Texas Hunting Forum

Whats your biggest Hog?

Posted By: DirtNapTET

Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/19/13 07:20 PM

Have got a few pretty big ones, but I believe this is my largest. Scale maxed out at 300lbs, but I'm guessing he was around 325 or so. Took 11 rnds from my .556 before he finally went down.

Thought it would be a cool to start a thread to see yall's largest...
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/19/13 07:50 PM

coolpics can only estamate, & before knew about girth measure, so not gonna say up have got some good sized ones. flag
Posted By: crstfr

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/19/13 10:02 PM

you win dude.. look at them cutters
Posted By: BuffaloSpringsRD

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/19/13 10:11 PM

GIANT
Posted By: Matagorda Mud Pig

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 03:57 PM

Ha! Mine's only about 150. Need to buy some scales. I'd definitely euro mount that huge pig of yours!
Posted By: East

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 03:58 PM

Nice cutters up
Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 04:35 PM

Mine was 250 not field dressed....Shot him at 250 yards in the neck with my .270 WSM....He was DRT.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 05:29 PM

I don't believe 99.9% of weights you read on the internet because of the above referenced posts. The vast majority of people do not weigh them or just say oh he bottomed out x lbs scale so he must be...

Since 2007 the biggest hog we have kill is 235 lbs live weight.
Posted By: Txcatman1

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 05:52 PM

This is the biggest one I've shot. Shot him about 4 yrs ago outside of Ben bolt. We didn't weigh him but it was everything me and a buddy had to get him in the truck. I've killed a few and actually weighed them that were over 200 lbs and they didn't give us near the trouble this one did.

I wish I was laying next to him in this pic but I had to stand on the truck bed just to get him in the pic. Filled up the whole truck bed, over 6 ft from nose to tail

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 06:13 PM

have found the bigger ones i've gotten don't hang around bye the scales, always way back in the woods confused2 go figure, an too big ta drag out, back pac was the way ta go, lot of dead weight on the big ones. left some for the yot's & buzzards. have noticed were hunt dont see as many big ones like used to, got chewed out cause didn't pull trigger on a big one while back rofl over 2 miles back in walken an friend would have had ta do majority of the work, he could have done it, but I hezitated on trigger, that day couldn't have pulled my own weight. if it would have been few days earlier. rifle cool thread kinda like fishing stories, the one that got away flag hitting wrong keys.

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 06:16 PM

up theirs some big ones out thar coolpics flag
Posted By: BCJ

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 06:30 PM

Roughly 215 lbs (verified with a Cabelas scale)
Posted By: NewJeep

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 06:33 PM

218lbs is the biggest one.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 06:48 PM

Has to be my first hog. I know he was well over 250 as I weighed close to that in the image and he was bigger than me.

Posted By: Pointer

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 06:49 PM

I've quit even wishing for a scale.
I've found that if you don't actually weigh them, they tend to continue to grow every time the tale is told. wink
Posted By: HogAssassin

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 07:00 PM

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 07:14 PM

my dad killed alot of hogs over 300# live weight using .22 he hauled live stock ta sale barn, if one got injured they seperated it, weighed, sold seperate, kept the family feed. flag
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 07:15 PM

not sure which one is biggest but they were all crowding the 300 range

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/20/13 07:30 PM

up on thread, coolpics got few pic's of hogs in public hunting thread, nothing big, have taken much bigger, just no pic's. few years back was still seeing few bigger ones, they getting harder ta find. flag
Posted By: M Bennet

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/21/13 03:49 AM

From noconna tx

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/21/13 03:52 AM

From noconna tx
426lb barr hog
Posted By: Mike Savoy

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/21/13 04:45 AM

365 boar and 330 Barr. Both weighed on calf scale. With my dogs.

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/21/13 05:17 PM

dang, some bigens, up on thread & coolpics makes me wanna hit the ol stomping grounds, see if thar still some bigens out thar, they to big ta drag out, back pac works best, camera tis lighter than scale. raining today, wouldn't be first time got wet, but stand is alot warmer, rofl I'll be high & dry, an rain will wash some of the dirt off the hogs. hard ta find hog if shot is little off in rain . after a good rain like this best hunting sign is lot easier, up ta all flag

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/21/13 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: M Bennet

From noconna tx
426lb barr hog

up were was that taken confused2 have gotten one or two bout that size flag river bottom's but they gettijg few &far between, numbers also.
Posted By: NewJeep

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/21/13 05:54 PM

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/21/13 06:55 PM

proof tis in the pudding rofl ones i've got pic's of in different thread are smaller than that one. meat off hind & front quarters & back straps deboned trimed just shy of 30# of saucage, back packed out, the bigen hesitated ta pull trigger, rofl almost walked home that day, but we had good time, sorry no pic's. flag

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/21/13 07:01 PM

mine wasnt that big, was using chewowas, they only bout 5# a piece, up couldn't help myself flag
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/21/13 07:03 PM

A tip of the hat to the hog doggers for catching them alive!!!

This one went 358 weighed on grain scale.

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/22/13 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
Originally Posted By: M Bennet

From noconna tx
426lb barr hog

up were was that taken confused2 have gotten one or two bout that size flag river bottom's but they gettijg few &far between, numbers also.

Error on my part, ones I got, dont think they were 400# they were big but not that big. flag
Posted By: furdown

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/23/13 03:14 AM

Biggest one I ever seen was 418# I didn't shoot him, but he was brought into the feed store I worked at and I put him on the scale. That sucker filled up a long bed ford. It was shot 8 miles south of weatherford

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/23/13 03:54 AM

We caught him in a hf in naconna tx.I shouldn't tell were the big ones are.but I dont care

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/23/13 05:25 AM

ya still seeing big ones? been few years but habe seen couple, guessing at weight, 300# on public land, lately they about 100#-150# ocasunaly some bigger, their getting thined out up on the hog they is fun ta hunt flag

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/23/13 07:09 AM

We dont see any like him but we catch alot of 130/175lb.them big barr hogs come ever once in a while
Posted By: Beckett

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/23/13 07:51 AM

Don't know how big it was but it took a tractor to move it.

Posted By: HOG RUSH

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/23/13 03:36 PM

Biggest Sow documented, well over 400 lbs. pregnant.

Biggest Boar documented. 350 lbs. Bullet went perfectly between his eyes. I have the skull. Perfect 30 cal hole.
Posted By: txsteve85

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/23/13 03:44 PM

Didnt weigh him but he was good size.

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/24/13 12:04 AM

up on thread coolpics ta all that posted, Merry Christmas ta all. flag

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/25/13 06:19 PM

have notifed oger the years, seeing less & less of the 300#+ hogs. few years ago thought I came up on the biggest one seen on hoof in the wild, have taken some big hogs. their was little snow on ground, ahout 2 1/2 miles back in woods, yes I use gps, any ways wasoff the atv trails, have found bigger ones try ta avoid high traffic areas, kinda like deer do, seen sokething huge laying bout 50-60+yrds ahead, at first thougt part of tree trunk fell over, slowed down to snail pace, to big ta be hog, then seen movement, hog, eased closer then explotion, turned out ta be 3 guessing 200#+ any ways yall hage a good one. flag
Posted By: Erich

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/26/13 04:21 PM

I've never seen many in the wild that I thought would go over 200lbs. several in the 150-190lbs range down south. my dad shot one this year that went 235lbs. and that was a big hog.

biggest I've ever seen, is a friend of mine kept a feral shoat in a pen for a few years and fed him. pig was more like a pet. had him for like 4yrs or so. finally just got to be too much trouble so we butchered him. he field dressed 265lbs. I don't know what he weighed on the hoof. probably around 300. I've heard if you barr/barrow them, they will get bigger. don't have any experience with it though.

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/26/13 07:06 PM

grandparrents raised hogs, used ta ride em whin kids, my dad drove 18 wheeler, as mentioned brange few back that got hurt, family get togethers, every one chipped in. done some cattle hauling, an sat at many auction barns, guessing weight, got pretty good, but that was years ago. been ta hog barns, they seperate hogs bye weight. with all that being said, still NOT an expert on judgeing weight, hogs i've taken in wild, usually had lojger bodies, fat at least 2-3 inches thick on hind quarters, hog rubs as high as keys in pocket. see very few of them any more, lot of preasure. people want them gone, others see em as other wild game. pic says a thousand words, i've boared ya enough, just enjoy hunting hogs. up ta all who have posted flag
Posted By: guess

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/27/13 04:50 AM

killed in 2007 free range,553 pounds. weighed on certified scales Montague co.

Wife's biggest hog
we were unable to weigh because we couldn't get him out of where he was. we were able to roll him 6 feet! Both Killed on video.

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/27/13 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: guess
killed in 2007 free range,553 pounds. weighed on certified scales Montague co.

Wife's biggest hog
we were unable to weigh because we couldn't get him out of where he was. we were able to roll him 6 feet! Both Killed on video.

I think we've got a winner! So far...

Those are some gnarly pigs!
Posted By: ScottA

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/27/13 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
I don't believe 99.9% of weights you read on the internet because of the above referenced posts. The vast majority of people do not weigh them or just say oh he bottomed out x lbs scale so he must be...

+1.
My biggest is 218 lbs weighed on a scale and it was extremely difficult to load in a Mule.
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/29/13 10:55 AM

Mine tipped the scales at 300 when we got divorced.
Posted By: Jacob645

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/30/13 01:41 AM

Posted By: crapicat

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/30/13 05:08 AM

Dirtnap...that one will make a nice mount...good hog...

elmer
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/30/13 05:30 AM

I have shot some really good sized hogs over the years..seldom take any pictures, but I can state with certainty I haven't got one bigger than Guess has...although I have hunted for a couple that size...never could meet at the same time.
Posted By: 100% OUTDOORSMAN

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/30/13 04:35 PM

Formula used to estimate:

Heart girth is measured in inches using a cloth measuring tape.
The tape is placed directly behind the front legs,
wrapped snugly around the heart girth, and read directly behind the shoulders.

pig weight = 10.1709 x Heart girth (inches) minus 205.7492.

Found to be 95% accurate to within 10 lbs.
Using the above formula, we get the following:

40 inch = 200 pounds
42 inch = 220 pounds
43 inch = 230 pounds
44 inch = 240 pounds
45 inch = 250 pounds
-------------------------------
46 inch = 260 pounds
47 inch = 270 pounds
48 inch = 280 pounds
49 inch = 290 pounds
-----------------------------
50 inch = 300 pounds
51 inch = 310 pounds

55 inch needed to get around 350 pounds

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/30/13 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: ScottA
Originally Posted By: redchevy

+1.
My biggest is 218 lbs weighed on a scale and it was extremely difficult to load in a Mule.

Those south tx hogs are common to look huge and not have much weight.. big frames but not much underneath...

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/30/13 05:38 PM

U been seeing any more biggens lately? been slow around here. cool thread flag

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/30/13 06:07 PM

Hog activity has been pretty slow out in Archer county. Think they have been hit pretty hard during the deer season. I imagine they will be back in full swing in a couple months...

Anybody else experiencing the same thing?
Posted By: BillyBilly

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/30/13 10:05 PM

Some of you guys need to sign up for the Wise County Hog Contest! You aren't that far away from Wise County...

Wise County Hog Contest Sign Up

Should be a good turnout this year and paid 1st Place last year over $4000
Posted By: hunthard

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/31/13 02:25 PM

Sorry for poor pic. Weighed 323. 2009 Brown County.
Posted By: Fishercounty

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/31/13 03:22 PM

Over in fisher been the same way, they are still here but hunters have them to spooked to hit the feeders during the day, after deer season it will go back to pig feeding again.

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/31/13 03:55 PM

Dang, econamy is doing better $4,000.00 for a hog. wish could aford ta go thar. rofl that will make a dent in hog population. huntijg preasure here has kept numbers down, fewer big ones being seen. Details details. flag hunters with dogs allowed ?
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/31/13 09:18 PM

Don't know what he weighed but I had to cut his head off and stand him up like a 55 gallon drum. He was then easy to tip over onto my cargo carrier on the Polaris Ranger. Whacked him with Purp,,, 220 Swift

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/31/13 10:33 PM

up still some biggens out thar flag
Posted By: JThoele

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/31/13 10:43 PM

Biggest sow, came in while predator calling, caught a .223 to the right eye.
Posted By: JThoele

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/31/13 10:50 PM

Probably the biggest boar I have a pic of on this phone shot with a 7mm08

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 12/31/13 11:09 PM

up coolpics flag
Posted By: Txcatman1

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/01/14 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: copperhead

Lmao

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/03/14 04:48 PM

Bump

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/09/14 05:55 PM

Bump. Any more out there?
Posted By: lglidewell

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/09/14 08:29 PM

I've posted mine before... lets see if I can find it again...

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/09/14 08:33 PM

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/09/14 10:19 PM

up details, looks like a hippo flag
Posted By: txbuckeye76

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/09/14 11:15 PM

WOW! Great Hog.

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/10/14 03:56 AM

Was leaving the ex-inlaws one evening and saw a pig under their feeder 380yds down a hill. Grabbed my bow, 2 arrows, threw on a camo shirt and silver athletic shorts (already had on) and stalked all the way down to it. There is 1 tree in this field I'm walking and it's 100yds from the feeder. Did my best to stay low and got within 42 yds. Used my last pin (35yd pin) and aimed a title high. Shot him through the liver and he ran 30yds and crashed. Went back to the house and changed and the ex-fil and I headed back down there. Didn't know it until I looked, but the hogs' right eye was missing and when I shot him he was facing my right. I just got lucky he wasnt facing the other way.

You can see the 4" gash behind his right eye here...

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/10/14 07:04 AM

up tried for years ta get a hog with bow. Be in tree stand, they too far out. on ground several times got with-in range, have some health problems & way to much movement drawing bow back, had em pin me down & walk up close enough ta tap em on nose with arrow. one i call big-tooth, heard hogs squiellen, only one arrow eased twards sound, seen two hogs moving threw tall grass, first one limping, figured someone slung arrow, looking back, think they were fighting. 1st hog kept going, 2nd stopped & turned around. using tall grass an what little trees, biggest 1-2" diamiter as break-up low crawl to shortan distance. hog was pretty much broadside, hair quartering to me graising lifting its head an snapping, could see the white of teath, adrenaline, goal 20 yards, can drive a tack. got in range, thinking pin, hog still snapping, then it turned giving quartering away, stood & drew pin insight squeesed on release. arrow shaved its shoulder. hog ran, went ta were hog stood, ended up finding arrow & could hear the hog, in excitment & crouched position miss judged distance. spent rest of day looking for it. congrates again flag
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/10/14 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: lglidewell

that thing looks like a baby rhino!

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/10/14 05:46 PM

does kinda look like it, scratch dont rinos have the horn, actualy hair. way the front leg folds under, rino was my first thought. still cool post flag
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/10/14 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: copperhead

worthless
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/10/14 06:15 PM

Here's my biggest hog. Not sure of the weight. I was quietly walking down a game trail following fresh hog tracks, got into some tall and thick brush, looked up and she was standing broadside at 15 yards. Scared the *%&# outta me! All I saw was one long and slow blink of her hog eyelashes. Raised my 30-30 and made her a new hole for an ear ring cheerleader

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/10/14 06:54 PM

up that thar be a winchester, took a few, had few that spent several hours trailing, never did find em. cant blame rifle flag

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/20/14 06:48 PM

Bump.

Figured since the season is officially over, pigs are back on the top of the list. Personally, I've been skunked the last few times I've been out. Did catch a calf in one of my hog traps this weekend. Not fun, at all. Got him out safely and uninjured though; thank goodness.

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/20/14 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
up that thar be a winchester, took a few, had few that spent several hours trailing, never did find em. cant blame rifle flag

Pretty sure thats a marlin my friend, both are solid guns though!

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/20/14 07:36 PM

Forgot I did weigh this one.. 294lbs brought him out alive

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/20/14 07:40 PM

eye's not the best, years worken at iron foundry, both are good back seen few hogs koging threw here, nothing big, guessing biggest 150# seen some big hogs in few other posts flag
Posted By: n-all

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/24/14 03:20 AM

my ex wife..she now goes bout 200lbs..been divorced 31 years..dang she put it on..
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/24/14 04:42 AM

This one bottomed out our 350lb scale in a hurry. Well over 350lb is all I know.

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/24/14 04:44 AM

up nice hog flag

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/24/14 04:46 AM

Didn't weight this one full. Brought the head just down past the legs to the Taxi (no lungs or guts, chain sawed it right below the front legs) and it weighed 197lbs. Taxi estimated it at 350lbs.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/24/14 04:53 AM

Got one with a bow I think was bigger but I didn't get to weigh it so this 226lber will have to do.
Posted By: Woj

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/24/14 06:47 PM

I let my daughter (9 years old at the time, 10 years ago) kill our biggest to date. 300#.

And if you want to see the action unfold and an excited kid, the youtube link of the kill is here... 'money shot' is around the 1:30 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWOGN8vYFY

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/25/14 02:28 AM

great video!
Posted By: Jrgman

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/25/14 03:01 AM

That is a great video. Awesome to see folks getting their kids involved in hunting and continuing the tradition. I especially like to see them get their daughters involved! That young lady will be hooked for life from the looks of it. Who cares how big the hog was that is just icing on the cake.
Posted By: GarayOutdoors

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 01/25/14 03:06 AM

My biggest hog to date, shot outside of Wortham, TX. No confirmed weight but estimated 350-400lbs.

Posted By: Old Goat

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 02/06/14 02:55 PM

thoes are some good size hogs
Posted By: Old Goat

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 02/06/14 02:56 PM

biguns

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 02/13/14 09:12 PM

Bump!
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 02/13/14 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Woj
I let my daughter (9 years old at the time, 10 years ago) kill our biggest to date. 300#.

And if you want to see the action unfold and an excited kid, the youtube link of the kill is here... 'money shot' is around the 1:30 mark.

Great video!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 02/14/14 01:38 AM

this one bottomed the 450 lb scale
Posted By: ScottA

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 02/16/14 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Woj

Great video and that hog is a BRUTE!
Posted By: Drew in Tejas

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 02/18/14 03:22 PM

EST around 300#
Posted By: thejimmster

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 02/19/14 12:55 AM

220 lbs for me
Re Post: http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4979307/East_Texas_Boar#Post4979307
Posted By: vanguard

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 02/21/14 05:47 AM

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 02/21/14 03:02 PM

up flag
Posted By: Sw0970

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 02/22/14 07:04 PM

This is my biggest hog. Forgot basket and had to get creative. It was a wild ride down 380 to Frisco that night. The look on peoples faces.

Posted By: Txhuntr2

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 02/25/14 04:28 AM

He bottomed out a 200lb scale with weight to spare. 250 maybe.
Posted By: HardcoreCarnivore

Re: Whats your biggest Hog? - 03/16/14 11:53 PM

Girlfriends biggest pig weighed roughly 325lbs live weight
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum