Forums46
Topics538,237
Posts9,734,669
Members87,075
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: dfwfirefighter] #1069750 11/30/09 04:16 AM
J
JTDavis, Jr Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Your insinuation would be?

Last edited by Davis, Jr; 11/30/09 04:17 AM.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: Angie B] #1069752 11/30/09 04:16 AM
J
junfan68 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Quote:
Originally Posted By: junfan68
A chocolate derby dog with 140+ points is better than a 2XNFC?

Are you crazy?

What color is the sky in your world?

Why don't you go run Red River in two weeks and show us what you got?

You are just a babe in this sport....

You have no idea....

I don't have to be at Red River,,, but maybe you need to be.

Running the Amateur are you???

Angie

I will be there. Not running the Amateur, but running the qualifying. Why don't you bring one of your dogs and run the Qual, and beat up on the rest of us dumbasses. I will take my dog in the Q with me running it over any of your dogs with you running it. It's just an hour away.

Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: dfwfirefighter] #1069769 11/30/09 04:20 AM
J
JTDavis, Jr Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted By: dfwfirefighter
not taking Angie side bcause I dont know her but after looking at her site she is a pro trainer, she cant have many of her own dogs. you can only train so many a day and if they are all your own dogs you wont make money with clients dogs.

So much a pro that she feels the need to attack other people? Highly UN-professional.
And yes I only have two posts - I have been 'lurking' around this board for a little while never feeling it necessary to make a post, until now. Like I said before, there is no need for all that negativity. smile

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: JTDavis, Jr] #1069778 11/30/09 04:22 AM
A
Angie B Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Quote:

Angie,

Yes, you are attacking Dawn and I believe it would be out of jealousy. She has two, count them T-W-O, litters of pups retrieving to hand. You have none, count those dogs again... wait you CAN'T count them because YOU DON'T HAVE THEM!
And after looking through your site I saw but maybe TWO dogs that you actually owned - what are you riding on other folk's pedigrees? :eek2
There is no need for all your negative literature; lighten up. smile

*sheesh*

JT Davis Jr.

You need to look at my web-site again and really, really look at it....

Believe me,,, I'm not jealous of dawn...

Though she does need to get health clearances on her breeding stock,,, at the very least...

Angie

"Developing the Potential"
www.tiogaretrievers.com
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: junfan68] #1069785 11/30/09 04:25 AM
A
Angie B Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Quote:
A chocolate derby dog with 140+ points is better than a 2XNFC?

Are you crazy?

What color is the sky in your world?

Why don't you go run Red River in two weeks and show us what you got?

You are just a babe in this sport....

You have no idea....

I don't have to be at Red River,,, but maybe you need to be.

Running the Amateur are you???

Angie

I will be there. Not running the Amateur, but running the qualifying. Why don't you bring one of your dogs and run the Qual, and beat up on the rest of us dumbasses. I will take my dog in the Q with me running it over any of your dogs with you running it. It's just an hour away.

Why the Q?? She's already QAA???

Come on,,, get your big boy shorts on.... Bill will talk you through it and Boley will hold your hand....

Angie

"Developing the Potential"
www.tiogaretrievers.com
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: dfwfirefighter] #1069799 11/30/09 04:31 AM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
not taking Angie side bcause I dont know her but after looking at her site she is a pro trainer, she cant have many of her own dogs. you can only train so many a day and if they are all your own dogs you wont make money with clients dogs.

I don't know her either... all the more reason to wonder why the hostility toward me. And if she is a 'pro'... does that mean she needs only to know about dealing with dogs and not human beings? I honestly would never take a beloved canine companion and entrust him or her in the hands of someone spewing so much venom. I prefer to deal with people who are reasonable, pleasant, cooperative and interested in more than just their own opinion. As for making money, I believe the Lord blesses where there is honor, integrity & good intent. When one does what one loves, the money is secondary... but it comes. When money is the motivating force, how could the dogs and their welfare not become secondary? Besides, shouldn't a pro have a staff on hand?

Anyway, this thread was supposed to be about dog color and I've never seen such animosity... and over what? Dogs, which we supposedly all love. Well, I for one put my love for dogs above my pride and politely step out. Angie or whatever her name is... is now free to rant all over this post to her heart's content. Adeau...

IRON SPIKE RANCH & KENNELS
Started & Prospective Gun Dog Pups
http://www.youtube.com/ironspikeranch
http://ironspikeranch.net
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: Angie B] #1069800 11/30/09 04:32 AM
J
junfan68 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Angie,
You notice that all the big time trainers are never behind the keyboard like you always are. That's why they are placing and winning in 100 dog opens while you bat about 25% in Senior Hunter & Master Hunter tests.

I will admit I got a good laugh when 3 or 4 of the top field trial pros who were laughing at you at a trial this past spring. One of the top ones was like "who is this Angie Becker who is always talking about everything on the internet".

Like I said, bring your dogs out and shut me up. Oh I forgot, you'll be posting on the internet.

Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: Angie B] #1069809 11/30/09 04:34 AM
J
JTDavis, Jr Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted By: Angie B
Quote:

Angie,

Yes, you are attacking Dawn and I believe it would be out of jealousy. She has two, count them T-W-O, litters of pups retrieving to hand. You have none, count those dogs again... wait you CAN'T count them because YOU DON'T HAVE THEM!
And after looking through your site I saw but maybe TWO dogs that you actually owned - what are you riding on other folk's pedigrees? :eek2
There is no need for all your negative literature; lighten up. smile

*sheesh*

JT Davis Jr.

You need to look at my web-site again and really, really look at it....

Believe me,,, I'm not jealous of dawn...

Though she does need to get health clearances on her breeding stock,,, at the very least...

Angie

Did it ever occur to you there is no PI - I'm saying that because my dogs are not PI'd and therefore their results cannot be found online with OFA. I honestly never would stick a microship into any of my animals, friggin government can stay the heck outta my place!

This is like beating a dead horse... obviously your skull is too thick to allow room for other people to be. So I will no longer stand in the way of you throwing your tantrum and trying to discredit a breeder and trainer. laugh

Have fun!

Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: Angie B] #1069810 11/30/09 04:35 AM
J
junfan68 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Quote:

Why the Q?? She's already QAA???

Angie

Because I'm new and trying to get better. The qual is not just about the dog, it's also a place for handlers to gain experience before they run the amateurs or opens.

And, because my dog is not ready for all-age yet.

Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: junfan68] #1069811 11/30/09 04:36 AM
J
JTDavis, Jr Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Angie,
You notice that all the big time trainers are never behind the keyboard like you always are. That's why they are placing and winning in 100 dog opens while you bat about 25% in Senior Hunter & Master Hunter tests.

I will admit I got a good laugh when 3 or 4 of the top field trial pros who were laughing at you at a trial this past spring. One of the top ones was like "who is this Angie Becker who is always talking about everything on the internet".

Like I said, bring your dogs out and shut me up. Oh I forgot, you'll be posting on the internet.

^^^Funny Post^^^

Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: Angie B] #1069856 11/30/09 04:53 AM
T
TreeBass Offline
Old Weller
Old Weller
T
Originally Posted By: IronSpikeLabs
We breed then train pups, so we know their parents' genetics, the training that goes into them and how they go on to perform. Same parents, same environment, same training, same gene pool. In this tiny 'controlled population' I see nothing that implies color has anything to do with performance.

CURRENT LITTER:
2 black males; 1 black female
2 choco males; 1 choco female
2 yellow males; 1 yellow female
1 'cream' (yellow) male; 1'cream' (yellow) female

Pups' current performance:
1 black male driven, 1 black male 'pet', 1 female fair
1 choco male driven, 1 choco male fair, 1 choco female driven
2 yellow males driven; 1 yellow female hard wired
1 cream male driven; 1 cream female driven

Sire is chocolate, dam is black. Their litter last year produced no chocolate, and twice as many yellow as black. All the black were driven, the yellow were driven with two hard-wired. No 'pets' last year. Based on this, the yellow are at 100%, black at 83% and chocolate at 66% in performance.

2nd LITTER: Yellow sire & chocolate dam, pups all black:
1 hard wired
5 driven
2 pets

75% in performance. This tells me that performance ultimately boils down to the individual pup. Unless you want to go out on a limb and suggest that yellow is the best performer...

Show us some health clearances on your stock and a pedigree and maybe we'll take you seriously???

Oh and by the way.... puppies retrieving to hand at 4-6 months out of water is no big deal.....
Angie

actually it is, since most on this board are hunters, and not field trialers. i have nothing against the FT folks, and think its cool to watch a good dog work. But, if my girls bring them to me, and I don't have to swim, I'm good with that up

Originally Posted By: Davis, Jr

So much a pro that she feels the need to attack other people? Highly UN-professional.
And yes I only have two posts - I have been 'lurking' around this board for a little while never feeling it necessary to make a post, until now. Like I said before, there is no need for all that negativity. smile

Great post clap clap

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others...

Like the THF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
Grizzly Coolers
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: TreeBass] #1069968 11/30/09 06:03 AM
D
Double_Drop_Tines Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
rofl popcorn

Hunting is more to me than Antlers on the wall. It's more about the memories you make, and sharing those memories with friends, and family.
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: Double_Drop_Tines] #1070026 11/30/09 08:37 AM
M
Motownfire Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Wow this got interesting fast. My Black female lab was free from my neighbors litter (mom and dad were both akc registered if that makes a difference). She is a little over one year old now and has turned out to be the smartest and most driven dog I have ever seen. She has been great to train and nothing gets her all jacked up on mountain dew like retrieving. It doesn't matter if it's a waded up paper towel from the bathroom trash can or a duck/dove I just blasted out of the sky.

It's luck of the draw with puppies, but for the most part labs tend to turn out to be great dogs when trained well by the owner/trainer.

18' Aluminacraft Center Console W/ 90HP Yamaha
Remington 870 Wingmaster Bought in 1971
"I dont like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: Motownfire] #1070050 11/30/09 12:04 PM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
wow, a topic about color turned into a topic about "my dog can beat up your dog". way to go guys.

btw, yellows are the smartest. she has no papers, no health clearance, no title, no nothin. She doesnt even have a fancy dancy name, just her call name "Avery". just a plain jane dog that happens to be yellow, and i think she is the smartest dog in the whole wide world.

delivering to hand in water at 9 weeks:

fetchin up my ducks a year later:

Originally Posted By: RoosterCogburn13
I like spoonie, his humor is dryer than my duck lease.
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: ishootspoonies] #1070055 11/30/09 12:19 PM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
oh, and silver comes in second.

Originally Posted By: RoosterCogburn13
I like spoonie, his humor is dryer than my duck lease.
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: ishootspoonies] #1070118 11/30/09 01:43 PM
S
sallysue Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Dogs Wait to see mine . Found her 9 years ago hiding uder my riding lawn mower. Have no ideal what she is . Thoughts of taking her to Pet Co and do a D/A on her for 70 bucks . But might find out stuff that I maybe be better off not knowing. She's probable hunted more than the average hunting dog and done good. So breed and color sometimes don't make any difference just makes your odds better.

Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: ishootspoonies] #1070189 11/30/09 02:29 PM
D
Double_Drop_Tines Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: ishootspoonies

Now wait a minute there bud! duel Second really? loco LOL. IMO you should buy what ever color you fancy.

Hunting is more to me than Antlers on the wall. It's more about the memories you make, and sharing those memories with friends, and family.
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: Double_Drop_Tines] #1070341 11/30/09 03:31 PM
H
Hooligan Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
chocolates are by far the most intelligent dogs. I haven't worked mine in a field in a couple years but he's been working search and rescue and hospitals in CA until we just moved to Texas a couple months ago.

Really any dog is the best, who else is always excited to see you when you get home from work after a long day. My best bud can put a smile on my face no matter how bad it gets. Thats a smart dog.

Last edited by haryan; 11/30/09 04:30 PM.

Militavi Non Sine Gloria
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: ishootspoonies] #1070494 11/30/09 04:28 PM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
wow, a topic about color turned into a topic about "my dog can beat up your dog". way to go guys.

btw, yellows are the smartest. she has no papers, no health clearance, no title, no nothin. She doesnt even have a fancy dancy name, just her call name "Avery". just a plain jane dog that happens to be yellow, and i think she is the smartest dog in the whole wide world.

AWESOME... I love her already! Great post - great pics! Thanks for sharing...

Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: Double_Drop_Tines] #1070507 11/30/09 04:36 PM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Double_Drop_Tines

Now wait a minute there bud! duel Second really? loco LOL. IMO you should buy what ever color you fancy.

Then again, sometimes the dog fancies YOU... and home s/he goes! We once took in a rescue... chocolate with motley yellow patches everywhere and mottled yellow/chocolate jaws, paws and tail tip. Crooked jaw, missing teeth. I said he was so ugly, he was a dog "only his mother could love." Well, his mama and me, I guess. He was great! Ugly as all get-out, but all heart! Hmmmmm.... wonder if the smarts came from the chocolate or the yellow patches... nidea

Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: TreeBass] #1070549 11/30/09 04:45 PM
C
Chet Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
+1

Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: Chet] #1070599 11/30/09 04:59 PM
F
First_Chance Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
i think gr_elliott needs to go to timeout for this thread... bang

[Linked Image]
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: First_Chance] #1070603 11/30/09 05:00 PM
garrett Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: First_Chance
i think gr_elliott needs to go to timeout for this... bang

hey, I didn't tell everyone to go crazy rofl

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #1070611 11/30/09 05:04 PM
F
fowlplayr Offline
Shenanigans Scorecard keeper
Shenanigans Scorecard keeper
F
We breed then train pups, so we know their parents' genetics, the training that goes into them and how they go on to perform. Same parents, same environment, same training, same gene pool. In this tiny 'controlled population' I see nothing that implies color has anything to do with performance.

CURRENT LITTER:
2 black males; 1 black female
2 choco males; 1 choco female
2 yellow males; 1 yellow female
1 'cream' (yellow) male; 1'cream' (yellow) female

Pups' current performance:
1 black male driven, 1 black male 'pet', 1 female fair
1 choco male driven, 1 choco male fair, 1 choco female driven
2 yellow males driven; 1 yellow female hard wired
1 cream male driven; 1 cream female driven

Sire is chocolate, dam is black. Their litter last year produced no chocolate, and twice as many yellow as black. All the black were driven, the yellow were driven with two hard-wired. No 'pets' last year. Based on this, the yellow are at 100%, black at 83% and chocolate at 66% in performance.

2nd LITTER: Yellow sire & chocolate dam, pups all black:
1 hard wired
5 driven
2 pets

75% in performance. This tells me that performance ultimately boils down to the individual pup. Unless you want to go out on a limb and suggest that yellow is the best performer...

Show us some health clearances on your stock and a pedigree and maybe we'll take you seriously???

Oh and by the way.... puppies retrieving to hand at 4-6 months out of water is no big deal.....

Angie

I've seen your response and comments toward other breeders and they were not too different from the tone of your comment above. The hostility is hard to fathom, but since I am not here to compete with anyone or defend myself against unwarranted attacks, I will decline to comment on my operation as it needs no justfication. I am not here to attack or discredit other breeders or lovers of Labs - that would be in poor taste, let alone unprofessional. However, I love the dogs and we have a lot of fun with them while blessing others with great hunting companions and making friends along the way. Now, I've made my contribution to this thread in good faith (and good taste) and propose that others would do well to do the same. Nothing is gained by attempts to create animosity, especially at a site where all (most) are united by a mutual passion and appreciation for sport and sport dogs. May the remainder of your evening be of more pleasant, positive, peaceful thoughts. Regards, Dawn

x2. That's all Angie does in any of her posts - run down others. That is also why I will never personally buy, train, or refer anyone to Tioga Retrievers.

Re: what color lab is the best... [Re: fowlplayr] #1070636 11/30/09 05:13 PM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Quote:

x2. That's all Angie does in any of her posts - run down others. That is also why I will never personally buy, train, or refer anyone to Tioga Retrievers.

Thank you for that. Isn't it really all about just getting out there with that special bud (of ANY color) and making some awesome memories to cherish? My greatest joy is watching a pup grow & learn to do what he was born & bred for. My second is 'match-making'... finding that person the pup will admire and adore for the rest of his days. If I couldn't do the latter, there'd be no point in the former. paw

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide