Forums46
Topics538,257
Posts9,734,894
Members87,077
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: JDavis7873] #1093040 12/09/09 03:20 PM
K
killemall Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
She did the best she could to fix it. She did not charge you. What more do you want. Nobody is perfect I think you should judge a bussiness on how they fix a mistake not that they made one, because they all do. Is there something she could have done more so you would not bash them on a popular forum? Maybe if she just gave you the keys to her bussiness would you be happy then. My guess is you would still whine.

Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: JDavis7873] #1093043 12/09/09 03:21 PM
R
RYNO wheels Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Here's a soltuion. You shot it, you process it..... They did you right. I read your blog, and "ripped off" seems a bit harsh.......

I think this may be more of an advertisement for your blog than anything else......

[Linked Image]
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: john.sharp] #1093050 12/09/09 03:24 PM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"
Originally Posted By: john.sharp
Well it's the point. They did not give me all the meat, and you guys are more forgiving than me.

Holy Cow.....you get free meat processed and your pissed off about a mistake....
I have a $3000 dollar bill on grass that hasn't even come up yet and instead of tearing up my check they are just sending me another 750lbs of seed.....

I think in your situation I would be VERY happy at what they did for you....
Accidents happen...and they are the one that caught the mistake..... I would take my business there any day of the week over something like that......

Spend time with the ones you love. Time is not guaranteed.
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: kwrhuntinglab] #1093057 12/09/09 03:26 PM
L
Leonardo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Amazing. That is all I have to say.

Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: JDavis7873] #1094405 12/09/09 11:10 PM
T
Texas_Hunting_Best Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
I read your post on your website, you should change the title to "Honest Customer Service" and leave the rest of the post the way it is because I don't see a dam thing wrong with the way she handled this situation. SHE brought it to your attention and didn't wait for you to go all the way back home, find the error and have to drive back. Thanks for the post, now I know who I should take my next deer to.

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: john.sharp] #1094664 12/10/09 01:24 AM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
The point is one of her employees made a mistake. She did all she could to make it right with you in a very honest and professional way. Some employee may have lost their job right before Christmas. Sure hope not over an honest mistake.

Last edited by KG68; 12/10/09 02:28 AM.
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: Hunts_With_Stick] #1095618 12/10/09 02:50 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
"You can assume I was not very happy. She told me that they are very sorry and to bring my business back in the future and they tore my check up. I’ll let you be the judge if I should return or not."

As the judge, I'd say, yes, you should without a doubt give them more business. You're welcome for the advice.

Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: cameron00] #1095665 12/10/09 03:08 PM
C
CinchMan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
They made a mistake but they did the best they could to make it right, its not like they gave you the box and made you pay without saying anything and letting you catch, the woman caught it and immediatly made it right, give em another shot. Specially if the meat they did give you for FREE is good.

Say When.....
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: CinchMan] #1095684 12/10/09 03:17 PM
H
hogmess Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Mistakes happen!!!! Learn to proccess it yourself if you dont want mistakes to happen. They atleast made it right. COME ON!!!!

Fire Up The Grill Cuz Huntin' Aint Catch And Release
[16. Signature images may not be larger than 600 pixels wide by 125 pixels tall]
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: hogmess] #1095696 12/10/09 03:22 PM
G
Gigemags05 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
I believe the people have spoken...

John.sharp, what are you going to do?

Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: Gigemags05] #1095712 12/10/09 03:30 PM
D
DENTPUSHA Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Gigemags05
I believe the people have spoken...

John.sharp, what are you going to do?

He must have a mouth full of that free bacon

Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: DENTPUSHA] #1095719 12/10/09 03:31 PM
G
Gigemags05 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
I was thinking crow.

Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: DENTPUSHA] #1095720 12/10/09 03:32 PM
T
Texaswolf Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
rofl popcorn

Well???

" If you dont know what your doing, it's best to do it quickly"....Jase Robertson
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: Texaswolf] #1095732 12/10/09 03:37 PM
O
OFBHWG Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
O
We seem to be in a society now that expects perfection for everyone but ourselves.

Sounds like she is a stand up lady to me.

When you need a Piano moved there is always someone around to help you with the stool!
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: john.sharp] #1095767 12/10/09 03:49 PM
K
Koolhandthehuntingman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
John,

I agree with most folks here - they were honest. (%*&# happens!) Bad blogs can hurt a business. Save it for companies that really deserve it.

I run a remodeling business and have done over 1200 remodels and out of that, I probably have 3-5 disatisfied customers. I can tell you with all my heart, that I did everything I could to satisfy the customer but you just can't satisfy everyone.

By the way out of the 1200 customers most would do business with me again and over all there are about 10 customers that I would NOT want to do work for again.

Where I am going with this is that out of the 1200 or so customers, rarely do the happy ones says anyhing - on the web or anywhere else but the upset customers post blogs on the web that are generally not fair.

Yours is one that is not fair.

WOULD YOU HAVE WRITTEN A HUGE BLOG THAT SAID THEY DID A GREAT JOB? PROBABLY NOT.

You should change the post.

If you are going to do it, give it your best!
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: Koolhandthehuntingman] #1095785 12/10/09 03:56 PM
T
Texaswolf Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Koolhandthehuntingman
John,

I agree with most folks here - they were honest. (%*&# happens!) Bad blogs can hurt a business. Save it for companies that really deserve it.

I run a remodeling business and have done over 1200 remodels and out of that, I probably have 3-5 disatisfied customers. I can tell you with all my heart, that I did everything I could to satisfy the customer but you just can't satisfy everyone.

By the way out of the 1200 customers most would do business with me again and over all there are about 10 customers that I would NOT want to do work for again.

Where I am going with this is that out of the 1200 or so customers, rarely do the happy ones says anyhing - on the web or anywhere else but the upset customers post blogs on the web that are generally not fair.

Yours is one that is not fair.

WOULD YOU HAVE WRITTEN A HUGE BLOG THAT SAID THEY DID A GREAT JOB? PROBABLY NOT.

You should change the post.

X2

" If you dont know what your doing, it's best to do it quickly"....Jase Robertson
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: Texaswolf] #1096724 12/10/09 11:03 PM
P
passthru Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
John is curiously silent. It amazes me the # of folks who post asking for the opinion of the masses then get mad or argumentative when they can't accept they were probably wrong in the first place. 2cents

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: JDavis7873] #1097003 12/11/09 01:21 AM
J
john.sharp Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
I guess first impresions stick with you. I don't know if I'm going back there or not. They did do the right thing by not charging me for the misplaced meat.

I wonder if you only had a chance at one buck and that's all you got. You hope from the deer you harvested will provide meat all year long. Yet, only to recieve half of your order would make any one of you mad and if it doesn't then you don't care about eating deer meat and just hunting them.

The Huntin Cabin, Everything about the outdoors!
www.thehuntincabin.com
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: john.sharp] #1097019 12/11/09 01:32 AM
Brandon972 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Not exactlly the kind of advertisement you wanted for your blog huh ?? confused2

Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: john.sharp] #1097396 12/11/09 03:44 AM
P
passthru Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: john.sharp
I guess first impresions stick with you. I don't know if I'm going back there or not. They did do the right thing by not charging me for the misplaced meat.

I wonder if you only had a chance at one buck and that's all you got. You hope from the deer you harvested will provide meat all year long. Yet, only to recieve half of your order would make any one of you mad and if it doesn't then you don't care about eating deer meat and just hunting them.

Nope. Met a long haired rocker on a bow lease in Llano 20 years ago. Eating beanie weenies and crackers in camp. Pissed off the lease manager jerks first thing. Played with every snake he found and had NA buttons all over his truck. My older mentor friend kept inviting him to eat with us. My friend is a heck of a cook and we had plenty. Next thing you know he wants me to ride to stand and back with him while he took my truck to the other end of the lease. Making things easier. I was off balance to say the least.

20 years later that long haired bow hunter is still my friend. Hair's not so long and we don't see each other much because of distance but he is still my friend. Grandma always said "don't let your first impression be your last". Glad I didn't.

My first impression is they screwed up, admitted and did their best to make it right. I've seen a whole lot worse out of processors and other businesses. The honesty alone is enough to try them again. After that you may have a better impression.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: passthru] #1097431 12/11/09 03:55 AM
K
Koolhandthehuntingman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
John, they did not lose a trophy deer head - it was a pig for crying out loud. You can get those most any time of the year in many parts of Texas and the nation for that matter.

You must not be able to tell that NO ONE HERE AGREES with you. Get upset, Get over it and move on!

If you are going to do it, give it your best!
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: Koolhandthehuntingman] #1097512 12/11/09 04:24 AM
J
john.sharp Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
J
One last thing and we'll let it go....

Would it change your opinion if I told you that I mentioned this at my office and one of my employees said that the same processer lost some of her deer meat?

I don't think I bashed them at all. I told the true story of what happened. I clearly said that they did not charge me. They lost it and they did what they could to make it right. My question was simply would you go back after that?

It's interesting to see the gang up mentality on a forum. I posted this on another board and it went the complete opposite direction. Thanks for the comments either way.

The Huntin Cabin, Everything about the outdoors!
www.thehuntincabin.com
Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: john.sharp] #1097516 12/11/09 04:25 AM
B
bigdavehunting Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
What ifs, It was a hog and a hog is what it was. Go get another hog. If it were a deer or exotic you would have a different complaint. It is what it is. Its your choice where to spend your money. Id give them another chance, if they have always done you right before and Im not sure any of the other ones would of processed it for you free. They probable would of adjusted the price though. You can hunt hogs anytime, good luck. One time I gave 2 does to one of the Abilene area processers, and before I left, I thought, Id buy some summer sausage (2 links) He said that will be 12. dollars. I left thinking see if I ever give you another deer much less 2. I know he didnt have to give it to me, but, it seems like buying 2 he might give and me an extra one, wrong. I wasnt mad because I didnt go in to get something for the does or to get something free. I was just shocked. I think they did you well. Id give them another shot. I have not ever used Archa's

Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: bigdavehunting] #1098594 12/11/09 06:19 PM
A
amick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
A
IMO...I was not able to read the blog, the link or my computer was not working so, without that I say if they did all they could and were honest about it, give them another shot. If you liked the way the meat was cut, etc, that you did receive. As far as it "only" being a hog, I think that is another point of view. A trophy is in the eye of the beholder. Some people pay good money to go on a 'Texas Hog Hunt'. Some only get one weekend a year to hunt. Some get to go every day on a high fenced South Texas Ranch where a guide might tell you exactly what animal to shoot. Not everybody has the chance (because of family, work, etc) to just go out and get another one. Sometimes it's not that easy.
So, short story long..........it's up to you.

Re: Picked my hog up from the Processor and not Satisfied [Re: SMitchell462] #1098727 12/11/09 06:55 PM
D
deewayne2003 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
I have had problems with processors before the this is one I would LOVE to have!

Take in a hog and get 30lbs free processed, not a bad deal at all.

I was at Kuby's one time when a guy was pissed about not getting all his meat and I thought he was about to do a back flip there on the loading dock.

I asked the guy working the counter at Kuby's how many deer they did a year ...."between 7,000-9,000" ....WOW!!! and any one handling that volume will make mistakes...Its just how they handle them that makes the difference.

IF the processor brought it to your attention and didnt charge you, then I say they derserve a pat on the back and some loyal business. After reading this post if I was near that processor I would use them now.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide