Texas Hunting Forum

Lights for Night Hunting

Posted By: CaterpillarMan10

Lights for Night Hunting - 12/02/15 07:21 PM

What lights are you guys using to predator and varmint hunt at night? I have used the cheap 12v spot lights, but am tired of not having enough light or the quality of focused light to hunt effectivly.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/02/15 07:53 PM

I use a Sniper Hawg Lights 66LR. It's the only light I have used so I really can't say if it's any better than some of the others. Green seems to work best for me and only out to MAYBE 100 yards. I have it mounted on my AR15 with a 4-12X Redfield scope. It can be hard to line up the light perfectly in the crosshairs.
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/02/15 08:24 PM

A kill light 2 or a wicked light by elusive wildlife. They shine up to 200-250 yards and lights up eyes to 400
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/03/15 12:09 AM

How far do you need to see and under what conditions? There is a plethora of good hunting lights on the market.

Depending upon what you are hunting, how far you need to see and your budget, any number of lights might be suitable for you. Don't go out and buy a light based solely on what others here use, unless YOUR needs are the same.

Flint
Posted By: CaterpillarMan10

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/03/15 12:52 AM

Seeing eyes at 300 yards would be great. Would like kill light capable to at least 150 yds with good optics. Mainly hunting central Texas and hill country crop fields, hay meadows, and openings for fox, coyote, bobcat, raccoons, and hogs. Preferably I would like to have a hand held light to spot and a scope mounted light for shooting.
Posted By: firemed13

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/03/15 05:28 AM

My friends used the wicked lights green 402z model and made kills out to 150 yards.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/03/15 01:24 PM

streamlight
Posted By: mikei

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/03/15 01:36 PM

I have this very old red light, and a much newer, (and much more expensive!)Wicked green light, and for my typical use at 100 yards or less, I have found no difference in effectiveness. Most certainly, a night light with a beam you can focus would be a better option for longer ranges.

Posted By: Freeman

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/03/15 04:05 PM

Xlr 250 in green is what I use. Check out these: http://www.lightmalls.com/uniquefire-hs-802-cree-green-light-long-range-led-flashlight-1-18650
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/03/15 04:27 PM

Just be careful with the one you choose. It depends how far you will shoot to if its only 75-100 yards in my experience don't get the real bright lights because I have had them scare coyotes and a number of hogs.
Posted By: Jeff Thomason

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/03/15 04:48 PM

Get a Wicked 403 IC....I also recommend the Ergo Scan grip. Makes it much more comfortable for scanning. You can change the LED color, focus the beam, and mount to a gun if you want...

www.NightHuntingDepot.com
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/03/15 11:32 PM

I have a 'Laser Genetics', green adjustable laser mounted on a rifle. The beam is adjustable from wide to pin point. See Bass Pro, bought mine from Sportsman Guide. To me it works great out to 150 yds.
Posted By: TexasOutdoorsman

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/04/15 09:33 PM

Sniper Hawg Lights are the best in my opinion! Company is Based in Victoria Tx, Good people good made products.

I use Red personally
Posted By: bg75074

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 12/07/15 04:22 PM

I use an Orion hg20-G scope mounted green light, I have spooked several hogs with it. Works best to turn on above target and bring down to slowly illuminate.
Posted By: Texaslineman

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 01/04/16 04:22 AM

SNIPER HOG LIGHTS IS THE WAY TO GO I HAVE THEIR 66 WITH THE IR LED FOR MY ATN AND ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW THE WICKED ARE GREAT BUT I WANTED RED GREEN AND IR AS I USE MULTIPLE SET UPS HUNTING HOG
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 01/06/16 02:54 AM

I got a Xlr 250 just before Christmas, but haven't tried it yet.

JR
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 01/06/16 03:31 AM

Coyote Light is the cats meow.

Posted By: nastynate

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 01/06/16 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By: DStroud
Coyote Light is the cats meow.

I will second that DStroud... it's well worth the money! I don't have any pictures uploaded on this computer to show!
Posted By: TexasOutdoorsman

Re: Lights for Night Hunting - 01/07/16 02:41 AM

http://www.sniperhawglights.com/

Sniper Hawg Lights work great!! i use red and i have had it for 3 years and still runs like new!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum