Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Altercation at an estate sale today [Re: Jimbo1] #9039622 04/28/24 10:27 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Stopped in at Popeyes a couple days ago and my purchase totaled $10.81. Gave the young girl $21. She just blankly stared at me for a minute before I told her "Just give me a ten and the change." I was doing her a favor for not taking all her ones. She finally got it.

Happens all the time. If I cussed every person out that made math mistakes I wouldn't make it to work in the morning.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Altercation at an estate sale today [Re: Superduty] #9039659 04/28/24 01:04 PM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Superduty
Here is a secret on how to handle “altercations” like this. Most replies are quick snaps to respond to those verbal attacks and try to get back at that person and cut them deep.

Seriously, if you can train yourself to pause 4-5 seconds before replying it would be a huge change on outcomes. It is very difficult to master, unless of course it is in your nature. But if it is not it will truly benefit you. This can also be applied when it’s not confrontational as well.

Try it.

Yes! In an adversarial encounter, a controlled silence coupled with a hard stare can be intimidating in itself.
It also helps in personal relationships by avoiding blurting out something you can't back.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Altercation at an estate sale today [Re: Marc K] #9039664 04/28/24 01:13 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Marc K
Here is a secret on how to handle “altercations” like this. Most replies are quick snaps to respond to those verbal attacks and try to get back at that person and cut them deep.

Seriously, if you can train yourself to pause 4-5 seconds before replying it would be a huge change on outcomes. It is very difficult to master, unless of course it is in your nature. But if it is not it will truly benefit you. This can also be applied when it’s not confrontational as well.

Try it.

Yes! In an adversarial encounter, a controlled silence coupled with a hard stare can be intimidating in itself.
It also helps in personal relationships by avoiding blurting out something you can't back.

Grace under pressure has always served me well.

Re: Altercation at an estate sale today [Re: Marc K] #9039671 04/28/24 01:36 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Try it.

It took me way to long to learn this.

But I finally learned it.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Altercation at an estate sale today [Re: J.G.] #9039691 04/28/24 02:11 PM
topwater13 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by J.G.

Try it.

It took me way to long to learn this.

But I finally learned it.

Yeah....but then again, how are they ever going to know they are dumb (and/or arsehole) if nobody ever tells them. roflmao

Last edited by topwater13; 04/28/24 02:11 PM.
Re: Altercation at an estate sale today [Re: freerange] #9039874 04/28/24 09:43 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by freerange

Seriously, if you can train yourself to [/color]pause 4-5 seconds before replying[color:#CC0000] it would be a huge change on outcomes. It is very difficult to master, unless of course it is in your nature. But if it is not it will truly benefit you. This can also be applied when it’s not confrontational as well.

Try it.

Tlk, read the red above.

been on this site for years and have never had that happen before - sorry

You can't fix stupid
Re: Altercation at an estate sale today [Re: DustyArmadillo] #9040039 04/29/24 12:37 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Wife and I went estate & garage selling Saturday and a couple on Sunday. We usually have a very good experience with the sellers, quite often exchange interesting BS.
BTW Saturday was a very good day, lots of sales with neat stuff.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Altercation at an estate sale today [Re: DustyArmadillo] #9040049 04/29/24 01:06 PM
P
pop r Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
It's not worth the BS. Just walk away from the moment without cussing to live another day.

Re: Altercation at an estate sale today [Re: DustyArmadillo] #9040164 04/29/24 04:51 PM
J
jrs_39 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
My neighbor decided to have an estate sale before moving. I told him I would never invite strangers into my home. He laughed. 4 hours later he was cuffed in his front yard for pushing a black woman out of the door because he didn't like the way she was arguing over the price.

I doubt he broke even after attorney and court costs.

Re: Altercation at an estate sale today [Re: jrs_39] #9040290 04/29/24 09:01 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by jrs_39
My neighbor decided to have an estate sale before moving. I told him I would never invite strangers into my home. He laughed. 4 hours later he was cuffed in his front yard for pushing a black woman out of the door because he didn't like the way she was arguing over the price.

I doubt he broke even after attorney and court costs.

roflmao Yeah, I don't miss the masses knocking on the garage door before 7am. It's a business down here. 90% is in a yard being resold that afternoon. ¿Entiende?

I'd much rather just give stuff away. Speaking of which --- anyone need a birdcage and/or antique school desk? PM me. ABSOLUTELY FREE! Pick up only. Okay, okay, if you're between Boerne and Junction, I'll meet you on I10...sometime.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide