Forums46
Topics539,329
Posts9,748,360
Members87,157
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9046322 05/12/24 06:03 PM
F
freerange Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Whitehouse lost game 3 to Forney 3-1 and are eliminated. We outscored them 6-5 combined over the 3 games. Giving up just 5 runs in 3 games you would expect to win the series. I never thought our pitching would hold up that well over 3 games but we just couldnt hit. I have my theory on why we didnt hit but Ill keep it to myself.

We went into the fourth round last year and most thought we would do that good or better. I never really thought we were that good but was ever hopeful. We graduate a lot of talent, especially pitching, but we have a good core coming back.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9046327 05/12/24 06:14 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by freerange
Whitehouse lost game 3 to Forney 3-1 and are eliminated. We outscored them 6-5 combined over the 3 games. Giving up just 5 runs in 3 games you would expect to win the series. I never thought our pitching would hold up that well over 3 games but we just couldnt hit. I have my theory on why we didnt hit but Ill keep it to myself.

We went into the fourth round last year and most thought we would do that good or better. I never really thought we were that good but was ever hopeful. We graduate a lot of talent, especially pitching, but we have a good core coming back.

Still a good season to go 2 rounds deep; understand Forney had a good squad. Read their kid one hit you all in Game 3.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: DQ Kid] #9046332 05/12/24 06:34 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by DQ Kid

Still a good season to go 2 rounds deep; understand Forney had a good squad. Read their kid one hit you all in Game 3.

Yep, only one hit. Only 3 balls left the infield. We only struck out 4 times, so not bad. My Grandson hasnt struck out in the last 10 games and only 7 times all year in 73 official at bats. Forney played solid defense. We hit one to the wall and they made a crashing running catch off the wall in the 4th. Grandson hit a screamer their 2B made a leaping snowball grap in same inning.
Forney pitcher we thought was their 3rd or 4th best. Their game 2 pitcher supposedly coming off Tommy John(A&M commit) was limited to 75 pitches per rehab.
Forney has got an always tough Lufkin team coming up so we will see.

Last edited by freerange; 05/12/24 06:38 PM.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9046378 05/12/24 09:58 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Flower Mound has state ranked Prosper next, a team that took them to 3 games in playoffs last year on Flower Mound's state run. Prosper will be out for some revenge....

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9047845 05/16/24 02:37 AM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I just watched Forney beat Lufkin in game one of third round.
Very interesting that the Lufkin players never left the dugout to shake hands after the game. Coaches did. Forney waited awhile at the mound and finally walked off. Maybe it’s not that rare but Ive never seen it in HS.
I was at the game and saw no drama at all. Maybe bad blood from the past???
Anybody got any insight???

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9047853 05/16/24 02:46 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Free, did Forney play smallball late in game with a large lead by chance? If not, maybe just sore losing by Lufkin...

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9047857 05/16/24 03:09 AM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
No. They did nothing like that. It seemed like a real clean game. I just realized I didn’t post score, 4-1.
Lufkins first pitch of game hit the batter. They hit two batters and Forney hit one.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9047863 05/16/24 03:34 AM
M
Mr. 806 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Kerrville Tivy vs. Boerne Champion starts tomorrow. Split 2 games earlier in the season. Tivy pitching has been phenomenal the last 5 games. 10 or so hits given up over the last 5. Squeaked into the playoffs and been on fire the first 2 rounds.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9047966 05/16/24 01:32 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
No matter the sport my theory is to not only beat them while playing well within the rules, but take their dignity along with it. It's the "it's their job to stop us" mentality as I'm not going to tell players to quit trying. I wouldn't go so far as playing small ball as mentioned though. Kids that cry and whine about getting their butts beat need to join the band or choir instead. We scored 55 runs against Baylor in a 3 game series one year. They didn't like it, we didn't care.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9047972 05/16/24 01:44 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Unspoken coaches creed and decorum, you don't kick a dog or opponent when they are down and outcome well in hand. You don't throw bombs, run reverses or execute flea flickers when up by 2+ TDs late in 4th quarter and you don't bunt runners or steal bases in late innings of a ballgame, not a good look and reeks of trying to show up or humiliate an opponent. The Texas Rangers took offense to this exact thing early last year or year prior at Globe Life when Padres were up by 8 or 10 runs in 7th or 8th inning and they were stealing bases, bunting runners and Tatis bat flipping after a HR to go up by 12. If not mistaken, the Rangers pitcher hit the next batter up and was ejected. Post game discussions indicated The Rangers did not appreciate the score run up and manner exhibited.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: DQ Kid] #9048016 05/16/24 02:36 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Unspoken coaches creed and decorum, you don't kick a dog or opponent when they are down and outcome well in hand. You don't throw bombs, run reverses or execute flea flickers when up by 2+ TDs late in 4th quarter and you don't bunt runners or steal bases in late innings of a ballgame, not a good look and reeks of trying to show up or humiliate an opponent. The Texas Rangers took offense to this exact thing early last year or year prior at Globe Life when Padres were up by 8 or 10 runs in 7th or 8th inning and they were stealing bases, bunting runners and Tatis bat flipping after a HR to go up by 12. If not mistaken, the Rangers pitcher hit the next batter up and was ejected. Post game discussions indicated The Rangers did not appreciate the score run up and manner exhibited.

I get all that, as I played enough, and long enough t know all that. My response was somewhat tongue in cheek anyway. Agree on the no trickery, extra curricular stuff 100%, but I'm not going to expect kids to quit playing the game. If it gets out of hand while playing the "regular" game, then so be it, and the opposing team needs to get better, or get a better coach, etc. Wasn't kidding about Baylor though, and we did it without the "extracurricular" stuff.

These primadonnas playing the game today (MLB) have ruined it for me. Don't watch it anymore. College players are bad enough. I played in the day when hitters didn't think they were the only ones who owned the inside part of the plate......pitchers had equal claim to it and would peg your asss if you didn't like it.

In the post above, about Lufkin trailing 4-1 then refusing to shake hands, I'd have zero issues with small ball, etc to score more runs no matter the inning.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: Mr. 806] #9048019 05/16/24 02:39 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Mr. 806
Kerrville Tivy vs. Boerne Champion starts tomorrow. Split 2 games earlier in the season. Tivy pitching has been phenomenal the last 5 games. 10 or so hits given up over the last 5. Squeaked into the playoffs and been on fire the first 2 rounds.

Didnt Manziel go to Tivy after he left Tyler?

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9048025 05/16/24 02:52 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Just the other day in a NAIA Tournament game a team score 12 runs in last inning, all with 2 outs, for a walkoff win. So theres that.

As for running up the score, I can see not stealing. But, bunting you usually give up an out so I would think if you are trouncing a team they would gladly trade an out for advancing 90'.

In the example of Lufkin/Forney it was just 4-1 so small ball would of been understandable but there really wasnt any anyway. Just real curious about the no hand shake.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9048055 05/16/24 03:35 PM
M
Mr. 806 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M

Yep, partied his way through here and did somehow graduate. Still the talk (laughing stock) of the town. Big push to put up a statue of him that gets lots of heated feedback ever so often.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9048694 05/17/24 07:09 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Flower Mound went up 1-0 on Prosper in regional quaterfinal, winning 1-0 last night. Keller went up 1-0 on Southlake Carroll, winning 10-0. A possible Flower Mound / Keller match up for region bottom of bracket semifinals would be a fun watch and quite possibly yield the state champion as it often has in 5 and now, 6A.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: Mr. 806] #9048695 05/17/24 07:15 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Yep, partied his way through here and did somehow graduate. Still the talk (laughing stock) of the town. Big push to put up a statue of him that gets lots of heated feedback ever so often.

One of his old baseball coach and I are good friends, According to him, He partied no more then rest of his teammates, I did hear he was better baseball player than football though, obviously and exceptional athlete regardless. I wouldn’t call him a laughing stock. He still worth well over 7 figures

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: Jgraider] #9048724 05/17/24 08:18 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Jgraider

I get all that, as I played enough, and long enough t know all that. My response was somewhat tongue in cheek anyway. Agree on the no trickery, extra curricular stuff 100%, but I'm not going to expect kids to quit playing the game. If it gets out of hand while playing the "regular" game, then so be it, and the opposing team needs to get better, or get a better coach, etc. Wasn't kidding about Baylor though, and we did it without the "extracurricular" stuff.

These primadonnas playing the game today (MLB) have ruined it for me. Don't watch it anymore. College players are bad enough. I played in the day when hitters didn't think they were the only ones who owned the inside part of the plate......pitchers had equal claim to it and would peg your asss if you didn't like it.

In the post above, about Lufkin trailing 4-1 then refusing to shake hands, I'd have zero issues with small ball, etc to score more runs no matter the inning.

Letting off the gas is when players get hurt and for whatever reason. I'd always say, "Step on their neck!".

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9048725 05/17/24 08:20 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
#10 ranked Unicorns play second game against #4 Reagan. NB won 1st game. Winner could go far.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9048922 05/18/24 03:10 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Grapevine sweeps rider in 2. Next

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9048978 05/18/24 11:59 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Flower Mound sweeps Prosper on to face Keller in regional semis whom swept Southlake....

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9049051 05/18/24 02:58 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Lufkin beat Forney 1-0. I wonder if they shook hands. Rubber match today.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9049251 05/19/24 12:00 AM
M
Mr. 806 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Kerrville Tivy pitching dominate again. Smashed those loud mouth Boerne Chargers 2 games to 1. Wrestler Bill Goldberg’s boy plays for Boerne. Dude is a stud and off to play for Neon Deon. Hard to imagine he’s better at football than baseball.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9049274 05/19/24 12:43 AM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Forney came from behind to beat Lufkin in the third game. Extremely exciting. Down 3-0 into bottom of 6 and they score two. Then bottom of last they score two more for the walkoff win to advance. Horrible error by Lufkin cost em in last inning. Before last two innings Forney hadn’t scored in 14 innings. Never ever give up.
Lufkin didn’t shake hands after first two games but did the last game.
They play Frisco Lone Star next.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: freerange] #9049301 05/19/24 01:13 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Free, I'll be shocked if either Lucas Lovejoy or Frisco in the bottom bracket of Region II don't advance. Lovejoy battled to get through Hallsville whom is perennially contending in regional finals and state games.

Re: High School baseball playoffs!!!!! [Re: DQ Kid] #9049313 05/19/24 01:45 AM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Free, I'll be shocked if either Lucas Lovejoy or Frisco in the bottom bracket of Region II don't advance. Lovejoy battled to get through Hallsville whom is perennially contending in regional finals and state games.

Hallsville was runner up to us this year in district. They barely beat us last year in district. We went farther than them last year. Love joy was who beat us in fourth round last year. They are team to beat in our region I think, but nothing in baseball “shocks” me. We actually had a decent draw but don’t get it done. 🙁

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide