Texas Hunting Forum

Electronic Calls

Posted By: doublez

Electronic Calls - 02/16/15 05:41 PM

Other than Foxpro, is there anything out there that is a quality call? Cost really isn't the issue, I am just wondering if there is anything else that you guys have used with good results.
Posted By: dogdown23

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/17/15 01:08 AM

Johnny Stewart makes a decent one.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/17/15 05:15 AM

Wildlife Technologies make the mighty atom. Best call on the market. Look them up on the web.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/17/15 08:20 AM

Burnham Brothers, a Texas company makes and sells electronic calls.
Posted By: Western

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/17/15 12:55 PM

I made on back in the early 80's and still have it. I bet with a smart phone, an app with calls, amplifier and speaker, a fella could still make one for under $100. Of course they aren't as compact as the one piece dealys y'all have now.
Posted By: OffCoor1

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/17/15 05:18 PM

Always been curious about the Mojo Double Trouble
Posted By: Reality Outdoors

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/18/15 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Ramsey
Wildlife Technologies make the mighty atom. Best call on the market. Look them up on the web.

Awsome call
Posted By: VAFish

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/18/15 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
I made on back in the early 80's and still have it. I bet with a smart phone, an app with calls, amplifier and speaker, a fella could still make one for under $100. Of course they aren't as compact as the one piece dealys y'all have now.

Well before Radio Shack went bankrupt you could buy a battery powered amplifier, and speaker for about $40, hook it up to an MP3 player or your smart phone, there are quite a few calls as MP3 files on the web, and use that.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Electronic-Predator-Call/
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/18/15 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Reality Outdoors
Originally Posted By: Ramsey

Awsome call

I have no experience with WT but it seems like for $589 they would provide a decent remote that doesn't look like something from the 80s. How do you switch sounds in the dark? Do you have to memorize the sound list or pull out a flashlight to read the list?
Posted By: dogdown23

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/18/15 05:51 PM

FoxPro ShockWave is a great call, probably has the best remote on the market.
Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/18/15 10:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BUB2DTwUjU

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/19/15 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By: VAFish

Well before Radio Shack went bankrupt you could buy a battery powered amplifier, and speaker for about $40, hook it up to an MP3 player or your smart phone, there are quite a few calls as MP3 files on the web, and use that.

Only some of the stores were closed, only one out of 3 in Abilene were closed.
Posted By: Western

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/19/15 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: VAFish

That is what I have, bet you can still get that online though.
Posted By: Buck_N_Hook

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/19/15 07:01 PM

I just picked up a FoxPro SpitFire at Dick's on Clearance and used a coupon to boot.

Anybody have one of these? I need to pick up some batteries so have not even fired it up.
Posted By: OffCoor1

Re: Electronic Calls - 02/20/15 04:18 PM

I have a Wildfire 2... I think they are pretty comparable to a Spitfire. Nice sounds, but not a lot of volume......Have my Mighty Atom for those situations. Like the remote on the Wildfire. Good Huntin'
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum