deal is the biweekley advertisement in the migratory section. In my opinion, it belongs in the section that is dedicated to outfitters for advertising.

We try to contain "blatant" advertisments in the outfitters and guide section. But do allow the posting of pics, bragging rights etc here as well as in the photo section.

When they get carried away, and it becomes a blatant advertisement, they are moved. Nothing different than when threads like this are started. We try to allow enough time for both parties to speak their peace, then either lock or move them.

No reason to beat a dead horse. up

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others...

Like the THF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
Grizzly Coolers
Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Adub2123] #1188348 01/21/10 07:24 PM
M
maturner05 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Adub2123
Maturner, whats up buddy, how did yall do yesterday morning ?

We had a good time, but thank goodness we werent relying on ducks for dinner. if you know what i mean.

Is it duck season yet?
Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Perkjerker] #1188425 01/21/10 07:55 PM
D
DukCollectR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
r smile Guide business is tough.

Greed is good for Gordon Gekko, most guides I know are nowhere close to that character from the movie Wall Street.
Did any of you guys hunt that infamous dove spot in the city limits of FTW???? hanged

"Daddy!, that big woman we saw at Walmart, her belly looked like a busted can of bisquits!"
Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: DukCollectR] #1188772 01/21/10 09:51 PM
D
Danno Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted By: DukCollectR
[quote=PerkJerker]r smile Guide business is tough.

Did any of you guys hunt that infamous dove spot in the city limits of FTW???? hanged

My 16 year old son and I hunted it maybe 8 times this year. Opening day was less than stellar I guess due to the cold front that had just blown through and we only shot a total of 18 birds between us. Kinda dissapointing. My son was using his new Baretta 390 and I swear I never saw anyone go through two boxes of shells so fast! eek2 We both shot limits twice midway through the season on back to back days as new birds moved in. banana The rest of the times were hit and miss. Maybe 8 total one day and 15 or so the next and yes, I can recall one rainy day where we only scratched out 3. realmad Do I wish it was better? Heck ya! It sure was convenient though to swing by the school on my way home from work and pick up the boy and get a couple hours of shooting in. On a scale of 1 -10 I'd give it a 7 all things considered. Talking to my hunting buddies it sounded like it was kinda tough all over this year. Hope next year is better. Thinking of teaching the boy to reload in the off-sesaon. Either that or he will have to start paying for his own shells. rofl

Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: Danno] #1188985 01/21/10 11:29 PM
J
just4fun Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Originally Posted By: Danno

The money is not the issue it is the lack of comunication and after he has part of your money. All I can say is this many people complaining has to make you think about what kind of guide service he is running. If you also remmeber he told another member he did not cancel any of his dove hunts when he talked to him on the phone but had already said in a post he had. So go ahead and make exscuses for him but he will get what he deserves in the end. ALso why did all his guides quit last year on him before end of season for some of the same reasons that have been posted on here this year. farmer

Last edited by just4fun; 01/21/10 11:34 PM.
Re: Drakes Guide Service "The Rest of The Story." [Re: just4fun] #1189013 01/21/10 11:44 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I think everyone has said what they need to say on Drakes

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide