Texas Hunting Forum

Mexico Goulds

Posted By: Jiggamitch

Mexico Goulds - 04/09/24 11:19 PM

Has anyone gone on a guided Goulds turkey hunt in Mexico? Safety is definitely a concern.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Mexico Goulds - 04/10/24 01:25 AM

I leave mid May for my Goulds hunt. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Posted By: Jiggamitch

Re: Mexico Goulds - 04/10/24 07:55 AM

I would really appreciate that! Thank you.
Posted By: brazosboyt

Re: Mexico Goulds - 04/21/24 02:33 PM

a good friend of mine owns and runs Yukkutz hunting and has some great Goulds locations. he runs a limited number of hunts in Sonora and has 45,000 acres in Durango with about 30 tags. i went with him to assess a big property last year and had a blast. having been to MX more times than i can count we never felt unsafe. the wife and i enjoyed an eve in Durango and loved the rough desert feel of the mountains south of Durango.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Mexico Goulds - 04/21/24 02:45 PM

when we went we spent 3 days tent camping one new ranch and a couple days in a cabin with no power and water. now he has it set up with both and i’m looking forward to going back with my youngest son in a couple weeks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

it’s not fancy accommodations but it’s a great experience on a lot of land with great mgmt of the birds and a lot of them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BrangusVA

Re: Mexico Goulds - 04/21/24 10:17 PM

Dream of mine

Re: Mexico Goulds - 04/22/24 12:56 PM

go sooner than later. with the increasing popularity of turkey hunting and the slam list madness, the prices are goi g to skyrocket. there’s way more demand than supply.

Re: Mexico Goulds - 05/16/24 02:43 AM

diego and yukkutz outfitters got their Durango operation up and going. we joined him for the last week with his family and friends. the previous 3 weeks they were 100% with 24/24. everyone got one in our group and there were still turkeys everywhere. he’s doing a great job of rotating locations and only shooting 30 birds off of 45,000 acres. my youngest got his gould’s and we had a great trip. i’m planning to go back in 2026 and have a 6 man group
locked with 1-2 slots open.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum