Texas Hunting Forum

Brackettville area taxidermist?

Posted By: the lab

Brackettville area taxidermist? - 10/31/14 09:32 PM

We have a large group of hunters from Washington State heading to Extreme Bowhunting in Dec. If all goes well we should have a fair number of animals to take to the taxidermist (that is the good news). The problem is I don't have a taxidermist figured out (that is the bad news). I can not use the taxidermist from our last trip (very long story). I was hoping to find a good taxi with in about an hour drive of Brackettville. As we are out of state hunters it needs to be someone that can ship the finished mounts. It should work out to be several exotics (as many as 4) 2 whitetail and maybe even a ram and a goat. Of course that is assuming both the animals cooperate and we make our shots count. I was hoping to find some input from THF members and maybe see a mount or 2 from your experience. As with most people price is an issue, but I am far more concerned with turnaround time and quality. Thank you for any input.
Posted By: Mike Savoy

Re: Brackettville area taxidermist? - 10/31/14 10:43 PM

Are y'all flying or driving ?
Posted By: the lab

Re: Brackettville area taxidermist? - 10/31/14 11:18 PM

flying into San Antonio
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Brackettville area taxidermist? - 11/01/14 01:12 AM

I will send you some photos tomorrow from a Taxidermist in Uvalde and one in Castroville. Both are between you and San Antoino. I'm tied up with neighbors and trick or treaters tonight, happy3.
Posted By: bghunter3

Re: Brackettville area taxidermist? - 11/01/14 01:21 AM

There is Woodbury in Emeryville, but I don't know where that is in relation to brackville, great work but pticy
Posted By: therancher

Re: Brackettville area taxidermist? - 11/01/14 02:32 PM

If you use graves in uvalde you'll have to wait over a year for your animals.
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Brackettville area taxidermist? - 11/01/14 04:04 PM

The first photo is of a Blackbuck I killed on Valentines day this past February. Browder Graves (830-278-9419) mounted him for me. I picked him up from his shop last Saturday so thats about 8 months turn around time on the BlackBuck. I was pleased with the work.
The second photo is of a velvet Axis I killed the last week of May this year. Corey Burris (830-931-3727) mounted the Axis and I picked it up last Saturday as well so thats about a 6 month turnaround. I'm very pleased with the Axis mount.
Both Uvalde and Castroville are between you and the airport in San Antoino. Good Luck with your hunt and PM me if you need any more info. Baker

Posted By: bghunter3

Re: Brackettville area taxidermist? - 11/02/14 06:31 PM

I don't know how my post read that but Woodbury is in ingriam Texas, just outside kerrville
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum