Texas Hunting Forum

Hog hunting Granger Lake area?

Posted By: jasonm

Hog hunting Granger Lake area? - 12/23/09 11:43 PM

Anyone been hog hunting around the Granger Lake area? Thinking about going and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Hog hunting Granger Lake area? - 12/24/09 04:10 PM

Remember it is bow only on public land. I have heard from a lot of ppl that there are a lot of hogs there. i have never hunted there but I have spent a lot of time in that area. Looks like there would be a lot ofpiggies there. Good luck

Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Hog hunting Granger Lake area? - 12/24/09 07:08 PM

hope to get out there pretty soon myself

Posted By: rsquared

Re: Hog hunting Granger Lake area? - 12/24/09 07:58 PM

ouixch and i were trying to head out last summer and never pulled it off.

i am up for a trip for the local austin crowd

Posted By: cthunter

Re: Hog hunting Granger Lake area? - 12/24/09 08:10 PM

Just remember they are probaly not coming out until after dark with the deer hunting going on. Also TPWD last year shot and killed alot of hogs with the aid of a helicopter. If the hogs are that big of a prob, do away with the permits on some weekends and get groups to do drives. I have never seen them out there personally, but I have heard them, smelled them, and heard them grind teeth right behind me in the brush. Right now the whole area is tracked up and full of signs. Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you. I have seen most of the signs at the #6 area.

Posted By: horn section

Re: Hog hunting Granger Lake area? - 12/24/09 08:18 PM

it has been a few years since I went out there. We usually went after deer season was over. I think we started going at the beginning of february and had some pretty good luck. It would be about 4-5 or us and would just spread out a little and push through the land and scare them up. There was a good piece of property that we went to but u couldn't drive to it you had to park on a county road, follow the rr tracks, and cross a bridge. pm me and I will tell you how exactly to get there.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum