Texas Hunting Forum

Late spring / early summer coyote questions.

Posted By: TXHENDO55

Late spring / early summer coyote questions. - 05/22/14 05:20 AM

I do most of my yote hunting during the fall and winter months. That being said, I've got quite a few dogs working our family farm and a few places we have access to hunt. Any advise on calling tactics for killing dogs this time of year? My Brother in law will be down next week and we will spend most of our time on the lake, but id like to put him on his first coyote and im just looking for a few pointers from you guys to increase our odds.
Posted By:

Re: Late spring / early summer coyote questions. - 05/22/14 05:56 AM

Pup distress. All other rules still apply.

Chupa
Posted By: txvarminter

Re: Late spring / early summer coyote questions. - 05/22/14 01:22 PM

pup distress for sure

might even try some challenge howls they should be paired up and territorial this time of year

but like Chupa said all rules still apply

Re: Late spring / early summer coyote questions. - 05/27/14 01:29 PM

10-4, thanks!

I've had luck in the past using pup in distress as my back up if a dog hangs up on me or gets a little spooked, but like I said I typically don't call this time of year. We are going out this afternoon (weather pending) I'll report back tonight.
Posted By: dogman11

Re: Late spring / early summer coyote questions. - 05/27/14 03:14 PM

might even try fawn distress. it's that time too.
Posted By: 6mm284

Re: Late spring / early summer coyote questions. - 05/27/14 07:35 PM

K9 puppies, dog barks mixed with coyote distress. There is plenty of food this time of yr, so chances are they won't respond too well to distress sounds. Pups should be in the den by now and the females will be real territorial. Go in there like your a coyote or dog in their denning area and you will get a good show. This is the time of yr that the decoy dog action begins to work, due to the coyotes protecting home base.

Re: Late spring / early summer coyote questions. - 05/29/14 10:02 PM

After three days, and three stands per day we finally knocked one down this morning. A young healthy female, stopped her at about 50 yards or she would have kept coming.
Posted By: JD4030

Re: Late spring / early summer coyote questions. - 06/25/14 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Chupathingy
Pup distress. All other rules still apply.

Chupa

Worked well for me a few weeks ago.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum