Texas Hunting Forum

Ocellated Turkey - Campeche, Mexico

Posted By: fishpig30

Ocellated Turkey - Campeche, Mexico - 04/22/14 06:00 PM

I've been fortunate to do some hunting all over, but this hunt was exceptional. I co-hosted a hunt that my dad was able to attend. We just returned from Campeche, Mexico. The group that came with me has asked me to host again and we'll be going back as a father/son group in 2016 and 2018.

It was great to spend time with my dad and make new friends. From the food to the hunting everything was great and it was a true adventure in every sense. When I get the entire experience blogged I'll share the link if anyone would like more of a play by play of the entire trip.

Our group was lucky enough to take 11 ocellated turkeys, 2 brocket deer, 1 curassow, and 1 javelina in 3 of the 5 hunting days. We opted to leave one day early and explore the ruins in Edzna. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Our outfitter has been guiding hunters all over Mexico for over 20 years. He has it dialed in, quite simply put, he is the best of the best. We've been through a few of them down there and now we will only work with him.

If you are interested in booking an ocellated turkey hunt feel free to email me at ryan@getducks.com or PM me for my phone number. If you are in the Dallas area I'm always up for meeting a fellow hunter and meeting up and grabbing some lunch.

Re: Ocellated Turkey - Campeche, Mexico - 04/22/14 06:02 PM

Re: Ocellated Turkey - Campeche, Mexico - 04/22/14 07:09 PM

Here is a link for more info on this hunt that we offer.

ryan@getducks.com

http://www.getducks.com/guided-hunts-by-...ey-hunting.aspx
Posted By: barnez

Re: Ocellated Turkey - Campeche, Mexico - 04/23/14 05:46 AM

Beautiful birds, congrats!
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Ocellated Turkey - Campeche, Mexico - 04/23/14 05:50 AM

Beautiful Birds and looks like a great experience. Congrats up
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: Ocellated Turkey - Campeche, Mexico - 05/09/14 01:25 PM

awesome birds, I like the long hooks. what is tha black bird ? Forrest
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Ocellated Turkey - Campeche, Mexico - 05/09/14 01:31 PM

Now that is a set of hooks!! Call them wallhangers!

Gman
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Ocellated Turkey - Campeche, Mexico - 05/09/14 01:52 PM

That's some awesome stuff there, congrats to all.
Posted By: Western

Re: Ocellated Turkey - Campeche, Mexico - 05/11/14 12:10 AM

Incredible color! Looks better than some state side hunt if you go by just the "odds/ kill ratio"

I have a buddy either on his way down, or there now. Cant wait to hear his story as well.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Ocellated Turkey - Campeche, Mexico - 05/16/14 06:46 PM

Those are beautiful birds. Almost look like peacocks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum