Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: FOX PRO or ????? [Re: Clay Reid] #1151877 01/06/10 02:19 AM
C
CAlex56 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Just my opinion Clay but it is pretty hard sometimes to call up animals. I mean depending on where you and your kids hunt it might be so over populated and never hunted they just come in to every sound because of curiosity. But I don't know I mean for some people they aren't able to ever call a critter in their life. I guess it's just where you are, who your with, and most importantly what your using.

I suggest to just try out every call. Research, and just go out one NIGHT where it will be easy to call one p or get one to answer and just practice with either a hand call, or even an expensive foxpro.

Takes a little bit of work still to call them up with foxpro I heard.

Re: FOX PRO or ????? [Re: CAlex56] #1155097 01/07/10 01:14 PM
C
Clay Reid Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Cal thats why i said if their there they will come if their not they aint a comin . I also stated that alot of the times their there and you never even know it .
Im smart enough to know that its not always easy but alot of guys make this out to be chinese arithmetic and it aint . THe calling part that is . now setting up and shooting them is a whole different story .
Where I hunt here in Archer city there is a coyote hunter for every mile of land and theyve heard every sound imaginable .
i know what your saying cal but I just dont want Rick oshay to think that he has to have a bachelors degree to call in a coyote . If there is a guy out there that has never called in a coyote then he hasnt made many calls . Just like the guy that said he hasnt never been bucked off ......he hasnt rode many then .
keep tryin rick its gonna happen and you will be ruined just like the rest of us yeahoos . lol

3-time TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPION
FoxPro Field staff-Predator Division
New Mexico State Champion
Reserve World champion
Re: FOX PRO or ????? [Re: Clay Reid] #1156416 01/07/10 11:04 PM
C
CAlex56 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I see what your saying Clay. Yea out here where I live not many Hunters so. I am not trying to make it sound hard though but at times just like anything it can get frustrating. Good luck Rick.

Re: FOX PRO or ????? [Re: CAlex56] #1156474 01/07/10 11:33 PM
T
txvarminter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
If you put me and a new guy who has never predator hunted out in the field and give us two choices;
1. He runs the caller and I decide where we set up at
2. I run the caller and He decides where we set up at

I'll take option 1 every time. Having a good call (hand or electric) is no where near as important as know the animals an where you need to set up to put them in the truck. My estimate is full on 60% of yotes called by newbies are never seen because they are set up in the wrong spot. My first few years while learning I blew all the right sounds but had the set up wrong and watched them get away. Since then I've been setting in the right spot before blowing Yellow Rose of Texas on a mouth call and had yotes show up and end up in the truck. Knowing the animal your after is more important than the call, and I hate to admit it but I agree with Clay if they ain't there you're not going to get anything. smile

www.circle66.com
Originally Posted By: Ramball36
My opinion is go with the fatties!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide