Forums46
Topics538,354
Posts9,736,202
Members87,083
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Four rounds of ammo and 12 years in a Turkish prison [Re: Texas Dan] #9038777 04/26/24 11:32 AM
Tbar Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I went through Love Field one time wearing an old hunting jacket. A single .22LR round had worked itself inside the liner via the pocket. What a !@#$% rodeo that turned out to be with TSA. They even got the Dallas Police involved.

Make America Great Again

Re: Four rounds of ammo and 12 years in a Turkish prison [Re: Texas Dan] #9038785 04/26/24 12:23 PM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Call me an idiot, but some of you don't realize how even a large rifle round can get trapped somewhere in a pack. It happened to me flying out of Austin. I dumped it and shook it upside down at home when I packed it. They easily saw it on the scanner but it took a lot of effort to actually find it, even after taking everything out. The TSA crew acted like they had discovered a terrorist but Austin PD said "no foul" because it was only one round and was obviously an accident. They laughed at TSA and told me to have a good day.

Now, I have one pack dedicated for carry on and it never has ammo in it.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Four rounds of ammo and 12 years in a Turkish prison [Re: Texas Dan] #9038817 04/26/24 01:13 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
I was with my family on a connecting flight in London Heathrow a few years ago. At some point my backpack had spent rifle casings in it, but I hadn't used that pack for hunting in years. The CAA essentially detained me while they used all of their bomb screening tactics on the entire family's luggage. Luckily our connecting flight was delayed because we would have missed it otherwise.

Re: Four rounds of ammo and 12 years in a Turkish prison [Re: Marc K] #9038852 04/26/24 02:28 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Marc K
Call me an idiot, but some of you don't realize how even a large rifle round can get trapped somewhere in a pack. It happened to me flying out of Austin. I dumped it and shook it upside down at home when I packed it. They easily saw it on the scanner but it took a lot of effort to actually find it, even after taking everything out. The TSA crew acted like they had discovered a terrorist but Austin PD said "no foul" because it was only one round and was obviously an accident. They laughed at TSA and told me to have a good day.

It is what it is! You applied lessons learned!

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Four rounds of ammo and 12 years in a Turkish prison [Re: Marc K] #9038872 04/26/24 02:54 PM
G
gtrich94 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Marc K

Same thing happened to me, but it was with an LC9 magazine full of 9mm. The thing got swallowed up somewhere in my backpack and TSA in Houston saw it on the x-ray. The agent freaked out and started puffing all up with a "what are you trying to do, you really thought you could sneak this through" attitude. I looked at him and told him I had no idea what he was talking about. After pulling everything out of my bag and running it through the x-ray another 3 times, he finally showed me the screen and I realized what was in the bag. The whole time I was standing there thinking I must have left a pocket knife in my bag. It never crossed my mind that it could have been a magazine with 7 - 9mm rounds. This backpack had like 6 different zippers and each pocket was really deep. Even with the x-ray showing us exactly where it was, it still took some digging before we found it. After he finally found the magazine, he made a big show out of removing the ammo and counting it. I thought he was going to stroke out on me when I asked him if I could at least have the magazine back.

As soon as I got home from that trip, I bought a dedicated hunting/range backpack and that thing never goes near an airport.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: Four rounds of ammo and 12 years in a Turkish prison [Re: gtrich94] #9038883 04/26/24 03:22 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The lesson here is don't mix hunting/shooting packs with your business or pleasure travel packs/luggage. I have seen a pack get an alert from a swab testing positive for explosives because they had been using the pack at an indoor shooting range.

To be determined
Re: Four rounds of ammo and 12 years in a Turkish prison [Re: TurkeyHunter] #9038997 04/26/24 07:21 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
The lesson here is don't mix hunting/shooting packs with your business or pleasure travel packs/luggage. I have seen a pack get an alert from a swab testing positive for explosives because they had been using the pack at an indoor shooting range.

Great advice.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Four rounds of ammo and 12 years in a Turkish prison [Re: Texas Dan] #9039046 04/26/24 09:24 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
FYI... A GoFundMe page has been set up for the family to help with expenses, and so far, more than $130,000 has been raised. Let the palm greasing begin.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide