Texas Hunting Forum

stuck in the truck!

Posted By: KeithTT

stuck in the truck! - 03/16/14 11:47 AM

Me and Ramsey are stuck in the truck this morning with heavy lightning winds rain and thunderstorms pounding seguin Texas. Anybody else in south Texas hating the weather this weekend? Oh yeah we smashed a giant 4 year old yesterday evening. Birds were looking awesome Friday but as soon as the bad weather rolled in they became tight lipped and non moving.
Posted By: crankbait

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/16/14 01:59 PM

Are they pretty vocal in Seguin? I'll be just south of you next weekend near Kenedy. Had to miss the opener this weekend.
Posted By: KYBLUEFAN

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/16/14 05:50 PM

You finally get out of the truck?
Posted By: Newt1234

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/17/14 12:06 AM

I could see the lightning headed your way from Kinney this morning. Really windy so the birds were spooky and not calling today. Got a nice 2 year old yesterday afternoon though.

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/17/14 06:39 PM

Extremely vocal but still henned up pretty good. We were able to call two big birds in about 1045 Saturday morning but those were the only two that came to a call all weekend. Friday and today were perfect blue skies nice temps birds everywhere fighting and looking for love. No wind hardly at ask. Seen over 60 birds today and I'm at camp. Haven't gone out looking for them
Posted By: txshntr

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/17/14 06:47 PM

Didn't I get a pic of a bird down from there confused2
Posted By: BMowatt

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/17/14 07:10 PM

Keith. I will be there 3/28 before lunch. We can hunt that afternoon, Saturday amd Sunday. Pen up 4 birds for me.
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/17/14 07:25 PM

So it's early season, and only got two to come to a call all weekend? I thought early season was the time them big ole Toms would come running?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/17/14 07:29 PM

Cold wet year will have everything pushed back
Posted By: Hunter4lifeĀ°

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/17/14 07:35 PM

PICS

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/17/14 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
Cold wet year will have everything pushed back
agreed! Ramsey rescheduled for April 9th. Should be smoking hot here in about a week cause they are starting to get frisky.

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/17/14 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: talkturkey
So it's early season, and only got two to come to a call all weekend? I thought early season was the time them big ole Toms would come running?
there us a big difference in early season for bedding and winter flocks. These birds are in flocks and are not fighting since it was 40 degrees and nasty yesterday. Friday they were fighting and they would have been easy targets and today they are all over going crazy. Weather is dictating their actions right now as it usually does.
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/17/14 07:58 PM

roflmao

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/17/14 09:44 PM

Not sure did Ramsey send you one. Hey if someone could text me I can text then a pic of Ramsey s bird and they could post it. If not gonna have to wait till I Getty home in four weeks
Posted By: txshntr

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/18/14 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: KeithTT
Not sure did Ramsey send you one. Hey if someone could text me I can text then a pic of Ramsey s bird and they could post it. If not gonna have to wait till I Getty home in four weeks

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/18/14 03:08 AM

Yup that would be the bird I have some better pics to spurs beard etc
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/18/14 04:37 AM

Thanks TREX

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/18/14 03:48 PM

Ramsey shot that bird and said "I'm back". Man Ramsey you should have seen all the birds yesterday and today. I figured they would be going nuts since they got shut down for two days with that weather. Can't wait till you get back April 9th its going to be on. Ooh and bring a coyote call they have been right here by camp real thick.
Posted By: PSE-Madman

Re: stuck in the truck! - 03/20/14 02:56 PM

nice bird Ram-easy. you just butt dialed me and I heard some funky noise in the back ground. sounded like you were dragging a body. lol
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum