Texas Hunting Forum

CARVIVORE crew in West Texas.

Posted By: HWY_MAN

CARVIVORE crew in West Texas. - 03/03/24 02:21 AM

7 dog's called in, 3 on the ground. Thought Gary was going to get in a fist fight with one, he stopped it with a lever action 44 Mag and open sights. Never seen a Yote come in that hard.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: CARVIVORE crew in West Texas. - 03/03/24 02:41 PM

thats cool! Congrats and nice shooting Gary
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: CARVIVORE crew in West Texas. - 03/03/24 06:40 PM

Love these stories
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: CARVIVORE crew in West Texas. - 03/04/24 12:44 AM

Another quick hunt this morning and the number is now 8 called in and 4 down, Gary took another one this morning with the 44. Those 200 grain 44's hit like a hammer and he took both at close to 75 yards. Next time we'll really challenge him and make him hunt with a smoothbore flintlock. If that don't work we'll make him chunk rocks or throw sticks, he'd still probably out shoot me.
Even with the winds like they were the FREQ was still pulling them in, it's got the volume to fight the wind, even my deaf azz can hear it.
I cheated and took my 2 with the Ruger Predator in 243 and my favorite Hornady 58 grain V-MAX's, it folds them up pretty good. I'll post some pic's when Steve sends them to me.

Always a fun hunt when Gary and Steve show up. Thanks guy's.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: CARVIVORE crew in West Texas. - 03/04/24 02:42 PM

Thanks, Mike! Yes, always a really good time! I know better than that, you do pretty good shooting. I seem to recall the last stand Saturday evening...
Let me know if you didn't get the photos and I will have Steve resend.
Adios,
Gary
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum