Texas Hunting Forum

Who's been heli hog hunting?

Posted By: cmc

Who's been heli hog hunting? - 02/12/13 08:10 PM

My son and my brother both wanting to go pretty bad. So who's been and where? Ive seen cost vary quit a bit also so if you care to chime in on that feel free.
Posted By: DuckCommanderCowboy28

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 02/12/13 08:51 PM

I hear its one heck of an experience . Not much of a hunt though more of a slaughter . My buddy just got back and they killed 75 . He was telling me that they also donate the meat and there is a few families that hang around and will go get them and get meat if you don't want it . I've never been so this is just hear say from my buddies .
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 02/12/13 09:29 PM

Too rich for my blood. I'll just have to climb higher in the tree. rifle
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 02/12/13 09:35 PM

Hadn't been yet, but going the 3rd weekend in March with these guys http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3972606/1 and can't wait! Don't know if they have any spots left, but might check them out?
Posted By: dustyh

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 02/15/13 08:33 PM

Would love to do it and will do it someday, got to start saving up for it. Looks like a blast.
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 02/16/13 09:30 PM

I think it would be a cool experience, but I'm not paying $1500 an hour. For that kind of cash you can get a killer lease and hunt all year. jmo
Posted By: caspergsx

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 02/17/13 07:08 PM

It sounds fun ..but for $1500 a hour I can find better things to due ...
Posted By: hunt-and-fish

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 02/20/13 11:36 PM

$1600 for 2 hours: http://www.bcboutfitting.com/helicopter
Posted By: BJ Lowery

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 02/26/13 02:42 PM

I got to go this past weekend. My neighbor who owns a large ranch hired a helicopter to fly for pigs and coyotes. I got to go for about 3 hours and we got 25 coyotes and about that many hogs. It was one of the most fun things I have ever done. We used 12 gauge shotguns.I hope I get to go next year also as they do this once a year.
Posted By: moderno

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 02/26/13 02:52 PM

Never hunted them from a helicopter but Have seen tons of them while penning cattle with a heli on the ranch in Zavala Co. The only thing I have shot is cattle that didn't want to act right. That was with a 22 pistol with ratshot.

I dont understand why it would cost that much. You can hire a chopper to pen your cattle for a hell of a lot less than that. You pay by the hour.
Posted By: Rob M

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 02/26/13 06:49 PM

I need someone to fill a spot with me on the 9th.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...tor#Post4084257
Posted By: jjohn1023

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 03/11/13 01:59 PM

Well worth the cost to do once, most fun I have ever had! Flew for almost 2 hrs and shot 25 pigs, and 5 coyotes. The AR was a blast to shoot but had the most fun with 12 gauge with buckshot, folds up large and small piggys alike!
Posted By: csmith936

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 03/11/13 04:42 PM

I work in south texas and this past weekend the landowner was flying around in a small yellow helicopter and shooting the hell out of some pigs with what look/sounded like AR-15's..I used to see hogs everyday in the pasture beside my location, but not no more lol...Thats one thing I want to do for sure before I die..Its on my bucket list rifle
Posted By: thebowfisher

Re: Who's been heli hog hunting? - 03/11/13 08:07 PM

I went with an outfit south of Houston last year for 3 hours in an R44. The cost was $650 per hour and we had 130 confirmed kills between me and my brother. I have a youtube video of alot of it if anyone wants to see it. We used 12 guages with 00 buck shot. laid em down
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum