Print Thread
Lease rules/guidelines #1050618 11/20/09 03:02 PM
C
Cokeguy101 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
I am on a lease for the first time this year. I was wondering how many of you are on leases that have rules set by a lease manager type person. If so what are they and what is unreasonable. Mine is asking that guests, shoot does, pigs, turkey and varmints only. He is also saying one guest per hunter at a time. Nothing seems out of line to me, but just curious what rules/guidelines others have in place.

Re: Lease rules/guidelines [Re: Cokeguy101] #1050633 11/20/09 03:08 PM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I think its best if the group makes the call on the rules. The lease manager should be there to talk to the landowner or ranch manager.

Re: Lease rules/guidelines [Re: Cokeguy101] #1050634 11/20/09 03:09 PM
R
Redneck_Hunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Our guest policy was voted on by all members a few years back and everyone agreed that you could have one guest at a time per member after opening weekend, and that the guest hunted off of the members tags. That's not saying the member had to tag the deer, but the member was sharing his limit. We have two does, 1 buck 13" or greater, and 1 unbranched antler per member. Most members allow their guests to shoot a doe or an unbranched antler because they save the 13" or greater for themselves.

And yes, the member must be present, and the guests can take all the hogs they want. We also have a couple of stands that are setup that we typically use for guest stands.

Last edited by Redneck_Hunter; 11/20/09 03:11 PM.
Re: Lease rules/guidelines [Re: Redneck_Hunter] #1050656 11/20/09 03:17 PM
C
Cokeguy101 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
Who pays for those guests stands? Is that something yo ubuild into the lease fee?

I just thought it was odd, they wanted to have guests shoot cull bucks. Granted the rules were not in writing becuase we were going on a hand shake deal. I see how that worked out, lol. Like butt!

Re: Lease rules/guidelines [Re: Cokeguy101] #1050743 11/20/09 03:49 PM
R
raiderJ Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
I had a buddy on a lease a few years back and the lease manager was a pile of elephant pooh! He wanted deer shot only if they were 5 yers old, and after you shot a buck you had to get the jaw bone back from the taxidemist and prove to him that the deer was 5 or older. He would fine people for everything like being up after quite time, and use the fines to pay for his and his hunting buddies dues. It was a joke!

Re: Lease rules/guidelines [Re: raiderJ] #1050754 11/20/09 03:58 PM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
If you have one guy making the rules, there is bound to be problems. As stated above, put it to a majority vote. Only fair way IMO.

Re: Lease rules/guidelines [Re: Cokeguy101] #1050757 11/20/09 03:59 PM
R
Redneck_Hunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Quote:
Who pays for those guests stands? Is that something yo ubuild into the lease fee?

One of the stands is actually mine. It's an old 2 man ladder stand that I came across a few years back. I stuck it in an area that no one was hunting and just told everyone that it could be used as a guest stand. There's no feeder there, but when someone plans to hunt it, they'll just start throwing corn on the ground a few days ahead to get it ready.

We have no shortage of stands. I have about 6 or 8 hang-ons, a couple of pop-ups, two climbers, and two boxes. And with all that, I spent about 95% of my time in the same box.

Last edited by Redneck_Hunter; 11/20/09 04:01 PM.
Re: Lease rules/guidelines [Re: Cokeguy101] #1050765 11/20/09 04:03 PM
R
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Most of our rules are set by the land owner
NO guest buring ANY hunting season.
Bucks 8 pt or better (she wouldn't have a clue how old they are)
Kids shoot spikes (1) or your deer, buck or doe

Besides the land owner there are three of us who make the rules and decide who stays or leaves the lease.

Our rules... we have a certain place to gut animals.
Help keep camp cleaned up, QUIT BRINGING EVERYTHING FROM HOME THAT YOU DON'T WANT! If you bring something make sure we need it and will use it...(We have 3 microwaves, 3 refridgerators, 2 freezers and about 80 broken office chairs!)

Last edited by RICK O'SHAY; 11/20/09 04:07 PM.

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.
Re: Lease rules/guidelines [Re: RICK O'SHAY] #1050778 11/20/09 04:06 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
All handed down by the landowner..... (keep in mind only bucks will get shot and there will only be roughly 8 of them shot---- each membership gets 1)

No child under sixteen
(16) years of age shall be allowed to hunt deer or hogs without his parent, or a Member, being on
the stand with him.

GUESTS (HUNTING AND NON-HUNTING)
Each Member shall be limited to five (5) hunting guests per year, provided that the game killed
by the guest shall be charged to the limit provided for each Member, and further
provided that no guests (hunting or non-hunting) shall be permitted in the Club during the archery-only season and the first six (6) days of regular (gun/buck) season of each year.

ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on ******* premises

Dogs shall not be allowed on ****** premises.

Re: Lease rules/guidelines [Re: rifleman] #1051146 11/20/09 05:44 PM
C
Cokeguy101 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
C
Hmm some interesting ideas here. There is two of us, and we needed two more people. INvited them out they liked it, and we discussed things but never in writing and now it's turned into some BS. We are going to get a list of things together for next year, and get with the land owner, get their approval, then implement them on any one that we allow on the lease:

Is this stuff out of line, I mean I have hunted as a guests on several places, and basically I was told what to do and how to do it..but i had to respect the paying hunters wishes.

Guest 1 per paid hunter up to 3 per year, guests shoot of your allotment. Guests are allowed varmints, pigs and does.

Basic house keeping stuff, trash etc. If you use the last of something replace it or bring your own, charcoal samp soap etc.

All hunting locations must be established by Sept 1. Nothing to moved or relocated after that date.

Be respectful of others hunting. If you elect no to go to your stand, keep the noise down, and lay low until everyone comes back to camp.

Alcohol allowed in moderation, any one that gets out of control, violent or obnoxious will not be invited back.

You are responsible for your guests, their actions reflect on each of us.

Their is a grill feel free to use it or bring your own.

Camp fires allowed in the designated fire pit.

Animals will be gutted and the remains hauled and barried in the designated location, not left all over.

Keep in mind we are trying to manage the land to grow bigger deer. Please use your judgement when pulling the trigger and be mindful that a 2-3 year old 8 point could be next year's 10-12 point. Be respectful of advise and feedback from others, but also be respectful when giving feedback and advice to others.

Would you all add anything or give further advice.. hell maybe being on a lease is not for me.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide