Or equivelant attractant?

Thanks,
"B"

Posted By: BigBow

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/14/06 08:36 PM

none, just some beer, water and corn, let sit in the sun for a few weeks

Posted By: katkiller

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/15/06 04:17 AM

have ya ever tried the "hawg wild" attractant it's pretty cool stuff and you can get it at wallyworld or academy's?

Posted By: sasquatch

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/15/06 11:32 AM

BigBow,
Corn, covered with hot water, add 1 pack bakers yeast.
2 days to sour.

Posted By: BigBow

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/15/06 11:50 AM

problem is I have lots of beer and no yeast, I would have to go to the store to get yeast and then it would take me a while to find it...

Posted By: Danny

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/15/06 11:48 PM

Get some raspberry jello and either dig a hole and put it in the hole or pour some out on the ground and pour water on it to get it into the soil. Hog Wild works really good too and it is raspberry flavored. Good luck.

Posted By: catfishatc

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/16/06 02:23 AM

I took the advice found here and tried corn mixed with a little diesel and rasberry jello in a few test spots - hogs ate it up! Went back and dug some deeper holes and filled with the same mixture - will be checking this weekend.

Posted By: Wild Boar

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/17/06 02:56 AM

I use strawberry or grape jello

Posted By: 300shooter

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/17/06 06:29 PM

I use the Fruit punch mix that wally world sells for 1.50 for a 36oz can that works great on these hogs along the river.

Doc

Posted By: TxWidowMaker

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/18/06 07:20 PM

Grape jello is my choice.

Posted By: g220

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/18/06 09:45 PM

Here's my 2 cents:

I've uses deer corn mixed with the Hog Wild Molases and buryed it and they tore it up pretty quick.

g220

Posted By: operationporkchop

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/21/06 10:10 PM

I did the same thing, corn and pig out and let it sit for a few days in a 5 gallon bucket in the sun. But then took someones advice and used grape and strawberry jello. This mixture worked just as well if not better and was alot cheaper.

Posted By: Buck_N_Hook

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/22/06 05:38 PM

know many that claim Raspberry to be the best

Posted By: Grinder

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/22/06 06:21 PM

Stawberry Jello works the best. I can't believe someone would put diesel on something for an animal you were planning to eat???? If I were going to put oil of some sort it would be vegetable oil. Plain ol' water, corn and strawberry jello in a bucket is all it takes.

Posted By: Big Orn

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/22/06 11:06 PM

Quote:

I can't believe someone would put diesel on something for an animal you were planning to eat????

They get the oil/diesel whether you put it out for them or they get it from underneath a tractor or skidder or some other piece of equipment.

Is it worse than beer, whiskey, wild women and hard living?

Posted By: Family Style

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/23/06 01:44 AM

Don't waste beer on pigs. They don't now the differace between cheap beer or good beer. Pig out and Jello of any flavor are best. Wall Mart sells some pretty cheap Jello that works just as good for pigs as the "Jello" brand does.

If pigs are in your area you won't need Jello, Pigout or anything except straight corn.Just set up a tripod,or tree stand close to your feeder and hunt at night with a gun light.

If you have pigs close and your feeding they will come. In deer season they will almost always be out at night.

Pigs act just like Coons. They don't come out much during the daylight for anything, even Jello. Just my two cents.

Posted By: Eager Rookie

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/23/06 12:44 PM

You can't go wrong with Strawberry.

Posted By: jsoukup

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/23/06 02:30 PM

If you use yeast, don't put it in a sealed container. I blew the lid off a 5 gallon bucket one time with my hog makins. But then I knew it was going to be good.

Posted By: hunter1st

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/24/06 11:52 AM

RandyWood, If you have pigs close and your feeding they will come. In deer season they will almost always be out at night.

Question, what would be the most common time at night, just after sunset, before rise, or is it predictable?

Posted By: Grinder

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/25/06 12:50 AM

My trail camera tells me that they come out about 1 hour after dark. I'm too lazy to stay up so, I use a trap and get them after the morning coffee.

Posted By: Family Style

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/25/06 05:10 PM

Most of the time about an hour to three hours after dark. it just depends. Hogs and deer are not stupid. They know if they want the corn they must get there before the coons,and Turkeys.The one that gets there first and eats the fastest gets the most.

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/28/06 01:52 AM

Quote:

Stawberry Jello works the best. I can't believe someone would put diesel on something for an animal you were planning to eat???? If I were going to put oil of some sort it would be vegetable oil. Plain ol' water, corn and strawberry jello in a bucket is all it takes.

I use diesel because no other animal besides hogs will eat it I dont wont to feed the coons.

Posted By: biz

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 09/28/06 02:03 AM

around here we like to only feed hogs,corn ant cheap when you use 5 bags every 3 days....

Posted By: txslowpoke

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 10/10/06 01:03 AM

Can someone give more details on how much Jello you use? New to hog hunting, so any help is appreciated.
thx

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 10/10/06 01:11 AM

I put 1 large box or 2 small boxes in about 3 gallons of corn cover with water and one beer stir up and let it sit about a week. Add a couple cups of diesel if you only want hogs to eat it.

Posted By: txslowpoke

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 10/10/06 01:32 AM

Thx,
Went by my cousins feeder Sunday and had 4 hogs on it, stopped about 50 yds from them (me,wife, 2 boys in the samurai, cousin and daughter on a 4 wheeler and watched them for about 5 minutes or more before they took off. We talked the whole time pointing at them etc. 2 would be in the 180-200lb range the other 2 under 100lbs.... All we had was a 12 guage with bird shot and a BB gun, I knew I should have brought my old 30-30. Thx for the info

Posted By: HornsHunter16

Re: What is the best Jello flavor for hogs? - 10/16/06 01:38 AM

strawberry

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum