Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Slow Drifter] #1105866 12/15/09 12:26 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
Oh yeah, I forgot one rule (I'm the land owner) kill all the hogs and coyotes you want, but a bobcat will cost you $500.00 up front, for a friend. There are too many 'cats rotting in freezers cause the guy behind the trigger didn't know what a quality mount was gonna' cost when he shot it. I'll take your money, and your cat, and have it mounted any way you want. When it's done I'll deliver it or ship it to your house. I usually lose $100-$150 or so on the deal, but I'd rather shooters think twice before wasting a pretty animal like a bobcat. Kill a calf you just bought it by the pound x2 (for the trouble of hauling it up and weighing it).

I'll even go further than say that IMO, bobcats are the biggest "thrill kill" animal in the woods today. Some guys want to shoot one just for the pure thrill of it. In terms of creating a negative impact on other wildlife, racoons, possums, amadillos, and coyotes play a much greater role than bobcats.

And let's not forget foxes as another thrill kill animal. It's been several years since I've seen a fox in the wild.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: KBTXHunter] #1105871 12/15/09 12:27 AM
T
Texas_Hunting_Best Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted By: KBTXHunter
Hell I guess communism is more prevalent in Texas than I thought. All these rules are a joke.

Exactly what I was thinking. Makes me appreciate the lease I'm on so much more

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Texas_Hunting_Best] #1105978 12/15/09 01:06 AM
T
texaschef Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
our rules are as follows.

1.if you see the owner on the property stop and say hi.
2. you must log in at the main cabin as soon as you get on the property and log all activities. i.e. filling feeder or clearing brush
3. you are responsible for your hunting area (stands and feeders)
4. no guest on opening weekend of any season. dove deer or turkey
5. no alcohol allowed while you are on property to hunt. if your fishing no problem
6. if you are not there any other hunters can use your stand as long as they respect your stuff. like closing your windows.
7. burn your trash or take it with you.
8. keep all gates locked
9. turn the well off and drain the tank.

that's about all our rules

the no drinking during season doesn't bother me since i'm usually at the lease by myself and i don't like to drink alone

i hunt food, not trophies!
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: texaschef] #1106423 12/15/09 03:36 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Guess you wouldn't even want to see this.
Expectations of hunters on lease.
1. Be courteous and treat everyone how you would expect to be treated.
2. Everyone will maintain a minimum of one and a maximum of two feeder locations. Feeders must operate from October 15th through the end of deer season. You may feed year round if you choose.
3. You are allowed to hunt another’s locations with permission. Don’t assume ask. If you don’t allow permission, don’t expect it. If you hunt another hunters stand don’t leave trash, urine jugs or other things behind. You have permission to hunt mine unless I’m hunting there.
4. Everyone works. There will be scheduled work weekends and unscheduled work times. We are a group and will help to repair equipment, move stands, fix up camp etc. Your help is, not only appreciated but also expected.
5. Sharing of equipment, materials and supplies is normal but replace what you use. Bring toilet paper, paper plates, cups and plastic utensils. We all use them and we all should keep track of when we need them.
6. Most hunters turn in and rise early. If you wish to stay up late be courteous of those who turn in early.
7. Be safe with guns and ammo. Guns and alcohol do not go safely together. Safety is always job one, at work and the deer lease.
8. Have fun, kill your limit and kill a big one. Or a little one if that’s what you choose.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: passthru] #1106441 12/15/09 03:41 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: passthru
2. Everyone will maintain a minimum of one and a maximum of two feeder locations. Feeders must operate from October 15th through the end of deer season. You may feed year round if you choose.
3. You are allowed to hunt another’s locations with permission. Don’t assume ask. If you don’t allow permission, don’t expect it. If you hunt another hunters stand don’t leave trash, urine jugs or other things behind. You have permission to hunt mine unless I’m hunting there.
4. Everyone works. There will be scheduled work weekends and unscheduled work times. We are a group and will help to repair equipment, move stands, fix up camp etc. Your help is, not only appreciated but also expected.
5. Sharing of equipment, materials and supplies is normal but replace what you use. Bring toilet paper, paper plates, cups and plastic utensils. We all use them and we all should keep track of when we need them.
6. Most hunters turn in and rise early. If you wish to stay up late be courteous of those who turn in early.
7. Be safe with guns and ammo. Guns and alcohol do not go safely together. Safety is always job one, at work and the deer lease.
8. Have fun, kill your limit and kill a big one. Or a little one if that’s what you choose.

Sounds like a good lease to me.

Just curious. How often do you find yourself looking for someone to fill an opening?

Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Texas Dan] #1106517 12/15/09 04:03 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Well given the quality of the last two leases we have been on it is more prevalent but we usually don't have to twist arms. I hunt with guys I have known a long time and some of their children too. It is a great group.

NRA Life Member
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: passthru] #1106616 12/15/09 04:34 AM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Been a lease manager for over 15 years now. Would be happy to share our regs with anyone interested . Just PM me. Just dont feel like typing them out. I can tell you this, what makes it all work is that we all know each other very well, and if there is a newbie (which has happened a couple times)you can tell pretty quick how interested and serious they are. Our latest newbie (4 years now on the lease) always calls me before heading out, always fills the log book, fills feeders, replaces batteries, trims trees, cleans the cabin, etc... without ever asking or whining. Our group ranges in age from 28 - 83 years old. Call us lucky I guess. The last time we had an opening I spent around 5 hours on the phone with the guy, plus a half day in person showing him the property. I also had a the youngest member and the oldest member of the lease with me during the property tour. To me this said two things, one - we are serious about who we invite on the lease (i.e interest by other members)and that we must all get along as we will be spending alot of time together.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Halfadozen] #1106648 12/15/09 04:48 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: gljshh
Been a lease manager for over 15 years now. Would be happy to share our regs with anyone interested . Just PM me. Just dont feel like typing them out. I can tell you this, what makes it all work is that we all know each other very well, and if there is a newbie (which has happened a couple times)you can tell pretty quick how interested and serious they are. Our latest newbie (4 years now on the lease) always calls me before heading out, always fills the log book, fills feeders, replaces batteries, trims trees, cleans the cabin, etc... without ever asking or whining. Our group ranges in age from 28 - 83 years old. Call us lucky I guess. The last time we had an opening I spent around 5 hours on the phone with the guy, plus a half day in person showing him the property. I also had a the youngest member and the oldest member of the lease with me during the property tour. To me this said two things, one - we are serious about who we invite on the lease (i.e interest by other members)and that we must all get along as we will be spending alot of time together.

So it's been four years since you last had an opening on your lease. Sounds like the right place for the right people to hunt.

Thanks for sharing.

Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Texas Dan] #1106700 12/15/09 05:04 AM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: Dan in Spring
Originally Posted By: gljshh

So it's been four years since you last had an opening on your lease. Sounds like the right place for the right people to hunt.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Dan, it really is about a shared objective (managing the deer herd to the best of our ability) and mutual respect! We just dont have issues anymore. When I had one 5 years ago - which prompted the latest opening - I had to boot the guy off the lease. I learned my lesson, just don't know if he did!

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Halfadozen] #1106813 12/15/09 06:45 AM
H
Hustler Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Our rules are no heavy metal past 2 a.m and no intrevaneous drug use.Period. no more than 10 guests at a time, and shoot the first deer you see. drinking is fine after breakfast!

You don't have to be the fastest or the best, you just have to be willing!
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: jbvsbv] #1106831 12/15/09 07:37 AM
M
mideon2000 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Its all about the people you have on the lease. Don't have Obnoxious guy, drunk guy, stingy guy and lazy guy on your leases and the rule list magically lessens. Same thing with guests they bring if you allow it. If you would no way in hell room with any of the people for an extended period of time then you might want to find some new hunters because pissy attitudes and babysitting irresponsible people is not many people's idea of a relxaing weekend outdoors.

I only lie when I tell the truth.
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: passthru] #1106983 12/15/09 02:04 PM
G
Gigemags05 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: passthru

Those all sound like great rules to me. Sounds like you have a good thing going.

Those rules look good to me. I don't have a problem with a single one of those.

Last edited by Gigemags05; 12/15/09 02:07 PM.
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: passthru] #1106986 12/15/09 02:08 PM
Mr. Clean Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
If you find guys you are equally partnered with you need no rules. Our lease is great...we all work hard, all get along and we all fall down every once in a while. LOL!

Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Mr. Clean] #1107008 12/15/09 02:22 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
No drinking in deer camp......why go?!?!?!

Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Jasb] #1107020 12/15/09 02:31 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
We have been lucky to lease the same place for 23 years. His family doesn't hunt and he lets us make our own rules as far as shooting deer. We do sign a liability waiver each year and if someone brings a minor child, both parents must sign the liability waiver.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Hustler] #1107042 12/15/09 02:45 PM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C
Originally Posted By: Hustler
Our rules are no heavy metal past 2 a.m and no intrevaneous drug use.Period. no more than 10 guests at a time, and shoot the first deer you see. drinking is fine after breakfast!

banana2

Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Curly] #1107069 12/15/09 02:55 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
The only reason we have anything is because we have taken in some younger and less experienced hunters the last couple of years and they asked for some rules.

NRA Life Member
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: passthru] #1108525 12/16/09 12:29 AM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I think the rules that the landowner states in the contract are the only one's that should be written in stone, and the lease foreman should also have a few rules, for safety, and just to prevent hard fellings, and to be fair, but he can be a bit more flexible.

If you've ever been on a few leases, you know that it only takes one jerk, and every lease has at least one, to turn what should be an enjoyable hunt, into something pretty miserable if you don't have a few common sense rules to head off any problems.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Hustler] #1108841 12/16/09 02:29 AM
K
KBTXHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Hustler

This made me realize we do have some lease rules.
1. Nobody goes through the gate without a minimum of a case a beer and a 5th of whiskey, preferably crown or makers mark. 1st guy up in the morning makes the bloody marys.
2. We alternate who supplies the advil.
3. Everybody must be packin heat around the camp. This keeps everybody in line.
4. Our resident reefer expert knows to stay downwind of those of us who have good jobs and must take the occasional random.
5. When you go out to the chit tree, you must bury the evidence and the paper.
6. Absolutely nobody goes to bed before midnight.
7. Abide by the game laws set forth by the state of Texas.
8. If you choose to go out spotlighting hogs, you are required to have a backup spotlight and plenty of tin soldiers as so not to lose your buzz.
9. Everybody helps the drunk guy out when he's cleaning his kill.
10. Take out all trash when you leave.

All of these rules and we still manage to have a good time and leave the land just as it was 10 years ago when the lease manager 1st aquired it. Go figure. cheers up

Last edited by KBTXHunter; 12/16/09 02:30 AM.

Low Expectations Championship Smokers
"Look Good Doin' It..."
Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: KBTXHunter] #1108884 12/16/09 02:40 AM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C
banana2 cheers clap

Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Curly] #1108889 12/16/09 02:42 AM
B
B-swit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
most of my leases rules are beyond stupid so ill save yall the trouble

Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: B-swit] #1108915 12/16/09 02:51 AM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C

Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Curly] #3075872 03/09/12 02:09 AM
B
BLUERIBBONS Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
X

Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: BLUERIBBONS] #3076710 03/09/12 01:49 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Passthru lease rules sound good to me - something I could always count on as opposed to what the rules were on my last lease.

I followed all the rules, work, filling of feeders, hunting only my blind, hung the blind key in the camphouse, bought goods for the camp, etc. but the others did not follow the same and they drank after breakfast until that night and even taking booze with them in the blind. I called them on it for the saftey factor and they thought I was being ridiculous. Then they did not allow guests, especially kids to come or if they did go to camp, they MUST stay at camp while you're hunting. I got off before I paid that year and have saved $1100 lease fee, travel, etc. for the past 5 years and hunt just as much as I did then.

Re: What are you lease rules? [Re: Gigemags05] #3076876 03/09/12 02:31 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
1. Keep the gates closed
2. Trophy Deer: 8 pointers must score 120, 9 pointers 125 and 10 points or more must score 130
3. All the doe you can legally shoot
4. All the culls you can legally shoot
5. Kids and guest can shoot all the doe and culls they can legally shoot
6. Trophy Deer shot by a guest/kid counts as your deer
7. Non-payin members must hunt with a paying hunter
8. To hunt a feeder, you must have a working feeder. To hunt a blind, you must have a useable blind. You have first right to your stand, but all rifle stands are open.
9. Deer hunting comes first. Dove, duck, predators, etc are secondary and must be worked out around the deer hunters.
10. Only bow hunt your stands unless you have permission
11. Carry out your trash each weekend
12. This is not a "trophy" lease, it is a "fun/family" lease.

Most of us have been on the lease a long time and know each other well. New people learn pretty quick. People can drive around during the day, drink beer if they want, we all help each other and all pitch in. Lease members are all grown folks, so they are expected to be responsible for themselves. If an issue arises with any member, we will approach it directly and resolve it quickly.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide