Forums46
Topics538,117
Posts9,733,139
Members87,069
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: Ol Thumper] #9026408 03/29/24 04:03 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by kry226
Cut off their nose despite their face. How many gazillion economic dollars are they gonna lose now? Probably a lot of mom-n-pop businesses who made their money on catering to the NRs are gonna lose big time. Heck, they'll even be losing toll fees.

I mean, why else would you go to OK other than to hunt or fish? peep

What would make a big economic boost to Okla would be to lengthen the rifle season. Thats the main thing keeping Texans away, IMO. Our landowner in Okla is well connected politically and there was a hard push to extend rifle season by just one week a few years ago. Supposedly it was going to pass but it didnt. Rumor had it that the good old boys in Okla that grew up with archery just didnt want us. Now with this price increase its like they are building a wall around their State.

I’m in the minority but I’m very glad to see the price increase to cut down on some of the pressure. Unfortunately so many people have moved to north Texas and looking to hunt Oklahoma it’s absolutely insane so I welcome the price increase to keep it in check “OR” they can simply go to a draw system like so many other states do and see how everyone likes that instead. The states only so big and can only handle so many hunters so in my opinion this was well overdue.

As far as the rifle season length goes, it needs to stay just like it is. The hunting is as good as it is due to the length of rifle season and everything not getting shot to hell and I highly doubt this ever changes..

Thump, lots of good logic to your reply. I do see the other side of it and had to think before I replied before. My personal situation is unique because we control so much country. If I had a small place with small places all around then it would likely get shot up without the system they have in place and the price increase. Nothing is ever black and white.....

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: Ol Thumper] #9026409 03/29/24 04:05 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by kry226
Cut off their nose despite their face. How many gazillion economic dollars are they gonna lose now? Probably a lot of mom-n-pop businesses who made their money on catering to the NRs are gonna lose big time. Heck, they'll even be losing toll fees.

I mean, why else would you go to OK other than to hunt or fish? peep

What would make a big economic boost to Okla would be to lengthen the rifle season. Thats the main thing keeping Texans away, IMO. Our landowner in Okla is well connected politically and there was a hard push to extend rifle season by just one week a few years ago. Supposedly it was going to pass but it didnt. Rumor had it that the good old boys in Okla that grew up with archery just didnt want us. Now with this price increase its like they are building a wall around their State.

I’m in the minority but I’m very glad to see the price increase to cut down on some of the pressure. Unfortunately so many people have moved to north Texas and looking to hunt Oklahoma it’s absolutely insane so I welcome the price increase to keep it in check “OR” they can simply go to a draw system like so many other states do and see how everyone likes that instead. The states only so big and can only handle so many hunters so in my opinion this was well overdue.

As far as the rifle season length goes, it needs to stay just like it is. The hunting is as good as it is due to the length of rifle season and everything not getting shot to hell and I highly doubt this ever changes..

it wont cut down on pressure on private, it may cut down on a few WMA’s and the draw’s, but not private. leases are still cheap in terms of quality

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: Sniper John] #9026411 03/29/24 04:23 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
It will cut down on the number of people willing to pay the price period, that’s all that matters. The private land sector is going to be changing very soon as well on its on, I’ve been offered up to three times what I’m currently getting on leases and it’s routine to be offered double so with any luck this increase will at least slow it down somewhat. Also the chip plant is about to make the land prices in the south central Oklahoma area go though the roof so anyone hunting that area be prepared because I’m already getting calls over in our area from contractors working on it looking for places to hunt.

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: Ol Thumper] #9026421 03/29/24 04:38 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
It will cut down on the number of people willing to pay the price period, that’s all that matters. The private land sector is going to be changing very soon as well on its on, I’ve been offered up to three times what I’m currently getting on leases and it’s routine to be offered double so with any luck this increase will at least slow it down somewhat. Also the chip plant is about to make the land prices in the south central Oklahoma area go though the roof so anyone hunting that area be prepared because I’m already getting calls over in our area from contractors working on it looking for places to hunt.

its really only roughly $260 for most people. Most NR hunters only do “A” deer season.

I do think some NR might drop out of the draws though, I’ve been in bid wars with outfitters and NR for school leases, okla now has a rep for big deer, NR will continue to come just like they do to KS.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9026430 03/29/24 04:52 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

its really only roughly $260 for most people. Most NR hunters only do “A” deer season.

I do think some NR might drop out of the draws though, I’ve been in bid wars with outfitters and NR leases for school leases, okla now has a rep for big deer, They NR will continue to come just like they do to KS.

I can’t disagree with anything you said but at least the price increase is a start to attempt to control it. Ive been hearing rumors floating since well before this was announced about the state going to a draw system if this doesn’t slow it down by 2028 but who knows. Oklahoma isn’t a state that messes around so if they see a problem which they obviously do they generally fix it pretty damn quick so the draw rumor probably has some backbone to it.

I hope this helps the situation and by the comments in this thread alone it appears to have some shock factor to it but only time will tell.

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: Sniper John] #9026435 03/29/24 05:03 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
What is this "chip plant" you speak of?

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: freerange] #9026439 03/29/24 05:11 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
What is this "chip plant" you speak of?

The 30 plus billion dollar computer chip plants going in around Sherman.

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: Ol Thumper] #9026445 03/29/24 05:18 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

I do think some NR might drop out of the draws though, I’ve been in bid wars with outfitters and NR leases for school leases, okla now has a rep for big deer, They NR will continue to come just like they do to KS.

I can’t disagree with anything you said but at least the price increase is a start to attempt to control it. Ive been hearing rumors floating since well before this was announced about the state going to a draw system if this doesn’t slow it down by 2028 but who knows. Oklahoma isn’t a state that messes around so if they see a problem which they obviously do they generally fix it pretty damn quick so the draw rumor probably has some backbone to it.

I hope this helps the situation and by the comments in this thread alone it appears to have some shock factor to it but only time will tell.

if I only hunted one species, It wouldnt be that big of a deal but typically grab deer, 1-2 pronghorn and an elk tag most years, but ill just wait until I glass up a good one then buy a tag with mobile app

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: Sniper John] #9026596 03/30/24 12:57 AM
2flyfish4 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I don't know, it may cut down a little bit on some non residents coming to hunt. But for the most part people always seem to find the money, or should I say credit.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: Sniper John] #9026621 03/30/24 02:41 AM
2flyfish4 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I didn't see anything about turkey license? Did they jack that up to?

Seems every state is significantly increasing their turkey tags/license.

Last edited by 2flyfish4; 03/30/24 02:46 AM.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: Sniper John] #9027718 04/01/24 07:38 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I am kinda with freerange on this, there are plenty of deer to go around in OK at least the places i have seen.

This will probably reduce the traffic into WMAs but probably not as much as some think…for the cost of a deer lease these days, 708 dollars for a season of hunting public is still a lot cheaper than a lease.

And if lease prices are going to go thru the roof in north TX-southern OK as thumper says, this proce increase wont affect a thing other than bringing more revenue to the state wildlife dept.

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9028059 04/02/24 12:56 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
Holy S.

$208 for annual hunting

$505 -deer
505- elk
505 - pronghorn

ouchhhhhhhhhhh That hurts

Just checked. Mine didn’t increase
roflmao roflmao

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: BarneyWho] #9028062 04/02/24 01:05 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by BarneyWho
Holy S.

$208 for annual hunting

$505 -deer
505- elk
505 - pronghorn

roflmao roflmao

Bobo is getting screwed. LOL. I just logged into my account to see prices, and it is $300 for deer rifle season for me. Same as last year I believe.

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: BarneyWho] #9028065 04/02/24 01:08 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Holy S.

$208 for annual hunting

$505 -deer
505- elk
505 - pronghorn

roflmao roflmao

knew this was coming. I dont have alot of shame in my life, but fact a Mississippi boy has one and I dont is pretty shame full

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: unclebubba] #9028071 04/02/24 01:23 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Holy S.

$208 for annual hunting

$505 -deer
505- elk
505 - pronghorn

roflmao roflmao

Bobo is getting screwed. LOL. I just logged into my account to see prices, and it is $300 for deer rifle season for me. Same as last year I believe.

happens next year

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: Sniper John] #9028139 04/02/24 03:03 PM
TKM Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Glad i got my lifetime license in Oklahoma before i moved to Texas in the 90's.

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9028235 04/02/24 06:02 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Holy S.

$208 for annual hunting

$505 -deer
505- elk
505 - pronghorn

roflmao roflmao

happens next year

That's gonna sting.

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: Sniper John] #9028548 04/03/24 01:29 PM
D
DonPablo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
I want to apologize to everyone on here. I'm the reason for the price increase. I've never hunted OK and made the decision that I would do so this coming fall. Didn't mean for my bad luck to spoil things for the rest of you. confused2

Re: Oklahoma hunting fishing license fee increase [Re: DonPablo] #9028624 04/03/24 04:00 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by DonPablo
I want to apologize to everyone on here. I'm the reason for the price increase. I've never hunted OK and made the decision that I would do so this coming fall. Didn't mean for my bad luck to spoil things for the rest of you. confused2

Please, wash your car as well......

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide