THF Celebrity
R
Guy you’ve been posing for like 20 something years now you’re almost legit

Re: Extreme 2 vs SBE 2 [Re: Ramball36] #9033789 04/14/24 01:03 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Ramball, them birds mess with me they mess’n with fire!!!

Re: Extreme 2 vs SBE 2 [Re: Guy] #9035858 04/19/24 01:22 AM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by BDB
Or maybe send off my older 12g sbe2 and see if someone can get it to shoot duck loads.

It won't shoot duck loads? Mine shoots any shell I put in it. Maybe you clean it and pamper it too much, the more I abuse mine the better it shoots.

Nope. Its the damdest thing. I shot 8 limits of doves with it when I first bought it.. Cleaned it and got ready for ducks and it started jamming right away. Put up with it, tried about 5 different brands of duck loads over the next 2 seasons. Nothing worked. It jammed on all my buddies except one guy (no pun intended) and he admitted he really holds it tight to shoulder. took it to a gunsmith, they said gun was fine. Took back to dove loads and it never jammed. back to duck loads and it started jamming.

That when I went to my A400. That gun shoots but dam....the ergonomics of the beneli is alot better. I just brushed it off as a lemmon

Re: Extreme 2 vs SBE 2 [Re: BDB] #9035868 04/19/24 01:52 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BDB
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by BDB
Or maybe send off my older 12g sbe2 and see if someone can get it to shoot duck loads.

It won't shoot duck loads? Mine shoots any shell I put in it. Maybe you clean it and pamper it too much, the more I abuse mine the better it shoots.

Nope. Its the damdest thing. I shot 8 limits of doves with it when I first bought it.. Cleaned it and got ready for ducks and it started jamming right away. Put up with it, tried about 5 different brands of duck loads over the next 2 seasons. Nothing worked. It jammed on all my buddies except one guy (no pun intended) and he admitted he really holds it tight to shoulder. took it to a gunsmith, they said gun was fine. Took back to dove loads and it never jammed. back to duck loads and it started jamming.

That when I went to my A400. That gun shoots but dam....the ergonomics of the beneli is alot better. I just brushed it off as a lemmon

That’s strange. I have heard people complain their SBE2 doesn’t cycle light loads, but never duck loads. Try throwing it in the mud, seems to help mine.

Re: Extreme 2 vs SBE 2 [Re: BDB] #9036080 04/19/24 06:00 PM
O
OTL91 Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
O
Originally Posted by BDB
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by BDB

I would send it back to Benelli. I have seen on two occasions with two separate people where they did more than make it right.

1) Buddies gun had the choke threads strip and only a few threads were working... it was funny watching a choke splash in the water every now and then... he sent it back to see if they could cut and rethread... they sent him an entire new barrel.
2) Buddy was field hunting with a large group and when he pulled up to shoot the barrel exploded and the bolt broke from how bad it recoiled from what he thought was an obstructed barrel due to a possible stuck wad. Sent it to Benelli and their gunsmith took a look at it with a microscope of some sort and found out in fact when my buddy pulled up to shoot the guy next to him had shot his barrel (there were BB marks on the outside of his barrel) and caused the barrel to bend... they fixed the gun for him and told him he needs to watch out who he hunts with.

I had the new A5 and it was a POS. If it got down below about 40 degrees it was a single shot... tried everything... Browning was not easy to work with in terms of getting it sent to a factory gunsmith to get looked at.... traded it in and bought a Benelli. No issues other than when too much oil and water got into the recoil assembly in the butt of the gun and would not cycle on cold days. Cleaned it and it has been fine since.

Last edited by OTL91; 04/19/24 06:03 PM.
Re: Extreme 2 vs SBE 2 [Re: BDB] #9036094 04/19/24 06:30 PM
L
LarryCopper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by BDB
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by BDB

Wolff makes a +25% $13 recoil spring that would help ya. IMO you shouldn't have to buy aftermarket parts for a $1,500+ gun, but at this point I'd try it if I was in your shoes.

https://www.gunsprings.com/BENELLI/cID2/mID10/dID32#468

Re: Extreme 2 vs SBE 2 [Re: OTL91] #9036096 04/19/24 06:35 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by OTL91

I would send it back to Benelli.

This. Have you called them yet?

Re: Extreme 2 vs SBE 2 [Re: MedicineMan] #9036164 04/19/24 10:05 PM
R
RayB Online Content
red bone Bob
Online Content
red bone Bob
R
If you send it back to Benelli you might get it back by Teal season. Sent my barrel back to have the choke threads chased out and waited a month. I called and was told it was in line to be repaired. When I said just send me the tap and the barrel and I'll do it myself I got it back in a week.

There is time, and you must take it, to lay your hand on your dog's head as you walk past him lying on the floor or on his settle, time to talk with him, to remember with him, time to please him, time you can't buy back once he's gone" GBE
Re: Extreme 2 vs SBE 2 [Re: MedicineMan] #9036178 04/19/24 11:10 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I've not shot the Benelli in over 3 years now that I went to the A400. My son has it but he doesn't hunt hardly at all. I may get it and shoot some duck loads thru it. If it jams, I'll send it back to benelli. I suspect I may have cleaned it to much between my first dove season and duck season with it...but have seen reports of the same issue with them that i have had. But again, I thinks a lemmon....really want a 20g sbe2

Re: Extreme 2 vs SBE 2 [Re: BDB] #9036267 04/20/24 04:09 AM
2flyfish4 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by BDB
I've not shot the Benelli in over 3 years now that I went to the A400. My son has it but he doesn't hunt hardly at all. I may get it and shoot some duck loads thru it. If it jams, I'll send it back to benelli. I suspect I may have cleaned it to much between my first dove season and duck season with it...but have seen reports of the same issue with them that i have had. But again, I thinks a lemmon....really want a 20g sbe2

Where did you but you gun oil and cleaning supplies. My wife refuses to but her hair shampoo from Amazon bc she is convinced they sell tainted shampoo under brand name suppliers. I thought she was crazy. Then I got some hopes gun oil from Amazon. It looked fine at first but after a few months got all gummed up. Maybe I got a tainted "Amazon batch". But none the less I only buy my gun oils and cleaning supplies at reputable stores now.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Extreme 2 vs SBE 2 [Re: 2flyfish4] #9038614 04/25/24 10:42 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 2flyfish4
Originally Posted by BDB

Where did you but you gun oil and cleaning supplies. My wife refuses to but her hair shampoo from Amazon bc she is convinced they sell tainted shampoo under brand name suppliers. I thought she was crazy. Then I got some hopes gun oil from Amazon. It looked fine at first but after a few months got all gummed up. Maybe I got a tainted "Amazon batch". But none the less I only buy my gun oils and cleaning supplies at reputable stores now.

I nothing but Balistol to glean all my guns. Put some grease where the wear marks are on the guts

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide