Forums46
Topics539,772
Posts9,753,976
Members87,189
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041450 05/02/24 12:46 AM
R
rolyat.nosaj Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
They are both dangerous and only a certain type of person can use either of them without abuse. That's a question you have to ask yourself. Alcohol has been horrible for me but I don't judge those who abuse alcohol but I see the abuse when it's happening in front of me. I try to stay away from those people. I'm not a social cannabis user, I use it when it feels appropriate on my property, alone. I think it's an individual choice with individual consequences.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: J.G.] #9041451 05/02/24 12:46 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by J.G.
Originally Posted by Concho
I made my decision using the best medical advice I could get at the time; I usually don't go to the Internet for medical advice...guess I will pay the consequences of my choice, at least here on the THF, as will any pot smokers who get caught.

Freaking two faced, indecisive sumb***h!

You faught all of us telling you not to take the shots, and took this ^^^same stance as above.

Then you got very sick from it.

Then you said you didn't know the Paramedics weren't getting the shots, and you wish you would have known. Well you did know, but "usually don't go to the internet for medical advice". Then you later whine on the internet that you were lied to by "medical professionals".

You are a walking piece of trash. Don't stand up here and lecture people about marijuana smoking in their own homes.
It's healthier than those shots you so wisely accepted.

My, my what a little boy we are tonight, mamma scold you or something? You are a childish know-it-all.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041452 05/02/24 12:50 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Bobo, I can see where you’re coming from but I’m not giving up any of my liberties just because others can’t control themselves.

Maybe have an alcoholic license and if you’ve ever had a DUI you’re not allowed to buy it. Would just create a black market for alcohol same as prohibition though. Alcoholics will still find a way same as drug addicts.

I think there is a better argument to over/regulate or ban alcohol than THC, but to be consistent in my argument, Id vote straight across on all drugs.

The liberties argument conveniently leaves out meth, opioids, heroin etc.

My liberties argument doesn’t. I’m perfectly fine with any adult smoking meth, popping pills, shooting up with heroin, you name it. You seem to confuse what’s good with what’s lawful. They are not always the same. I will gladly support someone’s freedom to smoke meth in order to keep my freedoms. I do NOT need or want the government telling me what I can and can’t do. Period. If you let them tell you that you can’t smoke weed, then you give them leeway to strip you of any freedom they deem necessary. This isn’t complicated stuff. Bob posted Ben Franklin’s quote about freedom and security. I guess few people understand what that means or how valuable it is, anymore. People just want what suits them, at that moment. Screw freedom. Screw Constitutional rights. If it suits me, that’s just fine. I don’t care what the consequences are. I just want what I want. I can’t imagine why that’s a bad thing or how it might have brought us to our current situation.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041453 05/02/24 12:53 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
By the way, sometimes freedom is scary. If it frightens you, I can only recommend you take a look at any communist country for a dose of perspective. There are worse things than people doing what they want.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9041454 05/02/24 12:56 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Sneaky
By the way, sometimes freedom is scary. If it frightens you, I can only recommend you take a look at any communist country for a dose of perspective. There are worse things than people doing what they want.

There is nothing in the US Constitution that grants you the right to do anything you please and disregard laws and social norms.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9041457 05/02/24 12:58 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

There is nothing in the US Constitution that grants you the right to do anything you please and disregard laws and social norms.

No [censored].

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9041474 05/02/24 01:25 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Bobo, I can see where you’re coming from but I’m not giving up any of my liberties just because others can’t control themselves.

Maybe have an alcoholic license and if you’ve ever had a DUI you’re not allowed to buy it. Would just create a black market for alcohol same as prohibition though. Alcoholics will still find a way same as drug addicts.

I think there is a better argument to over/regulate or ban alcohol than THC, but to be consistent in my argument, Id vote straight across on all drugs.

My liberties argument doesn’t. I’m perfectly fine with any adult smoking meth, popping pills, shooting up with heroin, you name it. You seem to confuse what’s good with what’s lawful. They are not always the same. I will gladly support someone’s freedom to smoke meth in order to keep my freedoms. I do NOT need or want the government telling me what I can and can’t do. Period. If you let them tell you that you can’t smoke weed, then you give them leeway to strip you of any freedom they deem necessary. This isn’t complicated stuff. Bob posted Ben Franklin’s quote about freedom and security. I guess few people understand what that means or how valuable it is, anymore. People just want what suits them, at that moment. Screw freedom. Screw Constitutional rights. If it suits me, that’s just fine. I don’t care what the consequences are. I just want what I want. I can’t imagine why that’s a bad thing or how it might have brought us to our current situation.

I fully and unequivocally respect your stance. You are consistent.

Like I said Im very much anti big government, but I dont base my thoughts of this as being uniquely American, I simply think society would benefit from less or to be absent of all recreational drugs such as opioids, anti depressants, alcohol etc Im not out protesting or Excommunicado’ing my friends or wife. Just a simple I would vote against their legality if offered, and i would respect the vote as it stands, like I do now

We wouldnt have laws if there wasnt Constitution and we wouldnt have a Constitution if there wasnt a SCOTUS over seeing the constitutional protections to or against those laws. Elicit drug use isn't a constitutional protection.

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: J.G.] #9041475 05/02/24 01:31 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content OP
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
I made my decision using the best medical advice I could get at the time; I usually don't go to the Internet for medical advice...guess I will pay the consequences of my choice, at least here on the THF, as will any pot smokers who get caught.

You faught all of us telling you not to take the shots, and took this ^^^same stance as above.

Then you said you didn't know the Paramedics weren't getting the shots, and you wish you would have known. Well you did know, but "usually don't go to the internet for medical advice". Then you later whine on the internet that you were lied to by "medical professionals".

You are a walking piece of trash. Don't stand up here and lecture people about marijuana smoking in their own homes.

A Quote that will live in Infamy.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9041479 05/02/24 01:38 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

My, my what a little boy we are tonight, mamma scold you or something? You are a childish know-it-all.

JG- In concho’s defense he fully disclosed and openly admitted that his approach and thoughts On the Shot were wrong back in like 2022 or 2023. You just missed it. roflmao

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041480 05/02/24 01:40 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Jason didn’t miss that on either. I was in that thread LOL!

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9041484 05/02/24 01:45 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Lol, Ya I was just thinking he was in that thread too, roflmao

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9041485 05/02/24 01:45 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler

Think I was too and had technical difficulties soon after for a couple weeks...

[Linked Image]
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041487 05/02/24 01:46 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

I fully and unequivocally respect your stance. You are consistent.

Like I said Im very much anti big government, but I dont base my thoughts of this as being uniquely American, I simply think society would benefit from less or to be absent of all recreational drugs such as opioids, anti depressants, alcohol etc Im not out protesting or Excommunicado’ing my friends or wife. Just a simple I would vote against their legality if offered, and i would respect the vote as it stands, like I do now

We wouldnt have laws if there wasnt Constitution and we wouldnt have a Constitution if there wasnt a SCOTUS over seeing the constitutional protections to or against those laws. Elicit drug use isn't a constitutional protection.

Society would benefit from it. I agree. But who gets to decide what is morally acceptable and what isn’t? I don’t trust anyone to make that decision for me, therefore, I’m willing to let everyone else make that decision for themselves. A lot of people in power think that guns are immoral. Where is that line drawn?

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041501 05/02/24 02:24 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Society would benefit from it. I agree. But who gets to decide what is morally acceptable and what isn’t? I don’t trust anyone to make that decision for me, therefore, I’m willing to let everyone else make that decision for themselves. A lot of people in power think that guns are immoral. Where is that line drawn?

thats a very good argument.

gun not so much, as soon as the “other ” society invades for your resources, as they always do, its out the window. But first part is a valid and well thought concern. cheers

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041505 05/02/24 02:31 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

JG- In concho’s defense he fully disclosed and openly admitted that his approach and thoughts On the Shot were wrong back in like 2022 or 2023. You just missed it. roflmao

I didn't miss any of the grand standing sumbish, then sick, then groveling and whining that he "didn't know", then taking his original position again grand standing.

F him.

Shocked he was ever a detective, since it's impossible for him to get a clue.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9041506 05/02/24 02:32 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Call me names all you want.

See how this plays out for you.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041509 05/02/24 02:40 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Seeing as how nobody has the ability to reach through the internet and punch someone, back to the actual topic. The rescheduling doesn’t really do anything from a criminal justice standpoint. It does make it easier for clinical trials to take place through. Schedule I can’t be administered but schedule III can. The results will be interesting.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: ntxtrapper] #9041510 05/02/24 02:43 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Seeing as how nobody has the ability to reach through the internet and punch someone, back to the actual topic. The rescheduling doesn’t really do anything from a criminal justice standpoint. It does make it easier for clinical trials to take place through. Schedule I can’t be administered but schedule III can. The results will be interesting.

Would there not be several convictions over turned or at least reduced because of this? People serving 20+ years for weed?

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041516 05/02/24 02:46 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

thats a very good argument.

gun not so much, as soon as the “other ” society invades for your resources, as they always do, its out the window. But first part is a valid and well thought concern. cheers

I’ll take what I can get. up

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: J.G.] #9041524 05/02/24 03:04 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Call me names all you want.

See how this plays out for you.

Uhhh, you better see your own post, you called names first. It will play out for me just fine, I ain't skeered....your reading comprehension sucks too, I didn't lecture anyone on Marijuana smoking in their homes, it is in public that I lectured on...

Last edited by Concho; 05/02/24 03:11 AM.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9041526 05/02/24 03:13 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Would there not be several convictions over turned or at least reduced because of this? People serving 20+ years for weed?

This is from the BOP. Are there child predators, bank robbers ect ect who also had weed in the BOP? Yes. For nothing but simple marijuana possession, see below.

“As of January 2022, no offenders sentenced solely for simple possession of marijuana remained in the custody of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.”

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research-reports/weighing-impact-simple-possession-marijuana

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: ntxtrapper] #9041535 05/02/24 03:39 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

This is from the BOP. Are there child predators, bank robbers ect ect who also had weed in the BOP? Yes. For nothing but simple marijuana possession, see below.

“As of January 2022, no offenders sentenced solely for simple possession of marijuana remained in the custody of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.”

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research-reports/weighing-impact-simple-possession-marijuana

Hey that’s good to know, learn something new every day. Thanks for posting. I’m glad it’s not as a big of a deal as it used to be.

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041539 05/02/24 03:50 AM
10 Gauge Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
The problem with freedom to use and abuse substances is that substance abuse, including marijuana, undeniably accelerates the decay of society.

That will inevitably lead to more overreach and less freedom.

Gun grabbers love it. Anything that boosts crime statistics, gives them numbers to play with and scare the sheeple.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9041542 05/02/24 04:14 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Hey that’s good to know, learn something new every day. Thanks for posting. I’m glad it’s not as a big of a deal as it used to be.

The numbers have always been twisted by people to make it look like there were a lot of offenders in federal prison for weed because they wouldn’t mention that they were also there for several other violent crimes. The BOP separated the stats because of certain groups misrepresenting the offender’s convictions.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041545 05/02/24 04:57 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
I have always wondered if pot smokers just don't own firearms or is it not a disqualifier on the federal form?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide