Forums46
Topics538,503
Posts9,737,881
Members87,094
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: A.B.] #1107099 12/15/09 03:04 PM
V
Vepr73 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
V
First of all. Saweet wall. Very nice!

Second; East Texas is Hard to hunt. From the dense land to the abundants of acorns. We feed year round. Protein and corn. But when the acorns drop...might as well turn the feeders off and hunt the natural runs and oak forest. Till the acorns spoil or get eaten. Hell the pigs don't even come to the feeders now. Always said corn is just a filler till the acorns drop. That has been proven time and time again at our lease. Other than that you just have to be at the right place at the right time. Again, I think it's harder to hunt because of the the natural vegetation and dence cover East Texas has to offer. JMO

Third; Poachers! what can I say. We have never had a problem with them. Not saying that they are not around or it don't happen. But saying It's a regional thing is crazy. It's a problem all ova the USA and not just Texas. A criminal is a criminal! They don't go by Our rules as ethincal hunters. Again JMO

Also We do our share of shooting on our lease to. Been doing it for years. Hold machinegun shoots twice a year. And we shoot full autos throughout the year. Amongst other things. Off season of course. So when you get a reputation of having awsome firepower on a land, I'm sure people think twice about trespassing. When you have a full auto browning 1919 and sending 500 rounds down range at a time. That tends to let people know that they shouldn't step on that property. And the mini gun. Wow! That shouldn't need any explanation!

Before anyone says that we are running the deer off. I say bullchit. Don't seem to be the case out there. Guess they just get used to it. Just like deer don't move in high wind and rain. Oh and never pee around ur feeder or stand. All have been proven wrong. Again...JMO

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: jbs8307] #1107126 12/15/09 03:14 PM
T
texas8point Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I've grown up hearing rumors of transplanting deer, they did, they might, they are going to, they have......but to my knowledge I've never actually read that they did transplant deer and to what area of east Texas.
That is a SUPER wall that anyone in the state would be glad to have. We're in east Texas too and have a pretty great lease with some great bucks in our history and I say the same thing about putting them up against any other area and the price is ALLOT cheaper !

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: texas8point] #1107187 12/15/09 03:32 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: texas8point
I've grown up hearing rumors of transplanting deer, they did, they might, they are going to, they have......but to my knowledge I've never actually read that they did transplant deer and to what area of east Texas.
That is a SUPER wall that anyone in the state would be glad to have. We're in east Texas too and have a pretty great lease with some great bucks in our history and I say the same thing about putting them up against any other area and the price is ALLOT cheaper !

Actually deer where transplanted in East TX from S.TX and around lukin some from Kansas.
Most of the Deer north of I-10 ALL THE WAY TO THE RED RIVER have some S.TX genetics.

Hunting and screw worms almost whiped out the TX population. Also there is only one beleived pure genetic WT herd in the US..... Thats The King Ranch. King Ranch also help restock more then just TX.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: bigmike_ml21] #1109309 12/16/09 06:42 AM
F
fishinbob2 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
What county/

Never seen 'em grow bigger horns on the ground
Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: A.B.] #1112602 12/17/09 05:55 PM
R
Redneck Messiah Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: aggiebrahma
Originally Posted By: GUTIT
Originally Posted By: Texas_White_boy
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
the problem with east texas isn't the habitat or the deer....its the people who hunt it.

alot of the deer that are in east texas got there from transplants from the king ranch...the genetics are there.

if you manage a place that is sizable...such as 2400 acres, you will get nice bucks..you have proven that. it just takes keeping your finger off the trigger to get them there

and the neighbors, poachers and other people that hunt 24/7 365 days a year

Please get the proof of the above statements. I have never seen any paperwork stating King Ranch deer were transplanted here and know alot of the people around East Texas. Not much poaching has been heard of or proven, yes I do check arrest reports from the Sheriff and Game Warden and have not seen anymore incidents than anywhere else. I live and hunt in Hunt county, along with a lease in Wise County and Make 2 trips to Brady during the season. I also have a family farm in Iowa my son and I hunt. Point is, I hunt all over and have not seen any proof that East Texas is any different than anywhere else.There are issues all over. Although everyone can just stay away and believe the stories, more deer for me and mine.

I just read that crap and laugh. I was born and raised here and see no more poaching than I have seen or at least heard off in any other part of TX. I knew a man in my youth that hunted the bar ditch ranch between Eldorado and Iraan on a regular basis. I have seen teenagers in the Panhandle chasing deer across wheatfields. I have only caught one "poacher" on our place in the last 20 years and he was a dude from Garland that had mis read a map and made an honest mistake, after cussing him felt bad and let him grab his deer and get on down the road.

Somehow we get this sterotype on being ignorant and backwards, funny stuff.

Well all I know is when Sig226 fan went to our place yesterday he found Bud Lite cans in the blind........... neither of us drink it mad

Originally Posted By: cody
...give it to a homeless guy...he won't mind the stiffness
Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: Redneck Messiah] #1112617 12/17/09 06:03 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
And peanut butter cracker wrappers, and other crap...

And fourwheeler tracks narrower than mine or Mickey's... and they were easy to spot in 8inches + of mud

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #1112908 12/17/09 08:22 PM
B
BAR940 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
eek2
WOW.

If some of you despise hunting East TX and the people there, then why in the hell are you still there? It's pretty simple: Find somewhere else to hunt.

My recommendations:
1) Quit b*tching and whining and actually do something about it.
2) If you don't do anything about it then you have no reason to complain so just shut up.
3) Find somewhere else to hunt.

And for those of you that think poaching happens primarily in east TX? Think again, it happens all over the state.

Oathkeepers.org

28th State Militia
www.28thstatemilitia.com
Montague County 337th Jim Bowie Militia III%
Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: jbs8307] #1112929 12/17/09 08:32 PM
T
texas8point Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I loves me some east texas.....
Oh, and i searched everything i could find and found no records of transplanting deer from west to east texas

Last edited by texas8point; 12/17/09 08:33 PM.
Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: BAR940] #1113058 12/17/09 09:14 PM
duck & cover
duck & cover
Originally Posted By: BAR940
eek2
WOW.

If some of you despise hunting East TX and the people there, then why in the hell are you still there? It's pretty simple: Find somewhere else to hunt.

My recommendations:
2) If you don't do anything about it then you have no reason to complain so just shut up.

And for those of you that think poaching happens primarily in east TX? Think again, it happens all over the state.

Hey DUDE,
Don't know what made you want to flame at me like that... I was just reporting the facts..

I do actually hunt somewhere else.

And since I am doing something about it, I guess I can bitchmoan and whine...though I wasn't really bitching moaning and whining...

Now, really, do you feel better?

If you don't want to read about it, why don't you find another place to troll?
A) I do more than most about catching and reporting poachers... and will continue to do so. I just don't broadcast it on here very much...

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #1113087 12/17/09 09:24 PM
K
KennyLee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
I hunt in north central Texas and have had as many poachers, trespassers, thieves, vandals, scumbags, meth heads, sorry neighbors, sorry leasors, and just general trash as any body in any part of the state. Problem is, I know landowners in just about every corner of this state and in between and almost all have had a bad experience at one time or another. Being close to a major metro area, I get more than my share, but that's to be expected with the metroplex less than 30 miles away.

Sorry people live everywhere.

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: KennyLee] #1113448 12/18/09 12:38 AM
duck & cover
duck & cover
I never said that east texas was the worst, just that we're seeing strange signs lately on that one place...

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: DSST_Construction] #1113649 12/18/09 02:09 AM
F
fordtough Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: Texas_White_boy
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
the problem with east texas isn't the habitat or the deer....its the people who hunt it.

alot of the deer that are in east texas got there from transplants from the king ranch...the genetics are there.

if you manage a place that is sizable...such as 2400 acres, you will get nice bucks..you have proven that. it just takes keeping your finger off the trigger to get them there

and the neighbors, poachers and other people that hunt 24/7 365 days a year

exactly! goodlookin deer

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: BAR940] #1113851 12/18/09 03:37 AM
R
Redneck Messiah Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
eek2
WOW.

My recommendations:

Thats the best plan i have heard of yet!! why didnt I think of that??.......Hey you let me have a 80 acre place for free in Montauge county??

If not, here is a cup coffee of shut the #@$% up.

If i ever catch them there believe me i WILL do something about it. Did u honestly think that I would just sit in the blind and watch them walk thru........ Really??

Good day Sir

Originally Posted By: cody
...give it to a homeless guy...he won't mind the stiffness
Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: Redneck Messiah] #1114197 12/18/09 11:44 AM
J
jbs8307 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
you guys are crackin me up.
If not, here is a cup coffee of shut the #@$% up. <--------Love that!
And by the way we aren't we on this forum to discuss and even bitch about hunting. That's the point right?
On a different note i agree with the corn and acorns comment. I only hunt where the oak flats are because thats where the most deer are seen year in and year out on our place. Our hogs stop showing their selves around opening weekend too. I always thought it was because we are mld 3 and we usually have blasted 20 or 30 of them in october but the acorn idea sounds about right too. i dont know about the rest of yall hunting east texas but the acorn crop was non-existent on our lease this year.

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: jbs8307] #1114330 12/18/09 02:15 PM
duck & cover
duck & cover
Well maybe it's being closer to the metromess or what, but I've caught two or three a year for the past few years, and there's always more...

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #1114346 12/18/09 02:23 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
What is an oak "flat"?

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: postoak] #1114461 12/18/09 03:23 PM
J
jbs8307 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
thats just what i call a big group of oak trees in a low lying area inside a pine plantation. The pines usually dont take in the wet spots and the oaks grow there instead. The stands closest to them seem to produce good bucks year after year.

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: jbs8307] #1114683 12/18/09 05:09 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
Thanks, so any stand of oaks would be used the same?

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: postoak] #1114845 12/18/09 06:28 PM
J
jbs8307 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
ya thats just what i call it

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: jbs8307] #1114994 12/18/09 07:56 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
Well, the flats, as you've described them are a special feature in a special area (low lying area of pine plantation). I have never seen one of those where I hunt, but I do see stands of white oaks, usually in upland areas.

I was wondering if there is something special about the flats, or if you were just getting at hunting at a group of oaks.

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: killemall] #1115004 12/18/09 08:04 PM
N
NETxHunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Originally Posted By: killemall
East Texas should have the biggest deer in the state, if for no other reason consistent rain fall, forage, and vegetation. I have a place my cousin and I own near longview. I is an outstanding looking piece of property. I don't hunt it because the scum bag neighbors sneak around and shoot every deer they see year round. I don't live there so it is hard to stop. Poaching is a huge problem in East Texas. If you have a large tract of land and can keep the idiots out the deer on that wall are attainable. And I don't think you will find a prettier area to hunt in. And by the way a guy does not get a wall like that shooting 2.5 year old deer. Great Job!

Let me know where you're place is. I'll help you keep an eye on it!! rifle Seriously if no one hunts it send me a PM maybe we can work something out. I want something closer than 1.5 hours from my house.

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: BAR940] #1115071 12/18/09 08:48 PM
H
Hunts_With_Stick Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
eek2
WOW.

My recommendations:

You need to slow down a bit man your way out of line and are lucky you not getting banned for being a smartace. You hadn't been here long enough to run your mouth at a couple guys that have been around this fire for over 4 years. You might want to go troll the green screen and leave us ol' boys alone.

BTW East Texas is a cool place to hunt until you get up in your blind and there is somebody already there.

Before you book travel go here>>>> www.sdc1.rovia.com <<<<
Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: Hunts_With_Stick] #1115184 12/18/09 09:52 PM
J
jbs8307 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
When i say oak flats i am just refering to groups of oaks among a pine stand. The reason they grow in the pine stand like that is the area holds too much water when it rains and the pines dont take. Our entire property is in the trinity river flood plain so there isnt a hill higher than a speed bump anywhere on the place. There are alot of swampy low lying areas all over the lease which no pines grow in. In our section of the lease there are two of these big oak flats and four of the five ten points killed in the last four years have come out of those woods. Maybe its just a coincidence.

Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: KennyLee] #1115297 12/18/09 10:41 PM
T
TexasVine Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
We have land in both East, Texas and the Hill Country. We have poaching problems in East Texas year round, we have none in the Hill Country. I believe the poaching situation is worse in an area that is covered with high deep timber. Much easier for the poachers to go undetected. Our buildings are often broken into in east Texas and there's not a lot you can do when your not there 24/7. I love the beauty and good people of both areas. It just unfortunate what we have experienced.

TexasVine
[Linked Image]
Re: Before all you guys bash east texas to much in these posts [Re: Hunts_With_Stick] #1115459 12/19/09 12:23 AM
B
BAR940 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Hunts_With_Stick
eek2
WOW.

My recommendations:

You need to slow down a bit man your way out of line and are lucky you not getting banned for being a smartace. You hadn't been here long enough to run your mouth at a couple guys that have been around this fire for over 4 years. You might want to go troll the green screen and leave us ol' boys alone.

BTW East Texas is a cool place to hunt until you get up in your blind and there is somebody already there.

Why would I get banned? I wasn't being a smartace, just expressing my opinions. And I don't consider me expressing my opinions or having a little rant trolling.

Been a lot of folks bashing East Texans on several threads here lately and I just had enough, so I flew off the handle. If I offended you or anyone else with that post I apologize. It's just when a few decide to stereotype all East Texans as a whole is what flew all over me. Not all of us are bad.

Someone was actually in your blind when you went to it? Dang! Some folks are incredibly brave or incredibly stupid. That is the main thing that scares me in the woods. If someone has enough gall to blatantly sit in someone elses' stand then they might be psycho enough to shoot the owner of it to stay out of trouble.

Me and my Dad hunted on the same 200 acre tract in Harrison Co. from 1980-1999 and never had a problem with poachers, people trespassing or someone burning down our hunting cabin. Not saying that it doesn't happen because it does.

Oathkeepers.org

28th State Militia
www.28thstatemilitia.com
Montague County 337th Jim Bowie Militia III%
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide