Texas Hunting Forum

Bobcat Limit

Posted By: HuntinForTail

Bobcat Limit - 01/04/10 08:50 PM

I've seen many pictures on this forum of people taking multiple bobcats in one day or even one hunt.
I just shot my first bobcat couple of weeks ago and brought it to a taxidermist in the Houston area. He made sure to ask me is it was the only bobcat I had taken this year. He said that in 2009 Texas put a limit on bobcats so that now you can only shoot one a year.
I assume he knows his stuff. I just wanted to see if anyone else was aware of the new law, especially people who are posting pictures of multiples in one day.

Re: Bobcat Limit - 01/04/10 09:00 PM

And I've looked on the Texas Parks and Wildlife website and google but can't find any truth to what he said. I assume he knows his stuff though seeing how taxidermists are so regulated by TPW and he is a very well known taxidermist.

Posted By: ffread

Re: Bobcat Limit - 01/04/10 10:04 PM

No that is not a law at all, think he was feeding you a line of BS

Posted By: coondawg

Re: Bobcat Limit - 01/04/10 10:15 PM

NO, not true he must be one of those cat lovers /// haaa

Posted By: jodster

Re: Bobcat Limit - 01/04/10 10:30 PM

I heard that for state land.

Posted By: 7mag

Re: Bobcat Limit - 01/04/10 10:30 PM

No limit on them, I am not sure why he would even say something like that.

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Bobcat Limit - 01/04/10 10:32 PM

there is no limit.

Re: Bobcat Limit - 01/05/10 02:00 PM

That's what I thought. Especially when I couldn't find it on the TPW website. But he was telling me that he used to have a few guys that would come in and sell him bobcats and they can't anymore and he seems like someone who would know what he is talking about. He must be mistaken.

Posted By: muddslinger_lp

Re: Bobcat Limit - 01/05/10 08:08 PM

No limit!!!!!

Posted By: jdw

Re: Bobcat Limit - 01/06/10 02:28 AM

in louisiana there is a one cat limit per hunting season, but not it texas, at least not yet. i wouldnt doubt it if one day it will happen. they put a limtit on gator gar last year to one a day. anything is possible.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum