Print Thread
Some people #1008805 11/02/09 10:36 PM
R
runny_nose Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
R
Was on a lease in stephenville for 3 years. Got news in June that my best friend was gonna be kicked off the lease. He called the "lease manager" wanna be and asked why. He said that if he didn't know, he wasnt gonna tell him. I called and he told me I was still on. I have hunted for 18 years with this guy, all the way from Nebraska to Old mexico, New mexico to east Texas. He is the most law abiding, rule abiding person I have ever known. I would let my kids go hunting with him and never worry, and I have. Any way, long story short, Im not going to stay on a place with small deer by myself and the only reason we were on here is because we both have young kids that are learning to hunt. As it would turn out, there was a third person who lives in the same town that was on the lease. I drove by, and low and behold, he is loading his truck up to take equip. out to the lease. No wonder we havent heard from him since June. Story is, this guy, who broke all the rules such as hunting from his truck, checking YOUR feeders, driving off road and creating new roads, hunting YOUR stands without permission, setting up hog traps within arms length of YOUR feed pens... etc etc.. told the lease manager that he felt "left out and isolated" because we, me and my friend, set up a new blind without him knowing and we put locks on our stands. He then proceded to LIE about who put out the food plots and feeders, saying it was him, which he knows that he didnt lift ONE finger all year to even put a bag of corn in the feeders.
I know this sounds like "sour grapes" and yea, Im kinda upset that no one got to tell their side of the story all together in the same roomk, because I KNOW the outcome would have been different, but, really, the nerve of some people. Just BURNS MY BUTT because I know the ethics of my friend.
Anyway, anybody else have a story of this sorts? Hope Im not the only one, and I hope the other guy is on the forum and reads this. Hope he cant sleep at night knowing what a liar HE is. This is why he got kicked off his last lease before this one. Also, when he hunts the late youth season this year WITHOUT his kids, i hope he isnt suprised when the GW shows up.

Re: Some people [Re: runny_nose] #1008889 11/02/09 11:07 PM
C
cleatas Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
yeah, some people......you will be better off

''Tis better to be silent and be THOUGHT a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln
Re: Some people [Re: cleatas] #1008943 11/02/09 11:28 PM
HuntingTexas Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Only reason some folks are alive is because it's against the law to kill em.

" In God We Trust "

Re: Some people [Re: runny_nose] #1008985 11/02/09 11:50 PM
K
kbh Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
K
On my lease (8th yr. on it) We got a new hunter that thought he owned the place. We all agreed to share the 4 blinds, (3 that I personally built) on the place and he would hunt all the blinds.
Well one morning I decided to hunt his blind,I fed the roads and parked 400 yds away and walked in the freezing cold only to find
his blind pad locked. Talk about being pissed. Another time I drove into the place and found him with 3 other hunters (against the rules) and they were sleeping in me and the other hunter(my father in law) beds.This guy would drive around the place blasting coons,hogs... at all hours. He even made road blocks blocking off his new brush blinds while him and his guests hunted
our blinds. I then locked all my blinds and had complained to the owner several times.Things started to get nasty now. I found my timer on the ground smashed up and then he started lying to the owner trying to get me kicked off the place telling them I am
killing all the bucks.(I kill 1 per yr.)I finally had him thrown off thank god and his blind looked like swiss cheese when he came to get it. He also set a hog trap 30 yds. from my blind.
Sorry about your friend.

Re: Some people [Re: kbh] #1009020 11/03/09 12:07 AM
L
LonestarCobra Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Those are for sure bad experiences. I am on two leases, and am the so called manager of one. I am proud to say that I hunt with a group of freinds that need no help in keeping within the guidelines we set. A person is better off on a lease that they can have fun and be comfortable on without worrying about what the other guy is doing even if small deer are all that is there. Just my 2cents

Re: Some people [Re: LonestarCobra] #1009039 11/03/09 12:16 AM
B
BlackSnake Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
If you are gonna leave the lease as well, I'd be sure to share this with the land owner. Its not like he can kick off a hunter that's leaving. You just might save the same grief from happening to the next group.

Re: Some people [Re: BlackSnake] #1009806 11/03/09 03:30 AM
R
runny_nose Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
R
Thanks guys, I appreciate those stories. I mean, I (we) have NEVER been kicked off of anything. Ever. It kinda hurt, even though I wasnt the one being thrown off. Heck, the landowner in Nebraska has added land for us to hunt every year. I didnt know if it was approriate for me to call the landowner or not, but I just may. Heck, I dont think he even knows. He once offered me his prized Brangus bull to take all the way from stephenville to my house to breed my cows with. we helped him birth some of his cows and had a great relationship.
Lonestar cobra-- I meant NO disrespect to lease managers. I really didnt. I think they are vital to a lease's success. But this guy would call us to tell us we got blood in the dirt road?!?! And I agree with you, yes there were only small deer there, but we were there for the experience with the kids. I will be better off on something a little more comfortable. Last year we didnt even shoot a deer, but still, It is bothersome to think that he was asked not to come back. We even caught his son bringing his boss to hunt pigs out of our deer stands. (Hmmmmm no wonder we didnt see any deer this year, LOL)
Oh, and get this, the manager called both of and said, and I quote, " If you guys want to leave any of your stands and feeders so you dont have to take them home and store them, feel free to" I went to Tractor Supply and bought a T post puller. We took every Tpost we put in, every piece of barb wire, every strand of bailing wire we put out. Heck, we even dug up and took home 4 pear trees we planted, which, incidentally, are thriving and doing great in my yard!!!!
Anyway, thanks for the stories. Glad to hear Im not alone!!!

Re: Some people [Re: runny_nose] #1010135 11/03/09 05:31 AM
Cody Malone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Bad deal, sry to hear. Bad ranch manager, sounds like part of the problem

HF Whitetail / Exotic / S. African Safaris

Proudly Sponsored by:
Horizon Firearms / Swarovski Optiks / Under Armour / Yeti Coolers / Costa Del Mar / Havalon Knives

Malone Outdoors, LLC
C/254-722-9031 or E/ maloneoutdoors@yahoo.com
Re: Some people [Re: Cody Malone] #1010140 11/03/09 05:35 AM
Mr. Clean Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
You better talk to the land owner before you leave...get your story in...who knows....might turn in your favor.

Re: Some people [Re: Mr. Clean] #1010177 11/03/09 06:03 AM
Cody Malone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
You better talk to the land owner before you leave...get your story in...who knows....might turn in your favor.

would be a good idea

HF Whitetail / Exotic / S. African Safaris

Proudly Sponsored by:
Horizon Firearms / Swarovski Optiks / Under Armour / Yeti Coolers / Costa Del Mar / Havalon Knives

Malone Outdoors, LLC
C/254-722-9031 or E/ maloneoutdoors@yahoo.com
Re: Some people [Re: Cody Malone] #1010267 11/03/09 09:47 AM
D
DeerAddicted247 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
I completely understand Nose.. i hunt in east texas in hardin county and have been on this lease for over 10 years and i am only 22 ys old.. i was there with my dad until he had to quick getting back on because he had to start working away from home.. it was about the time i got old enough i had to pay my own way onto the lease at 19 and i did. All the same guys are still there and they have known me since i was a kid. They also know and encourage me because i am the hardest hunting soul out there. I put in the most time and effort and they know i love it and do it with a passion. So we had a new guy who has no idea about the place and inherits a stand GIVEN to him on a pipeline and his first year shoots an 8 point opening morning.. (not bad for east texas) i was not there for opening weekend because i was away at school but let everyone know i would be there the weekend after. This guy had already shot an 8 point and come sunday morning he was to F'n lazy to make the drive to HIS stand so made his way to mine about 500 yds from camp. This stand is the only stand that has a food plot on the ENTIRE LEASE (6000 acres) and he shoots a nine point out of my stand and beagged about it to everyone about it.. he also took a big [censored] next to my stand i saw the old pile and toilet paper next to my stand and beer cans all in it. He also stole my timer from my feeder. Game camera caught him with the face plate open... yes he is that stupid. So i went to the powers to be and had him kicked off and there were no arguments because everyone is tight knit and dont put up with outsider bullshit. We are there for the fellowship and the carmarardary or however you spell it.. and good times.. and occasionally we get to shoot a deer and they are by no means giants.. this is why i continue to stay there.. trustworthy camps are hard to find and so can be respect.. Some just dont have it..

Re: Some people [Re: DeerAddicted247] #1010268 11/03/09 09:49 AM
D
DeerAddicted247 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
beagged sorry typo (bragged)

Re: Some people [Re: DeerAddicted247] #1010545 11/03/09 02:17 PM
O
okbowhunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
O
Yes call the landowner and tell him your side so that he has the whole picture.

Re: Some people [Re: okbowhunter] #1010614 11/03/09 02:49 PM
L
Leonardo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Just curious but if you have a lease manager who collects the money and is responsible for paying the landowner. Why does the landowner want to hear anything about it? I wouldn't think he would want to be in the middle of it. Not that you hold any of the fault but who wants to be caught up in drama.

Re: Some people [Re: Leonardo] #1011082 11/03/09 05:56 PM
K
KBTXHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
I tell ya, them dam lease managers.........

Just joshin' a little. I guess our "manager" is alright. Only problem I have is he slowed way down on his drinking and now it's fire and brimstone and off to hell with the rest of us......

Na I'm just kidding again. How boutcha Cobra?? rofl cheers rofl

Low Expectations Championship Smokers
"Look Good Doin' It..."
Re: Some people [Re: Cody Malone] #1014401 11/04/09 08:22 PM
B
billybobbass Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
i have seen this many times ------ you just think you know the people you hunt with...

Re: Some people [Re: billybobbass] #1014680 11/04/09 10:33 PM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
It's stories like these - that are all too common (and I've had my own similar experiences) that make me choose to only lease small family leases.

I hunt to escape the stress, drama, politics, and headaches, don't need that there too.

Sure I do miss the comraderie you experience in your typical deer camp. But when it's just a father and his kids that is very special too.

Earl

Last edited by Earl; 11/04/09 10:33 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Some people [Re: billybobbass] #1014684 11/04/09 10:36 PM
R
rsquared Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
the guy who kicked your friend off will learn his lesson soon enough. this other hunter will show his colors and ruin the lease for the lease manager too.

once you enable a "taker" like that, it is like candy and they cant get enough. he will keep pushing it until it ends badly

Stuff my dad said in the deer blind

"I can dive deeper and come up drier"
"did you do that?"
Re: Some people [Re: KBTXHunter] #1014927 11/05/09 12:01 AM
L
LonestarCobra Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted By: KBTXHunter
I tell ya, them dam lease managers.........

Just joshin' a little. I guess our "manager" is alright. Only problem I have is he slowed way down on his drinking and now it's fire and brimstone and off to hell with the rest of us......

Na I'm just kidding again. How boutcha Cobra?? rofl cheers rofl

Remember, "Dusty bibles lead to dirty lives"

Re: Some people [Re: LonestarCobra] #1015234 11/05/09 02:12 AM
K
KBTXHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Fatback is out this weekend. I think they're moving that dam Thurman rig, then Smalley 7. I'm still going cuz Bronco will be there Friday evening. I ain't missing opening weekend.

Low Expectations Championship Smokers
"Look Good Doin' It..."
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide