Forums46
Topics539,329
Posts9,748,360
Members87,157
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: Texas452] #9047762 05/15/24 10:52 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Texas452
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
That’s why I want to see the whole raw video. Attorneys use it to try to control their narrative by only showing what they want.

Yes we need to see the whole video, but your past statements and childish behavior shows you believe LE can never do anything wrong, from assaulting a 73 year old woman that didn’t weigh 100 pounds,people being able to film government servants in public, or talking to the LE about coming to the wrong address, to a lunatic shooting up his car because of an acorn, you have seen no wrong in any of it except filming in public, you don’t make the laws, you enforce them.
If you are in a supervisor position, god help us.
You are a poster child for what LE isn’t supposed to do.

Texas452, I dont know you, nor do I know ntxtrapper, but your last sentence about him was a tough one to swallow. I would have to have a whole lot more proof than his forum comments to say that about a LEO.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: The Dude Abides] #9047767 05/15/24 11:05 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
Guys, let’s stop with the personal attacks.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: TurkeyHunter] #9047769 05/15/24 11:24 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted by tlk
I will try this one more time. Many times on this forum when LEO issues come up I have asked/dared/begged any of you to go ride out with an LEO to see FOR YOURSELF what they live deal with everyday.

Guess what?? Not a SINGLE one of you has stepped up to the plate - It is so easy to second guess from a distance - so either go take the time to ride out or shut up about what LEO's deal with everyday - If you do go do a ride out then by all means post back up here to let us all know what your experience was - otherwise go away

I've done it before. It's an enlightening experience.

Yes Sir it will open your eyes to what the LEOs deal with every day of their lives - those on here who love to second guess these LEO's are either are too lazy to do a drive out or they do not want to know the truth - until you are willing to go see for yourself then please shut up

You can't fix stupid
Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: The Dude Abides] #9047771 05/15/24 11:28 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Somes don’t understand what it takes to protect us.

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: tlk] #9047776 05/15/24 11:47 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by tlk
I will try this one more time. Many times on this forum when LEO issues come up I have asked/dared/begged any of you to go ride out with an LEO to see FOR YOURSELF what they live deal with everyday.

Guess what?? Not a SINGLE one of you has stepped up to the plate - It is so easy to second guess from a distance - so either go take the time to ride out or shut up about what LEO's deal with everyday - If you do go do a ride out then by all means post back up here to let us all know what your experience was - otherwise go away

Yes Sir it will open your eyes to what the LEOs deal with every day of their lives - those on here who love to second guess these LEO's are either are too lazy to do a drive out or they do not want to know the truth - until you are willing to go see for yourself then please shut up

I would love to go for a ride along. Anybody have insight on what I need to do to make it happen would be very much appreciated!

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: Hudbone] #9047777 05/15/24 11:53 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Yes sir - they do not only know what it takes they do not want to make to effort to understand what it takes - having a son who does this job day in and day out they are totally clueless.

And once again I will add this ----- one would assume/think that most hunters on this forum in Texas are conservative, law abiding, rational people - but I have realized that there are a good number of people here who are anything but -

You can't fix stupid
Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: Stub] #9047779 05/15/24 11:56 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by tlk

I would love to go for a ride along. Anybody have insight on what I need to do to make it happen would be very much appreciated!

Where to you live? If you are anywhere near Central Texas I will set you up to ride out with my LEO son - only request is that once you do it come back and report on this forum what you experienced - there is a process (easy) you have to do in order to ride out - let me know

You can't fix stupid
Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: freerange] #9047780 05/15/24 11:58 PM
Texas452 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by Texas452
That’s why I want to see the whole raw video. Attorneys use it to try to control their narrative by only showing what they want.

Yes we need to see the whole video, but your past statements and childish behavior shows you believe LE can never do anything wrong, from assaulting a 73 year old woman that didn’t weigh 100 pounds,people being able to film government servants in public, or talking to the LE about coming to the wrong address, to a lunatic shooting up his car because of an acorn, you have seen no wrong in any of it except filming in public, you don’t make the laws, you enforce them.
If you are in a supervisor position, god help us.
You are a poster child for what LE isn’t supposed to do.

Texas452, I dont know you, nor do I know ntxtrapper, but your last sentence about him was a tough one to swallow. I would have to have a whole lot more proof than his forum comments to say that about a LEO.

Just show some professionalism, after reading all the childish comments it’s not hard at all to swallow.
LE isn’t in right 100% of the time, like we all wish they were.
He even insinuated that if I had gotten shot when LE had the wrong address it would’ve ok.
He said I shouldn’t have contacted the supervision at the SD about it, the chief deputy was glad I did.

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: The Dude Abides] #9047781 05/16/24 12:01 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
tlk I live in far N Dallas, just a tad bit to far away from central Texas but definitely appreciate the offer! up

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: Hudbone] #9047785 05/16/24 12:06 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

I disagree. There are multiple reality shows and tons of YouTube vids depicting a plethora of situations. I could never do it. The level of bs they put up with is off the charts. There are bad people in all professions, but the vast majority are professionals and do their best. Unfortunately for police, mistakes can lead to death and the crooked media love to stir the pot. No profession is mistake free.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: The Dude Abides] #9047789 05/16/24 12:16 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Pro Blue here but looking at everything out there and what is presumably known, I do feel the deputy laid on the trigger quickly and frequently. The command of step back followed by shots had to be less than a second, nearly instantaneous. In no way do I think his intention was to kill an innocent person but reality is that a life is gone based on fired shots. My prediction would be manslaughter or negligent homicide.

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: Hudbone] #9047806 05/16/24 01:02 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Somes don’t have the self control and discipline to do it either. They wouldn’t last one day with the inability to keep one’s composure.

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: ntxtrapper] #9047807 05/16/24 01:04 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J

Somes don’t have the self control and discipline to do it either. They wouldn’t last one day with the inability to keep one’s composure.

Absolutely agree with this. I know I don't!

Last edited by Jimbo1; 05/16/24 01:06 AM.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: Jimbo1] #9047809 05/16/24 01:12 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

After a while you do the right thing and don’t care what anyone thinks as far as detractors who don’t know anything about it. I did always stay out of the crimes against children’s unit. I knew my limitations.

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: ntxtrapper] #9047812 05/16/24 01:21 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

After a while you do the right thing and don’t care what anyone thinks as far as detractors who don’t know anything about it. I did always stay out of the crimes against children’s unit. I knew my limitations.

My best friend is now a Constable. Previously CBP Officer, ICE Special Agent, Sherrif's Deputy, etc. Hardest job he ever had was a CPS Investigator, only lasted 2 months.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: The Dude Abides] #9047819 05/16/24 01:37 AM
R
RayBob Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
SCOTUS - 1989 decision in DeShaney v. Winnebago County . . . Law enforcement's duty is not to protect the individual

See also : Castle Rock v Gonzales

Their only obligation legally is to keep civil order.

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: tlk] #9047822 05/16/24 01:40 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by tlk

Yes sir - they do not only know what it takes they do not want to make to effort to understand what it takes - having a son who does this job day in and day out they are totally clueless.

And once again I will add this ----- one would assume/think that most hunters on this forum in Texas are conservative, law abiding, rational people - but I have realized that there are a good number of people here who are anything but -

You just proved my point about ideologies. In order to be a conservative, you must back the blue, no matter what. God forbid anyone think for their self. Pick one side or the other, and abide by their ideas. That’s it. There’s no room for anything in between.

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: The Dude Abides] #9047835 05/16/24 02:12 AM
J
JimTX Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
J
The older I get, the more hesitant I am to second guess the actions of others. I woulda...I coulda...he shoulda....

It is very easy to sit back in the comfort of our house and second guess the actions of a deputy who had a fraction of a second to decide if someone with a gun in their hand is a threat or not a threat.

Most people do not understand the realities of action vs reaction. It has been shown that a person, holding a pistol, can go from a downward pointing pistol to firing a deadly shot at a LEO before (or at the same time) the LEO fires his already aimed pistol at a suspect. At the moment, it appears that this is a tragic situation where the Airman opened his door with a handgun in his hand, which caused the deputy to fear for his life because he clearly perceived a deadly force threat to his life. Yes, the Airman is in his apartment and certainly has a right to possess a gun. However, that may not be the wisest thing to do when cops and guns are in play. Undercover and off duty cops have been shot and killed because uniformed cops saw a gun and perceived a threat and fired. More examples of tragic situations.

Like many here, I have also know a lot of LE folks. The vast majority are/were really good people trying to do a difficult job during difficult situations. God bless them all! Yes, there are some who are egotistical, badge heavy or any other negative character trait you want to place upon them. GUESS WHAT???? Welcome to humanity. I don't care what occupation you choose, there will be those who fall short of perfection.

And to the ones here who are all too eager to find fault, look for the worst and second guess every action committed by LEO folks. I feel bad for you and those around you. What a heavy burden to carry. I don't know if you had an unfortunate encounter with a bad apple or maybe you were a tool and got what you gave. In any case, maybe try cutting people a little slack and realize that LEO folks are just imperfect human beings trying to protect and serve others. People like you guys are pushing really good people out of the LE profession. We REALLY do need good people to do the difficult task of keeping us safe. So, take a chill pill and give a guy the benefit of the doubt unless the actions committed were involving corruption, abusive actions or were actions well beyond that of what any other reasonable LEO would have done in a similar situation. In this situation, any other LEO may or may have not shot the Airman. Give the LEO the benefit of the doubt, unless you can prove malice or similar.

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: The Dude Abides] #9047839 05/16/24 02:27 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
I went on a ride along with my brother in law it was pretty uneventful.

Pulled over a meth head but he didn’t have any meth, but boy was he tweaking!
Did a warrant for a guy chopping catalytic converters but they had to park me so far away I couldn’t really see anything. Ended up the guy wasn’t home but his brother had a warrant so they got him.
Domestic call for a guy that got drunk and beat his girl friend up at her parents house. After we left we found his car in a ditch all jacked up but while we were at the domestic call Sherman PD had already worked the accident and boy friend was at the hospital already. Drove there and I had to wait in the car the whole time so was pretty boring.
About 3am we were about to call it a night and went to get gas, he pumped the gas while I went in to get us some drinks. As I was passing by a car in the parking lot I saw a chick passed out in her car. I just figured she was drunk so I told him about it. That turned into a huge deal seemed like the whole sheriffs department was there. They ended up busting her for meth and we ended up taking her to jail. Before we left I was in the car with her by myself and she was crying and it made me feel really bad for her. Everyone makes mistakes and I probably just messed this girls life up for telling him. But at same time I might have saved someone’s life had she woke up and drove off and killed someone. confused2

I wouldn’t want to do it on a daily basis, I don’t have the patience to deal with dumb people.

lol wore my vest like I was gonna get shot at rofl confused2 never know though I have really really bad luck.

Which is kind of the point of this thread. Had the door opened and I saw someone with a gun in their hand I’d probably have shot them too. But, that’s one of the reasons I’m not and LEO.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: The Dude Abides] #9047847 05/16/24 02:39 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
This whole thread reeks of virtue signaling. I do not think it will age well.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: JimTX] #9047850 05/16/24 02:43 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by JimTX
The older I get, the more hesitant I am to second guess the actions of others. I woulda...I coulda...he shoulda....

It is very easy to sit back in the comfort of our house and second guess the actions of a deputy who had a fraction of a second to decide if someone with a gun in their hand is a threat or not a threat.

Most people do not understand the realities of action vs reaction. It has been shown that a person, holding a pistol, can go from a downward pointing pistol to firing a deadly shot at a LEO before (or at the same time) the LEO fires his already aimed pistol at a suspect. At the moment, it appears that this is a tragic situation where the Airman opened his door with a handgun in his hand, which caused the deputy to fear for his life because he clearly perceived a deadly force threat to his life. Yes, the Airman is in his apartment and certainly has a right to possess a gun. However, that may not be the wisest thing to do when cops and guns are in play. Undercover and off duty cops have been shot and killed because uniformed cops saw a gun and perceived a threat and fired. More examples of tragic situations.

Like many here, I have also know a lot of LE folks. The vast majority are/were really good people trying to do a difficult job during difficult situations. God bless them all! Yes, there are some who are egotistical, badge heavy or any other negative character trait you want to place upon them. GUESS WHAT???? Welcome to humanity. I don't care what occupation you choose, there will be those who fall short of perfection.

And to the ones here who are all too eager to find fault, look for the worst and second guess every action committed by LEO folks. I feel bad for you and those around you. What a heavy burden to carry. I don't know if you had an unfortunate encounter with a bad apple or maybe you were a tool and got what you gave. In any case, maybe try cutting people a little slack and realize that LEO folks are just imperfect human beings trying to protect and serve others. People like you guys are pushing really good people out of the LE profession. We REALLY do need good people to do the difficult task of keeping us safe. So, take a chill pill and give a guy the benefit of the doubt unless the actions committed were involving corruption, abusive actions or were actions well beyond that of what any other reasonable LEO would have done in a similar situation. In this situation, any other LEO may or may have not shot the Airman. Give the LEO the benefit of the doubt, unless you can prove malice or similar.

^^^^^IMO the post above is about as perfect as it could get.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: KRoyal] #9047854 05/16/24 02:48 AM
J
JimTX Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
J
Good for you KRoyal!!!

I would encourage everyone to go on a ride out in the most crime ridden area of the largest city you can go to. I will probably be an eye opening experience. There is a whole other world out there...and it's not a good one.

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: JimTX] #9047855 05/16/24 02:50 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by JimTX

The

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: The Dude Abides] #9047856 05/16/24 03:04 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Haters don’t care about facts. 2- 3 million police encounters a day and maybe a questionable shooting 10-12 times a year. That gets way more attention than cops getting shot.

I just saw one today in Minnesota. Dude busts out with a rifle after cops knocked on door.

Re: Air Force Airman Killed by Sheriffs Deputy [Re: Roll-Tide] #9047865 05/16/24 03:50 AM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Haters don’t care about facts.

True. Nor will 'some' ever find fault with their own.

One thing is certain. Before you go into Law Enforcement understand one thing:

1. Most of the citizenry are appreciative of the job you do and support you.

2. Some will despise you....no matter what.

Both come with the territory.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide