Texas Hunting Forum

Michelle calls and kills a close one!

Posted By: guess

Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/04/13 05:34 AM

Michelle called this boar in out of a thicket to 15 yards! You’ll notice he’s marking and walking stiff legged, all bristled up! Slowly and steadily working his way to us. This is how most mature boars come in. He was likely a 2 years old judging from the wear on his teeth. Though not quite mature he thought he was! Don't miss the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hq-CHq36_c
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/04/13 05:45 AM

up flag
Posted By: jlbain94

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/04/13 06:48 AM

Good pig!
Posted By: IHateFeralPigs

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/04/13 08:44 AM

Where did your wife hit the pig at?....on the shoulder or right behind the shoulder?
Posted By: cmc

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/04/13 12:26 PM

Nice! Is that highway noise in the back ground?
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/04/13 01:03 PM

Wtg Michelle congrats
Great video
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/04/13 01:30 PM

Kudos to Michelle, nice hog. 6.8 SPC, great caliber, love mine.

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/04/13 01:45 PM

through the shoulder...

Yes Highway noise. The highway is about 3/4 of a mile straight south of where we were. The noise carried worse than normal in the high humidity yesterday.
Posted By: altez

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/04/13 02:55 PM

Great video and awesome hunt! You've got a pretty large family smile
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/05/13 02:41 AM

up

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/05/13 02:43 AM

yes I do five children! 24,19,16,14,12
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/05/13 04:28 AM

Good going!
Posted By: GriffGruff78

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/05/13 02:55 PM

That's extremely cool. I think you just sold a grunt tube somewhere.

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/06/13 12:06 AM

any low pitched grunt tube will work the bigger the barrel the better. The one in this video is a custom deer grunt a friend made me many years ago. We generally use Haydels Ham-A-slama simply because he's my friend and they are free! HA. SERIOUSLY THOUGH ANY TUBE WILL WORK IN THE RIGHT SPOT AT THE RIGHT TIME.
Posted By: Brandon82

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/06/13 02:25 AM

up rifle
Posted By: pinkmist black hog down

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/12/13 03:35 PM

nice, i havn't had much luck calling pigs, might have to dedicate a weekend to trying it out now that i see a video where it works. Thanks!
Posted By: greygooser

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/12/13 03:56 PM

guess - So how does calling in a hog work?

Do you just hit a spot that you know Hogs are in general area and start grunting to bring them out?

or

Have you already seen the hog and you're grunting to get them in closer?

Generally speaking, when i hear hogs, i'm likely to have a shot within a minute or two. So i'm wondering if this is worth trying when i'm not getting any indication they are currently around, even though i know they are within say 500 yards.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/12/13 06:41 PM

all of the above except usually if we already see them we shoot them.
WE hunt comfort zones and bedding areas that we suspect have hogs present.
Please check out my seminar if you still have questions let me know. I address nearly all aspects of calling.

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/12/13 06:53 PM

My question to all of you guys that have tried hog calling. Have you successfully called other game, Deer, coyotes,turkey etc.?
If so did it work every time?

Here is the deal, it wont make you a better hunter. You have to be a successful hunter first then add this tool to your box of goodies. I don't rely solely on calling. I use it as a tool to get hogs to come out of areas I can't access without getting busted. If it doesn't work I take my chance and try to push them up and kill them. It works better in some areas than others. It will work off and on just like calling anything else or any other method of hunting. Nothing works every time.

It does work. It doesn't take any special calling talent. Hogs really aren't that smart. They are smart don't get me wrong but they lack the ability to reason. I have many testimonials from people who have either read about my technique or watched a seminar. I have also talked with a few old timers that have successfully called hogs. Larry Weishuhn,Gerald Stewart and a few others. However I don't know anyone that is trying to teach others how. That's my goal.
Posted By: Buckenvy

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/13/13 12:35 PM

up Awesome Video!! very informative and interesting!! I love to call, maybe more than the hunt!! I call for my buddies on every hunt! Pulled gobblers on a string, coyotes and foxes out of the den in horrible weather conditions. Understanding the animal in its habitat is the key, and blending in to avoid be busted. again AWESOME VIDEO!! Congrats Mrs. Guess
Posted By: greygooser

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/13/13 08:58 PM

guess - I'm going to start giving this a shot in the new year. I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks
Posted By: hunthard

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/13/13 09:56 PM

Great thread. Informative and cool. Nice shot by your wife. Happy Hunting!
Posted By: Nolenhunter

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/13/13 11:09 PM

Hey how are y'all doin I'm in the combine area and looking for a place to hunt hogs any suggestions?
Posted By: East

Re: Michelle calls and kills a close one! - 12/13/13 11:19 PM

Nice video Guess
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum