Texas Hunting Forum

to all my hog brothers im coming home

Posted By: M Bennet

to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/11/12 08:10 PM

i just wanted to let my friends no im headed home and will be down for awhile but as soon as the doc releases me im hitting the woods , got alot of new ranchs to hunt . but thanks to all that prayed for me and being there.
Posted By: Jhop

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/11/12 08:48 PM

Been under the knife a few times myself. It's always nice to head home. Here's to hopping you're back up and going soon.
Posted By: Cast

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/11/12 08:58 PM

Good work Monte. Please holler if you need anything. I'm taking all the rest of my vacation between now and new years so I'll be home most of the time, or call me on the cell.
Posted By: BACONHEAD

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/11/12 09:19 PM

Glad to hear you are headed to the house. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Coy
Posted By: East

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/11/12 09:23 PM

Good to see you back, now go get em! up
Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/11/12 09:23 PM

good luck bro. glad your 1 step closer to getting there
Posted By: trapperjustin

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/11/12 09:54 PM

That's a heck of a contraption. Get well soon man. Just think, the longer you are down means more sows getting pregonant and having future hogs to hunt.
Posted By: Drodge

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/11/12 09:57 PM

Hang in there bud hogs will be waiting
Posted By: cmc

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/11/12 10:04 PM

They put a catch dog collar on ya, that's cute. Don't rush back, hogs will still be there, get healed 100% before you go chasing pigs. Rehurting it is worse than the first time.
Posted By: target1911

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/11/12 11:17 PM

I guess I missed something......what happened? Wish you a speedy recovery.

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/11/12 11:36 PM

the disc between my c6 an c7 hernneated and they went in today an took it out and put a block and plate an screws in, it was pinching a nerve in my neck that made my fingers num and lost stranth in my triscept mus, but now im good
Posted By: BOLT GUY

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/12/12 01:34 AM

Hope you mend fast Monty!! If you need anything at all just call on us
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/12/12 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: M Bennet
the disc between my c6 an c7 hernneated and they went in today an took it out and put a block and plate an screws in, it was pinching a nerve in my neck that made my fingers num and lost stranth in my triscept mus, but now im good
cheers Wishing ya a speedy recovery
Posted By: target1911

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/12/12 04:15 AM

Oh dang. Glad everything went good and it was a scheduled visit rather than a detour from the original plan.
Posted By: nastynate

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/12/12 04:25 AM

Awesome monty! glad the surgery turned out to be a success! hope recovery is quick! up
I enjoyed hunting with yall saturday night... we'll have to do it again whenever you get healthy!

Best wishes cheers
Posted By: bayourat

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/12/12 05:36 AM

After my wreck,and the 3 surgeries following it, I figured out I had spent 14 months of my life in either a halo or neck brace. Bud just take it easy its gonna be real easy to hurt it or break it loose especially for the first 3 months. First surgery they had to fuse C1-C2, and put a plate on C3-C4. 2nd surgery they had to do a total disc replacement at C5-C6 with one of those mechanical spring cages that you see the lawyers on TV advertising about that were recalled 3 months after it was put in. 3rd surgery was I grew a huge bone spur off of the cage at C5-C6 that had grown into my spinal cord and bruised and shredded the cortex. I now have a total neck fusion from C2-C7, and they had to implant a surgical mesh cage in my spinal column the entire length of the cervical spine. I have no feeling on the outside of my right arm and neuropathy in my ring and little finger. I also have neuropathy in my left leg and will probably always drag my left leg. It sure beats the alternative though, anything I can help you with let me know. I've probably been thru it. Understand there may be things you can't do anymore but the pain and numbness will subside over time.
Posted By: Texsun

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/12/12 05:51 AM

Get well soon man!

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/12/12 06:07 AM

thanks my hog brothers it means alot to me even if we never met, sorry for my typing im just a country boy with some schooling,lol
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/12/12 06:47 AM

Dang man, I didn't know you were in the hospital. I am glad all is going well and I pray you'll have a speedy and (relatively)comfortable recovery.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/12/12 12:35 PM

Speedy recovery, Monty but don't rush it! I hope you get back to 100% quickly though. Like Keith said...and I'll do what I can to help out too, just holler.
Posted By: jmc82

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/12/12 01:08 PM

Get well soon.
Posted By: murphy35000

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/12/12 02:22 PM

get well soon
Posted By: RMattD

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/13/12 12:19 AM

Sounds like the operation was a success. Let us know how you are doing as you mend.
Take care!
Posted By: unwutarmy

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/13/12 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: cmc
They put a catch dog collar on ya, that's cute. Don't rush back, hogs will still be there, get healed 100% before you go chasing pigs. Rehurting it is worse than the first time.
same issue with my father, he tried getting out and doing stuff too early before he was healed, and 14 years later, is still not the same
Posted By: DavidK

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/13/12 02:10 PM

Dang Monty, they didn't actually make you wear a brace? I had c5/c6 fused, they said the brace is ok if you need to drive much, but if you wear it should be a passenger because it limits your movement and sight. Did they use a cadaver bone between the discs or a cage?

Best wishes on your recovery.

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/13/12 03:55 PM

idk he said a block and a plate and screws , but its the thrd day and im hurting
Posted By: Cast

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/13/12 04:17 PM

Call the doc, get some better pain pills. Ain't no reason to be hurting at home.
Posted By: d1a2v3

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/13/12 06:49 PM

God bless you with speedy recovery
Posted By: TXHogger

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/14/12 12:45 AM

God's speed on your recovery. I am looking forward to reading more Hog hunting stories.

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/14/12 01:24 AM

You may be on it already, but if your not. Tell your Dr. your having bad muscle spasms down your arms and see if he will prescribe some neurotin it deadens the nerves so when they are regenerating it doesn't hurt

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/14/12 07:51 AM

Originally Posted By: M Bennet
idk he said a block and a plate and screws , but its the thrd day and im hurting

Yea probably bone from a cadaver. On me the used a cage, it's called peek, they basically take a hole saw between the two vertebrae after removing the disc, it cuts in to each bone, they then take the bone fapragments and pack them in to the cage and screw the cage in where they cut the whole and then the titanium plate and screws, then it fuses through the cage.

I didn't really have any pain after the surgery and I didn't take the pain killers they gave me, however I have MS so I take multiple neurological drugs which probably helped, like neurontin (Gabapentin), etc.

You'll get back going soon.

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/14/12 02:32 PM

DavidK - I'm curious did they find your MS before, after or at the time of your surgery?

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/14/12 03:58 PM

Found the MS long time ago. My MS has caused the loss of feeling in my right hand, fingers, arm, etc as well as motor function problems, and I started to get numbness recently in my fingers in my left hand and we knew the blown disc was pushing against the radial nerve on that side, so we did the surgery. Didn't really help, so probably my MS just taking its course.

I wear braces on my legs now because the legs are getting bad, and even though the trauma from surgery can make the MS worse, I'm open to trying anything to help.

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/14/12 04:11 PM

They didn't catch mine till this last of 3 surgeries. Motor skills and right arm are fading pretty fast, and left leg has been messed up since last surgery. It seems like I have stabilized haven't gone to far backwards but i get up everyday and try and push it. I see people who just kind of laid down after being diagnosed with it, and they really go down hill fast. I guess it all depends how aggressive the disease is, I met someone awhile back that has had it for 15 years and once they started treating it it stabilized. I guess some bodies respond to the treatment and some don't

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/15/12 07:09 PM

Bayourat, they say that 1/3 of the people will be crippled from the disease, 1/3 will end up in a wheelchair and the other 3rd will be functional with some issues.

Are you currently on a medication? I was on Copaxone for years, didn't work, on Rebif now and just got MRI results from this week, new lesions at c3 and c4 on my spinal cord, so now switching to Gilenya after some more tests.

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/16/12 12:02 AM

I'm on neurontin Copazxone. They have bumped me up to 800mg of Neurontin every 6 hours. When I first started taking it I had to take 100mg every 4 hours

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/16/12 12:04 AM

Any idea if the lessions are through the cortex and if they are how deep are the impactions?
Posted By: DIME BOX DEER CAMP

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/16/12 03:51 AM

Glad to see you up and about one step at a time no rush. God speed flag
Posted By: Vern1

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/16/12 12:53 PM

God speed Man!
Just listen to the Docs and give it a few months to heal properly.
My wife had exact same surgery 14 months ago.
The first few months are kinda tough as you just want to do something productive - just limit it now or you will be limited later.
Take a few months off and give the pigs some time to "restock" as you will be hitting them harder than ever soon.
Posted By: artrios60

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/17/12 09:08 PM

guess i am outta touch
speedy recovery to ya
Posted By: TEXAN1970

Re: to all my hog brothers im coming home - 12/18/12 02:34 AM

I don't know you Bro but God Bless you and your's and I pray for a full and speedy recovery for you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum