Texas Hunting Forum

Youth hunts in the South zone?

Posted By: Duckhawker

Youth hunts in the South zone? - 02/15/17 04:48 PM

My son is seven. We have been shooting for about a year and he is ready to try and kill his first turkey. He's been on several turkey hunts with me where I have shot birds. We have some places to go in the north zone once it opens up, but I'd like to get an early start if possible. He's shooting a twenty gauge and putting lots of holes in turkey targets at 20 yards. About 25 yards would be the maximum distance I would let him try a shot. I'd like to find a place where we can either sit in a good blind or I can set up a ground blind. A jake would be fine.

If anyone knows of a property offering hunts like this, please feel free to pm me or just respond here. I'm willing to pay standard fees. Thank you.

Corey Roelke
Posted By: TenTenWhitetails

Re: Youth hunts in the South zone? - 02/15/17 05:15 PM

Pm sent
Posted By: sendit

Re: Youth hunts in the South zone? - 02/16/17 05:12 AM

Originally Posted By: UTAhunter
My son is seven. We have been shooting for about a year and he is ready to try and kill his first turkey. He's been on several turkey hunts with me where I have shot birds. We have some places to go in the north zone once it opens up, but I'd like to get an early start if possible. He's shooting a twenty gauge and putting lots of holes in turkey targets at 20 yards. About 25 yards would be the maximum distance I would let him try a shot. I'd like to find a place where we can either sit in a good blind or I can set up a ground blind. A jake would be fine.

If anyone knows of a property offering hunts like this, please feel free to pm me or just respond here. I'm willing to pay standard fees. Thank you.

Corey Roelke

Where are you located, how far do you want to drive? I am not an outfitter but do own property with a good turkey population. I would be willing to help your son get a bird.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum