Print Thread
Alabama Hunting? #1111740 12/17/09 04:33 AM
B
bradyboy Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
I have been invited to hunt in Cullman Alabama over the holidays. I was wondering if any one on here has ever hunted the area and can tell me what to expect?

Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: bradyboy] #1111754 12/17/09 04:39 AM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C
No but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once....I would say, expect to have a good time.

Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: Curly] #1111783 12/17/09 04:49 AM
C
CTK3 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I saw Bear Grylls kill a wild boar there on man vs. wild.

Naked.

Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: bradyboy] #1111870 12/17/09 06:37 AM
D
devroy Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
i like hunting very much .i used to go on hunting . last time when i hunted a deer with cross bow in alabama i found it very impressive so if any body is fond of hunting then it is suitable for him to hunt with a cross bow . here are some pictures related to bow hunting . when i hunted with a cross bow i found there was no any noise while hunting at the same time when you hunt with a fire gun it produces so much noise and your hunt become concious after hearing that noise and you are not able to aim your hunt again but in the case of cross bow hunting there is no any noise and your aim or hunt remain unconcious and you are able to aim it again and it was good experience to hunt with a cross bow . i also seen so many videos on national geographyc on cross bow hunting and i liked it so much iam also interested in these kind of weapons and i enjoy making a collection of these .the reason i liked cross bow weapons so much because you just not only use it for a particuler type of hunting but you can use it in all kind of hunting and your protection also.

Last edited by devroy; 12/17/09 06:38 AM.
Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: devroy] #1111957 12/17/09 12:38 PM
A
azcoyote Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
??? confused2

"It'a a sad man my freind who's living in his own skin and can't stand the company" Bruce Springsteen
Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: azcoyote] #1112098 12/17/09 02:16 PM
B
bigmike_ml21 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
scratch

Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Sometimes I wonder if it will get to the point you bring an attorney with you out hunting.
Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: bigmike_ml21] #1112130 12/17/09 02:31 PM
W
westtex75 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
Not sure about that whole crossbow thing. I can tell you a few things about Alabama deer hunting though. My hunting there was done in the southern part of the state. Don't know where Cullman is located. The good news is you are going to be there at one of the best times. Rut usually is full on from Jan 1-15th. So if your dates are in that range you should see ruttng activity. The bad news is when I hunted there the bag limit was a buck a day. Thats right one buck per day. Some of those good ole boys really stacked em up. Body size of some of those bama bucks was huge if you were lucky enough to find one that had matured! Deer drives with dogs is one of their favorite hunting traditions.

Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: westtex75] #1112390 12/17/09 04:15 PM
B
bradyboy Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
Thanks westex75. Cullman is in the Northern part of the state. We will be hunting 29-31 December. I am trying to find out more details about the place we are hunting.

Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: devroy] #1112407 12/17/09 04:19 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: devroy
i like hunting very much .i used to go on hunting . last time when i hunted a deer with cross bow in alabama i found it very impressive so if any body is fond of hunting then it is suitable for him to hunt with a cross bow . here are some pictures related to bow hunting . when i hunted with a cross bow i found there was no any noise while hunting at the same time when you hunt with a fire gun it produces so much noise and your hunt become concious after hearing that noise and you are not able to aim your hunt again but in the case of cross bow hunting there is no any noise and your aim or hunt remain unconcious and you are able to aim it again and it was good experience to hunt with a cross bow . i also seen so many videos on national geographyc on cross bow hunting and i liked it so much iam also interested in these kind of weapons and i enjoy making a collection of these .the reason i liked cross bow weapons so much because you just not only use it for a particuler type of hunting but you can use it in all kind of hunting and your protection also.

didn't know borat was a member of the forum.

"I would like very much to buy this crossbow...which arrow is best for killing jews"

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: txtrophy85] #1112547 12/17/09 05:22 PM
A
AdgerC15 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A
brady I used to hunt just outside of Selma on a club. Its a different style of hunting out there but very fun!

Be ready to put your time in and find the deer. If they have food plots, you can always set up on them.

Other than that I used to target ridgelines and draws for rut time activity and primarily hunted creeks and rivers. Any source of water seemed to provide good deer activity. I got in there and found good sign and set up 1 or 2 sets to favor opposing winds. The deer are there but sometimes hard to find.

There are still some good bucks in that part of the country, just be ready to work! You are goin in about the right time of the year, rut is usually post christmas right around new years. Hope for cold weather, those deer like the brisk temp!

ac

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Conservation means development as much as it does protection.
- Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: txtrophy85] #1112639 12/17/09 06:17 PM
B
Bucks and Ducks Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

didn't know borat was a member of the forum.

"I would like very much to buy this crossbow...which arrow is best for killing jews"

Borat rofl

Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: devroy] #1114746 12/18/09 05:36 PM
L
Lazy L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
i like hunting very much .i used to go on hunting . last time when i hunted a deer with cross bow in alabama i found it very impressive so if any body is fond of hunting then it is suitable for him to hunt with a cross bow . here are some pictures related to bow hunting . when i hunted with a cross bow i found there was no any noise while hunting at the same time when you hunt with a fire gun it produces so much noise and your hunt become concious after hearing that noise and you are not able to aim your hunt again but in the case of cross bow hunting there is no any noise and your aim or hunt remain unconcious and you are able to aim it again and it was good experience to hunt with a cross bow . i also seen so many videos on national geographyc on cross bow hunting and i liked it so much iam also interested in these
kind of weapons and i enjoy making a collection of these .the reason i liked cross bow weapons so much because you just not only use it for a particuler type of hunting but you can use it
in all kind of hunting and your protection also.

Ahhh, nothing better than a few cocktails and getting on the forum.
loco_too

"Hey running' buddy what'll say to a twelve pack"

Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: Lazy L] #1119613 12/21/09 04:39 PM
B
bradyboy Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
anybody else?

Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: bradyboy] #1123450 12/23/09 04:14 AM
C
ctonsmitty Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I grew up hunting in ALABAMA. Hunt the woods in the morning (a food plot is a waste of tme) and food plots in the PM. This time of year the bucks will just now start scraping and rubbing, but the full rut won't kick off until January 10 and will last until the end of the season. While sitting in your stand during your morning hunt, hit your grunt call softly a few times. In the afternoon, take a good pair of binoculars cause the deer may not enter the field until 10 minutes after sunset.
*make sure you have hunter orange and do not hunt near corn or Rosco wil cuff you and stuff you. Good luck and ROLL TIDE!

Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: ctonsmitty] #1124651 12/23/09 08:05 PM
B
bradyboy Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
Thanks ctonsmitty. Do you know anything about the Cullman area?

Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: bradyboy] #1125113 12/23/09 11:37 PM
C
ctonsmitty Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Cullman is just North of Birmingham. I have never hunted the area, but it should be ok. Don't set your expectations too high. I hunted S Alabama where there were loads of deer. The terrain is probably going to be "hilly" (think Tennessee) and covered with trees. The best people to ask how the hunting is, will be the people who you are going to be hunting with.....
The best place to hunt in Alabama is in the Black Belt region N of Thomasville, S of Tuscaloosa (IMO the best counties are Marengo, Greene, Perry, Wilcox and Dallas)

Re: Alabama Hunting? [Re: ctonsmitty] #1125674 12/24/09 03:27 AM
B
bradyboy Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
Thanks we are going in blind to Alabama. Just got invited last week so who know what we will get into atleast we get out of town and the house since we lost our lease this past year.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide