Texas Hunting Forum

bounty on coyotes

Posted By: hoss77

bounty on coyotes - 06/07/13 10:57 AM

Utah put a $50. dollar bounty on song dogs and to date 6,000 have been killed, they are hoping this will help the deer population
Posted By: Csddarden

Re: bounty on coyotes - 06/07/13 11:31 AM

some Texas counties have similar bounties. If memory serves me, you have to take either the right or left ear to them as proof.
Posted By: texas628

Re: bounty on coyotes - 06/07/13 08:52 PM

I had heard that Texas had a bounty too. This was when I was in high school so a buddy and I went to work and took three or four out one night and scalped them. When we called the game warden to collect our money he informed us that there was no bounty. There was a bounty on my buddy and me when my mom open the cooler in the garage with four coyote scaples! bolt
Posted By: Bearclaw

Re: bounty on coyotes - 06/08/13 04:00 AM

Time to quit your day job
Posted By: Cole P

Re: bounty on coyotes - 06/08/13 03:00 PM

I wish they would do that here... One coyote would pay for a set of traps.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: bounty on coyotes - 06/08/13 03:04 PM

Washington co. was one of the first. think it was $5-10 per pair of ears... they even tattooed a fews yotes ears and if anyone brought one in there was a pretty big reward
Posted By: hoss77

Re: bounty on coyotes - 06/08/13 03:05 PM

we use to hunt with greyhounds (Kansas) bounty at one time was $5. after we figured our expenses (coyote truck, dog box, ect) we figured we spent abut $30-50 for every coyote caught
Posted By: KeepItLokey

Re: bounty on coyotes - 06/08/13 06:20 PM

Talk about a good living
Posted By: J_squared

Re: bounty on coyotes - 06/11/13 01:34 AM

The one bad thing about a bounty is that every one and their grandma will be out educating the local coyotes!
I have a hard enough time as it is! confused2

And like someone else mentioned, they usually don't offer enough to make it pay for anything! Typical government, they will offer just enough to mess things up! bang
Posted By: macec3(TX)

Re: bounty on coyotes - 06/11/13 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: hoss77
we use to hunt with greyhounds (Kansas) bounty at one time was $5. after we figured our expenses (coyote truck, dog box, ect) we figured we spent abut $30-50 for every coyote caught

Gotta get more dogs and a bigger truck.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum