Texas Hunting Forum

Bardwell lake

Posted By: TXGH

Bardwell lake - 01/22/14 01:06 AM

I am headed to Bardwell lake tomorrow for some hog hunting.. anyone have any luck there? Also can you bait there for Hogs? Taking my shotgun and slugs.

Will take some regular slugs as well for squirrels hahaha

Thanks for the help guys!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Bardwell lake - 01/22/14 01:23 AM

rofl them some big squirrel if ya using regular slugs, been having luck with #8 with 410 & then carry slug or two if see a hog. Best Wishes flag

Re: Bardwell lake - 01/22/14 01:57 AM

Yeah I will have regular shots for the squirrels haha and will have a bout 5 slugs with me ready to go incase
Posted By: jdw

Re: Bardwell lake - 01/22/14 02:30 AM

Better be ready to walk forever to find bedded up hogs during the day. Everybody ive talked too had no luck for hogs out there. Seen some, but no dice. Keep us posted.

Re: Bardwell lake - 01/22/14 03:00 AM

well let you know. Prob will not get anything but when the high tomorrow is 61 why not give it a shot or two haha

Re: Bardwell lake - 01/22/14 03:13 AM

Toledo Bend is one of the area's open ta public for hog hunting. For the $48.00 permit. No closed season, All legal meens. your .270 is good ta go their bang thats last years, check your book, it may be same for this year too. Safe hunting flag

Re: Bardwell lake - 01/22/14 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie
well let you know. Prob will not get anything but when the high tomorrow is 61 why not give it a shot or two haha

leaves are off the trees, just sit still & watch. they smart, they jump from tree ta tree ahead of ya, an if ya do get close, they hid on other side, grab a stick an throw it. rofl better yet pretend like your deer hunting, they'll almost jump in your lamp. have a good one. flag

Re: Bardwell lake - 01/23/14 02:20 AM

I saw A LOT of signs of hogs being there but did not see any hogs haha. But there were a TON of rabbits. I got a good number. Also a lot of water foul and that season just started there too. Might have to go back tomorrow.

Re: Bardwell lake - 01/23/14 02:46 AM

most of the sign ya see on public land is done at night cause of the day time time pteasure, have sat over edge of area's torn up hour after hour, day after day during archery. have seen plenty of hogs, most being pushed, or just moving threw just outa range. water foul season, hmm, confused2 thought that was just closing check rules again. U see any squirrels flag

Re: Bardwell lake - 01/23/14 03:04 AM

Yeha it closes on the 25th or 26th something like that...

And yes I shot 3 squirrels haha.. and a good number of rabbits

Re: Bardwell lake - 01/23/14 03:10 AM

up flag
Posted By: jdw

Re: Bardwell lake - 01/23/14 04:10 AM

What area did you hunt?

Re: Bardwell lake - 01/23/14 06:19 AM

West if the bridge ok ff the choke rd access point
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum