Forums46
Topics538,356
Posts9,736,230
Members87,083
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I guess I am gonna keep him! [Re: ProximoMetalica] #1115394 12/18/09 11:47 PM
F
FamousAmos Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Welcome to the wonderful world of Labradors! hammer

“And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”
‭‭Micah‬ ‭6:8‬
Re: I guess I am gonna keep him! [Re: TexasEd] #1117253 12/20/09 03:34 AM
F
Frogs97 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Originally Posted By: TexasEd

I have a name plate on my dog's e-collar so that if something like this happens to her my name and phone numbers on on there.

TexasEd, I was thinking about this very thing when I was out with my girl this morning. What kind of collar do you have, and how do you have the nameplates attached to the collar?

Re: I guess I am gonna keep him! [Re: Frogs97] #1117281 12/20/09 03:55 AM
T
timbertoes Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
That Poor old dog could have done a lot worse for a new owner, hope it works out well for you.

Forum says "Veteran Tracker". I could not track a garbage truck into a fireworks factory.
Re: I guess I am gonna keep him! [Re: timbertoes] #1117504 12/20/09 05:59 AM
P
ProximoMetalica Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
P
I am starting to get attached to him now....that just means I will get a call from the original owner any day now. He is actually very intelligent and boy does he love the water. We played for at least 30 minutes today and he kept sticking his whole head under the water and blowing bubbles!! I was laughing so hard, I really got a kick out of watching him. He was having way more fun than me.

Is it possible to buy the remote for an e-collar? I have the collar itself and want to use it on him. He has some bad habits that we need to break a soon as possible.

Re: I guess I am gonna keep him! [Re: ProximoMetalica] #1117653 12/20/09 02:35 PM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
Originally Posted By: ProximoMetalica

Is it possible to buy the remote for an e-collar? I have the collar itself and want to use it on him. He has some bad habits that we need to break a soon as possible.

Probably, but i wouldnt advise it! If you dont know much about e-collars, you need to read up them before trying to play robot dog.

The ecollar is not a teaching tool, it is am enforcing tool. It should only be used to enforce something the dog KNOWS ALREADY. Also, the dog may not be "Collar conditioned". This may be why the dog ran off in the first place. An inexpierenced owner may have slapped a collar on the dog and expected it to do magical things. The dog probably freaked out and took off.

BTW, what kind of collar is it?(name brand)

Last edited by ishootspoonies; 12/20/09 02:36 PM.

Originally Posted By: RoosterCogburn13
I like spoonie, his humor is dryer than my duck lease.
Re: I guess I am gonna keep him! [Re: ishootspoonies] #1117675 12/20/09 03:11 PM
S
samlab1 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Hate to hear of a lost dog. It's a tough deal to go through.

If the collar is tritronics take the collar strap off the receiver and get the serial number off the back. Call or email tritronics and see who the collar is registered to.

Also, many vets don't have equipment to read all chips. Might want to check with another vet.

There are several retriever club around you. Might want to contact them. Brazosport, Tejas, Bryan College Station retriver clubs have many contacts....trainers, breeders and owners.

Good Luck, hope it all turns out for the best,

Bob

Re: I guess I am gonna keep him! [Re: Frogs97] #1117699 12/20/09 03:31 PM
T
TexasEd Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Frogs97

I have a name plate on my dog's e-collar so that if something like this happens to her my name and phone numbers on on there.

TexasEd, I was thinking about this very thing when I was out with my girl this morning. What kind of collar do you have, and how do you have the nameplates attached to the collar?

I ordered the name plates from gundogsupply.com They are very inexpensive and come with rivets to attach them.

I have my name, city, and 2 phone numbers on each of them. No-one needs to know my dog's name but me and putting your name on it might help motivate people to call you instead of keeping the dog.

I attach the pates to the e-collar with the rivets through the holes already in the collar.

Re: I guess I am gonna keep him! [Re: ishootspoonies] #1117703 12/20/09 03:32 PM
T
TexasEd Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: ishootspoonies
Originally Posted By: ProximoMetalica

Probably, but i wouldnt advise it! If you dont know much about e-collars, you need to read up them before trying to play robot dog.

The ecollar is not a teaching tool, it is am enforcing tool. It should only be used to enforce something the dog KNOWS ALREADY. Also, the dog may not be "Collar conditioned". This may be why the dog ran off in the first place. An inexpierenced owner may have slapped a collar on the dog and expected it to do magical things. The dog probably freaked out and took off.

x2

Re: I guess I am gonna keep him! [Re: TexasEd] #1119051 12/21/09 03:54 AM
F
Frogs97 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Originally Posted By: Frogs97

I ordered the name plates from gundogsupply.com They are very inexpensive and come with rivets to attach them.

I have my name, city, and 2 phone numbers on each of them. No-one needs to know my dog's name but me and putting your name on it might help motivate people to call you instead of keeping the dog.

I attach the pates to the e-collar with the rivets through the holes already in the collar.

Ahhh ... excellent idea. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide