Texas Hunting Forum

Question

Posted By: Rafter F

Question - 03/09/10 08:26 AM

Could there be anything illegal with displaying a beard from your rearview. Had an older man tell me it could cause some problems. I say bs shouldn't be any different than havin mounts on the walls. He also mentioned the samething bout my spur necklace. Anyone ever heard of such?

Posted By: Ed Lingenfelter

Re: Question - 03/10/10 03:17 PM

Well there is a regulation against displaying recently harvested game. So you cannot put a deer on the hood of your truck and drive around town. But I cannot see that applying to your situation. Ask the next game warden you see.

Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: Question - 03/10/10 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed Lingenfelter
Well there is a regulation against displaying recently harvested game. So you cannot put a deer on the hood of your truck and drive around town. But I cannot see that applying to your situation. Ask the next game warden you see.

??? WHERE DID YOU SEE THIS???

I say now problem displaying beards or spurs anyway or anywhere you want. MOST non-hunters wouldn't have a clue what they were to begin with.

Can't be any worse that a mounted fish, shark jaws, deer mounts, long horns ect... I've seen in resaurants all over the USA.

Posted By: robbf213

Re: Question - 03/10/10 04:14 PM

Well there is a regulation against displaying recently harvested game. So you cannot put a deer on the hood of your truck and drive around town.

No there's not. Just common sense, don't give people who have no opinion either way on hunting a reason to lean anti. 99% of the people out there wouldn't know what it is anyway.

Re: Question - 03/10/10 06:51 PM

The Hunter Education course teaches exactly that you maynot display a recently harvested animal. Remember the booklet you get from a license issuer is not the entire regulation. There are specific regulations concerning migratory bird feathers. Although I do not think you would have a problem with hanging a Turkey beard from your mirror.

Posted By: robbf213

Re: Question - 03/11/10 03:25 AM

Sorry Ed, there's no law prohibiting it. Trust me...

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Question - 03/11/10 03:59 AM

The Hunter Education course teaches exactly that you maynot display a recently harvested animal. Remember the booklet you get from a license issuer is not the entire regulation. There are specific regulations concerning migratory bird feathers. Although I do not think you would have a problem with hanging a Turkey beard from your mirror.

Your instuctor must have been rolling his own.

Re: Question - 03/11/10 01:52 PM

Well that maybe right. I think the main thing is common sense. I cannot see anything wrong with a beard on your mirror back in the day folks had racoon tails and squirrel tales on the car antenna.

Posted By: BOHUNTERDANIEL

Re: Question - 03/11/10 02:38 PM

Hell yeah put that big ol beard up their. I got 2 on mine. Just dont be puttin no illegal stuff up their lol. use your head

Posted By: Rafter F

Re: Question - 03/11/10 03:38 PM

Oh it's there! Just thought that was the craziest thing I'd ever heard of!

Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Question - 03/11/10 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: robbf213
Sorry Ed, there's no law prohibiting it. Trust me...

I'll take robbf213's word for it wink

Posted By: DeerHunter14

Re: Question - 03/12/10 06:37 PM

What happened to those days where you could show off your kill and place your guns in the back of your truck.

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Question - 03/17/10 03:41 AM

Mexican drug gangs pay good money for that stuff now...

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum