Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,305
Posts9,735,558
Members87,078
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** #1007625 11/02/09 04:12 PM
F
FETCH_UP Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
F
No, this is not my personal story but it was posted on another forum and I know it to be true. I have a good relationship with the REAL landowner and have talked with several other outfitters in the area about the hunters who got duped. So basically i wanted to give everyone a heads up on this deal.

I want to give you all a heads up on what happened to me and my hunting group this past weekend and hope that this will never happen to you. Everything I state is facts and unfortunately none of this is exagerated.

Our family's land was sold this past year and left us trying to find a place to hunt ducks... After a deal fell through with one opporunity we were now in scramble mode knowing that duck season was right around the corner. I searched Leashunter.com and found an opporutnity in Liverpool that seemed like it might be a good fit for our group. The name of the outfitter is CHANCE KELLER and he operates under the company name of PREMIER WATERFOWL.

My hunting group and myself met with Chance at the land that he advertised, a week ago this past Sunday. We drove the land and asked the typical questions anyone would ask when looking at leasing land. He identified himself as the landowner and said he had bought it a couple years back. Anyhow, everything looked great so we decided to sign the lease and cut him a check for $4,800.00 and figured we were getting a heck of a deal (little did we know what kind of "deal" we were getting). Chance gave us the gate code and made other promised certain things would be done prior to our hunt for opening weekend and we went our seperate ways.

Friday evening I drive down to get my decoys out and make sure everything is good to go for the morning hunt. Gate is locked, code doesn't work... I figure it's no big deal, either I wrote the gate code down wrong or he gave me the wrong number. I call CHANCE KELLER and leave him a voicemail then hop the gate and walk out to the pond we'd be hunting since it wasn't a long walk. I get back and call Chance again leaving him another voicemail then proceed to call every half hour till I get back to the house and begin to worry. I get online and go to check Leasehunter.com to see if there is an alternate number listed for him... His ad was removed!!! This is great, just what I needed... So I sent Leasehunter.com an email asking if they knew why his ad was removed and to please get back to me.

Anyways, I figure I would take my group down Saturday in hopes that this was just a bad start to a great hunting season. We get down to the lease around 5:45 and there is a group at the gate that has already got in. I ask them if they knew Chance Keller with Premier Waterfowl, they did and said they had leased some ponds from him as well. So I am feeling a bit better about our situation now and drive to one of the ponds we leased. Getting out and walking toward the blind we are approached by another group of hunters who were very nice and asked who we were there with. I explained my arranegement with Chance Keller... I forgot the guys name but he said that we were on Jeff Boswell's land, operator of The Duck Factory and that we could go meet him at the barn down the road. I knew now that we had been duped.

So we pack up our stuff and head to meet the actual landowner where we proceeded to tell him our story, (along with a group of about 10 others who had also been scammed by CHANCE KELLER) needless to say Jeff was appauled that we were on his land for 3 HOURS the previous Sunday. He told us that CHANCE KELLER had come to him with a broker last Monday (Day after showing us that land) and said he was interested in making an offer on a piece of his land. That is the first time Jeff had ever heard of Chance Keller and reassured us that 1) he was in no way the owner of that land, 2) he had no right to lease that land and 3) he had never heard of Premier Waterfowl or Chance Keller prior to last Monday. Jeff appologized for our bad luck and agreed to help us in any way to help find this POS.

We are now taking the proper actions to catch this guy.

Bart with Leasehunter has been in contact with me, has been a great help and is also very concerned that this has happened. I will continue to use Leasehunter.com to try to find anyone looking for last minute duck hunters. Thanks go out to Bart of Leasehunter.com, Jeff Boswell and anyone else who is helping out with this ordeal.

If anyone is interested or just wants to drive Chance Keller crazy, his # is 409-877-2909. I have been calling him whenever I think about it... All times of the night, early morning, and will continue to do so until he disconnect that line.

Sorry for the long story but I just want to make sure that this doesn't happen to anyone on this site.

[Linked Image]
HRCH ACE MH
Triple D Duck Club
Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: FETCH_UP] #1007641 11/02/09 04:18 PM
P
ProximoMetalica Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Wow, what a scumbag. I hope you catch that arsehole!

Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: ProximoMetalica] #1007644 11/02/09 04:19 PM
F
FETCH_UP Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Yeah everyone is out in force looking for him. I live in the town this happened and its very small so word will get around quick. I feel bad for the people this happened to!

[Linked Image]
HRCH ACE MH
Triple D Duck Club
Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: ProximoMetalica] #1007646 11/02/09 04:23 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
It is no longer in service

Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: wal1809] #1007648 11/02/09 04:24 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
You need to get the law on him.

Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: FETCH_UP] #1007650 11/02/09 04:24 PM
B
birddog14 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
He might have given you a a fake name, is Chance Keller his real name? Did you see his driver's license or get his vehicle license plate number?

green is good
Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: birddog14] #1007664 11/02/09 04:30 PM
F
FETCH_UP Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
F
This is not my story and i wasnt one of the hunters. I am another outfitter in the area though, plus I live there. I know they are in progress of trying to find this guy.

[Linked Image]
HRCH ACE MH
Triple D Duck Club
Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: wal1809] #1007674 11/02/09 04:33 PM
C
cable Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: WAL1809
It is no longer in service

Yep, tried it too. What a POS

Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: cable] #1010063 11/03/09 04:47 AM
W
WakeNdrake Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Wow, some ppl just arent right in the head! I know this may not be the case, but ive heard similar stories like this before and in the cases that i heard, come to find out, the actual land owner was in on it too... just a thought

Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: WakeNdrake] #1010153 11/03/09 05:47 AM
Q
QuackStacker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Q
he'll get his. what goes around comes around... karma will kick him square in the throat!

Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: QuackStacker] #1010182 11/03/09 06:06 AM
M
misledkevin Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
wow thats pretty bold, i tryed his phone, must be a legit con artist. Makes me want to take down plates if im ever in a cash situation like that.

Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: misledkevin] #1010941 11/03/09 05:03 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Here was his ad:

This year ONLY at Premier Waterfowl, we offer fully guided duck and goose hunts with over 35 years of waterfowl hunting experience for a special price of $125.00 per day/per gun! The guides have been duck and goose hunting all of their lives, and our dogs are hunter champions in retrieving. So if you want to see some real action, then give us a call and we'll take you on a lifetime waterfowl hunt like no other! Most guide services usually hunt in one location. Here at Premier Waterfowl, we have hunted all over the U.S. and Canada. To include, North and South Dakota, Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri and Alberta.

An outstanding piece of hunting property located less than an hour from downtown Houston, Lake Jackson and Galveston on county road 210. In addition to the exceptional waterfowl hunting, the Ranch has excellent dove hunting and fishing near by. The property is just 3 miles from Chocolate Bayou with access to West Bay, the Gulf and Brazoria County wildlife refuge.

All of our duck and goose blinds, sit on over 800 acres of flooded rice, grain and plowed fields which are custom built, with bench seats, gates, dog boxes, and waterproof shell boxes. Only 3 blinds are hunted at a time, using over 1,500 hundred duck and goose decoys and a spread like you've never seen before. Do you want to come and do a Conservation or Dove hunt? Then we can do that too! I promise you as a client of Premier Waterfowl, you'll always come first and if we don't have a great hunt, then the next one is on us. So all you have to do is show up, and we'll do the rest...

2009-2010 Hunting Prices:

Guided Hunt- Drive Up Prices:
Drive Up Prices Include: Guide, snacks and drinks. Does not include bird cleaning, license or bird stamps.

Duck: $125.00
Goose: $125.00
Duck/Goose: $150.00

Dove Hunts: $50.00

Teal Hunts: $75.00

Conservation Hunts: $100.00

(Youth 15 and under subtract $25.00 from above prices.)

Note: All hunts are per day/per gun. (Minimum 2 Hunters)

Bonus Day Program:
For every 10 days of hunting pre-paid by October 30th, 2009 you will recieve 1 bonus day of hunting. Example: If you pre-pay for 20 hunting days, you will get 2 bonus days.

Cancellation policy:
A 50% non-refundable deposit is due at time of booking and must be made within 10 days of hunt!

No reservations will be confirmed without payment being made prior to hunting trip. We except cash, check or money order. Remainder of payment, must be paid in Full at the time of arrival. No other exceptions allowed. Unless arrangemets have been made.

Things to bring:
State and Federal waterfowl stamps, state hunting license, waterfowl hunting gear, knee boots, duck & goose shells, and guns.

For more information or reservations, please call Chance at 409-877-2909 or ckeller@premierwaterfowl.net

Thanks so much for all the Great hunts durning the 2008-2009 season. And we'll see you in the blind...

Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: Txduckman] #1011006 11/03/09 05:28 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Contact the BBB, Chamber of Commerce, local Game Wardens, STOP payment on your check or freeze your funds from your bank. If the funds have already been withdrawn to his bank, find out from your bank where he deposit it or if he deposited it at all...may have just cashed it.

Hope yall get the little under-handed, criminal and scumbag!

Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: kyotee1] #1011017 11/03/09 05:33 PM
L
LuckyDucker Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Here's the registration information from his website...

Registrant:
Premier Water Fowl
2801 FM 2004 Rd #813
Texas City, Texas 77591
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: PREMIERWATERFOWL.NET
Created on: 30-Jul-08
Expires on: 30-Jul-11
Last Updated on: 13-Jul-09

Administrative Contact:
Keller, Chance ckeller2969@yahoo.com
Premier Water Fowl
2801 FM 2004 Rd #813
Texas City, Texas 77591
United States
+1.4098772909

Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: LuckyDucker] #1011049 11/03/09 05:46 PM
B
bhunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Go to FBI website, you can give them the email address and website info and they will send the cyber guys after him....

ROY

B.O.H.I.C.A.

"BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!!!!"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

http://www.parkerpwr.com/
Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: QuackStacker] #1013530 11/04/09 02:50 PM
T
txmudbug Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
I would like to clear up some things since several threads have suggested the landowner could be in on it (I look just like the owner). Of the 800 acres owned, a 100 acre tract is on the market for sale. The perpetrator, Chance, came to view the land with his broker (the broker is helping now to catch the guy) last Monday. He spent 3 hours looking at the property and asking questions. He also got the front gate combo during his visit. He was able to get away with showing the property because so many of the actual lease members are out on the property during the week before the season starts working on blinds. The full time worker on the farm did notice the guys black truck several times but thought it was one of the guys that was new this year. The [censored] was smart enough to gather details together that let him pull this scam off. It does appear that we will have an excellent chance at catching him though.

Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: txmudbug] #1013677 11/04/09 03:52 PM
F
FETCH_UP Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Glad ya'll are making progress on catching him! I know the landowner and he is not the kind to be in on something like that. He is a great stand up guy.

[Linked Image]
HRCH ACE MH
Triple D Duck Club
Re: ***FRAUD*** Premier Waterfowl - Chance Keller***FRAUD*** [Re: FETCH_UP] #1013778 11/04/09 04:33 PM
T
txmudbug Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
Thanks Fetch_up

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide